• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability remains 'Being casted' for too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

I made an ability based on Shadow Strike (with no dmg nor duration), but the ability remains as being casted (Green border) for bout 1 second after the effect of the ability has finished :S

btw, could you please tell me some good ablities with missile effects to base the skill on? Firebolt and Stormbolt both have stun, I need one without stun.

Level 8
i think "Death Coil" will not target an enemy Undead or an allied .. non-Undead.. even if you change the Targets Allowed. the best dummy skill is still Channel. no stun, no damage. and you can change the missile effects XD

Level 20
I choosed channel, but I don't know how to add the missile effect. Nothing happens, no matter what info I use in the Missile Art, and Missile Speed... Actually, everything works great using Channel, the only thing left to make it 'perfect' for me, is shootting the missile =/

Level 20
Chain Lightning is inmediate :p That was my main problem. I can't use Firebolt with 0.01 duration because it would mean a ministun and I don't want that. I tried several skills and found that all the missile skills stops the requires the caster to move or do some action (Stop works) before casting again. Otherwise the hero stands like a dumb doing nothing. 1 Second later the skills is able to use again.

The only solution I think of is creating the spell with Channel, and add the Missile Spell to a dummy, and make the Dummy cast the spell... A lot of work just or a Missile ¬¬

Can't add Lightning Effects to Channel, at least in the objet Editor

Level 20
Actually.. I found a completely different and simpler way to do it.

Making an Item ability based on Item Black Arrow Bonus Damage, changing the missile and stuff, and triggering whatever I want to do =)

Thanks everyone for your attempt of helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.