1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battle of 2154

Submitted by Uklabokalala
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
「The Battle of 2154」

By Uklabokalala

Gameplay
[tr]
After a nuclear war, Earth was ruined but Northern America, Asia, and Europe. Some fled to space, others stayed. A American and Canadian group called the Imperial Army took over the remaining places habitable on Earth. They grew artificial plant and cloned water to make the Earth again, but some people liked the future and wanted it how it was, so a man named Tarran formed a rebellion and fought back. Russians joined the fight but wanted different things then the rebels so tensions grew between them, and finally a civilian of one of the restored towns hired mercenaries to protect them, but they paid to low to keep the mercenaries hired, so the mercenaries were going to leave but the war trapped them on the planet, so all four factions are fighting to live, leave, or rule.
BTW screenshots are outdated ill get those later. :)

Screenshots
[tr]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features
[tr]
Zombie Attacks
Capturing of Buildings
Names of Some Soldier
Super packing of transports

Credits
[tr]
Uklabokalala, StoPCampinGn00b, All the people who did the models (sorry i couldn't get you all and there were so many i didn't write you guys down), and my Nephew

Changelog
[tr]
1.6- Fixed the Bridge, fixed the radiation pools, and took off mutants sleeping.
2.0- Added models, took off ammo, added/ replaced to a supply depot, added a timer for mutant attacks, fixed the sniper icon, fixed the beginning message, fixed terrain a little, moved crystal mines closer to the bases, added new names, added landmines, took off some abilities that you gain but kept the ones on sniper and Wasteland Soldier because they are more single troops, change stats and money cost for some units, and added the transport truck

Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Zombie, Marines, Big, Altered Melee, Future[/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr]
Contents

Battle of 2154 (Map)

Reviews
16:15, 17th Dec 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: See my review-ish 18th Jan 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: See my comment. 9th Feb 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Awaiting DISTBTNs, discussed with author.
  1. 16:15, 17th Dec 2014
    StoPCampinGn00b: See my review-ish

18th Jan 2015
    StoPCampinGn00b: See my comment.

9th Feb 2015
    StoPCampinGn00b: Awaiting DISTBTNs, discussed with author.

2. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map looks familiar...hasn't it been uploaded here before?

3. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've granted permission for him to do so, but I did recommend he post in map development, idea factory, and or requests forums to check if it's ready. Meh, map will not be rejected on the spot. I'll see if it's ready or not.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  4. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I appreciate the informative quests and fun concept, but the map itself is lacking in quality. Here are a few things I believe you should take a look at.

1) The ammo system. Your ammo system to use for a map with a great deal of units is painfully hard to use. No one wants to manually refill a whole army by using the select user option. It just wastes time.
    2) All units are heroes. I understand you want units to level up mimicking an experience system, but this causes some problems. It's a such a long way to level up to twelve and like the ammo system, manually learning an ability for masses of units is not the best idea.
    3) Unfair/confusing layout. There is an excessive amount of cliff marked pathways. It's hard to see where to go, especially on the mini-map. Also, it's unfair for the bottom right player to have access to free gold mine.
    4) Models. Though it's fine not to include custom models, having the same model for different units is simply confusing. Sure, there is are icons to distinguish them, but it does not compensate enough.

There are a lot of little things like no hotkeys, unnecessary abilities as call to arms, fails make it confusing. I do recommend you just work on your new project instead of this one, but I've set it to await update/needs fix just incase.

5. Rex.

Rex.

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To conclude, you still need to learn more. :) Don't give up! :wink:

6. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map flows a little more smoothly now, as of now I'd give a 3/5 but there are a few things that are still flawed.

Commenting on how the previous points compare to the new version.
    1) Huzzah, the ammo system isn't a hassle and time consuming anymore. That being said, why does the ammo box still exist? 0_o
    2) You haven't managed to fix my #2 point has stated. There are a few rank systems you can implement here to have the abilities be learned automatically through experience.
    3) That layout is still a little confusing but it isn't very unbalanced. I'll let this slide.
    4) You are missing a sniper DISBTN, it causes it to be green.
    5) I've also fixed your features list. To make the map look more professional, I suggest you go to triggers and delete the automatically spawn workers at start location one.

It would also be nice to improve your changelog. Anyway, I'm keeping the map pending until at least two minor things above are fixed. Good day.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  7. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I'll be setting this to await update again.