• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Battle for Tatooine - UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello Hivers,

I have decided to take a short break from my campaign to update my Star Wars dog-fighting map: Battle for Tatooine (seen here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/battle-tatooine-202229/)

I've got plenty of cosmetic changes in mind - updated terrain, improved missile tracking, a few hero balancing fixes, and some new advanced maneuvers (e.g. 1/2 loops and such).

I would like to hear from some people who have played the game and what they would like fixed. Keep in mind that my map size is up against 8MB so I might need to cut a custom model or two to put in new features.

Some questions in particular:

1. Did you find any of the heroes to be overpowered on the ground? Any heroes you thought were useless. To remind you the heroes were:
Rebels: Jedi Apprentice, Ithorian pilot (with stomp and energy weapons), Rebel sniper, and Gran mechanic (with grenades).
Imperials: Sith Apprentice, Bounty hunter, Gammorean sniper (with aimbot), Assassin droid

2. When dog fighting, did you use your missiles against enemy craft or did you find them inferior to lasers?

3. Did you find any ships overpowered or useless?
Rebels: Z95, Ywing (upgrades with turret), Xwing, Awing, Bwing
Imps: TIE, TIE Bomber (with mine upgrade), TIE int, Shuttle, Blastboat

4. In general, did you find the ships too survivable - so that it took too much work to kill a player, or not survivable enough?

Well, that's all that comes to mind, but feel free to give me any suggestions or requests you have in mind.

Thanks to everyone for playing,

Darwin

p.s. I cannot host, so I almost never play my map in multi-player. I'd be particularly interested in any feedback from players who have played in groups.

Level 14
Yes indeed! I've actually already fixed that in the version I'm working on. It always bothered me too!

I'm actually considering removing that scene and replacing it with something else because the Texture for the dying Star Destroyer takes up a lot of space...I might be able to squeeze in a new ship if I take that out.

If you have any more suggestions they would be welcome. Did you think the heroes needed any fixes?

Hey, just wanted to drop by and say i really like your map! I haven't played it enough to give you feedback, but i tried it some time ago and noticed immediately that it was quality work. All the systems are super solid, and controls are not at all as clunky as they use to be in warcraft maps. You really nailed the Star Wars-feel!

Level 14
Thanks, that means a lot coming from you. I played your ship combat game recently and thought that was really fantastic. In my campaign I have a river-based mini-game that uses real water currents, but I couldn't pull it off nearly as well as you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.