• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Woods of battle

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Woods of battle (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Another new melee mapper, welcome! Unfortunately making good melee maps is hard, and in this map a lot of stuff doesn't work out. For example I agree with: Then also: -The spiders on the left will be removed upon the start of the game due to being...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Another new melee mapper, welcome!

Unfortunately making good melee maps is hard, and in this map a lot of stuff doesn't work out. For example I agree with:
I see your idea, quite like it for quick matches.

But non-symmetry, sheeps droping Orbs of Slow, absense of a Tavern simply make it non-melee.
Then also:
-The spiders on the left will be removed upon the start of the game due to being too close to the starting location.
-Itemdrops are imbalanced (and never have any chances that don't add to 100% in total).
-Creeps block the direct path to the opponent.
-Creeps should have reduced aggro range (except at gold mines, most of the time).
-Very linear map.
-Small gaps and paths between trees.

This map would basically need to be remade completely to be anywhere near even the worst blizzard maps. Try to look at the standard blizzard maps see what they are doing to improve as a mapper. Therefore map set to substandard. Sorry.