• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

---STAR WARS--- Tatooine's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
184486-albums3456-picture40235.png

"They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally, they became heroes."
Leia Organa Solo
---STAR WARS--- Tantooine's Tale is a project by Grievous1 and M0rbid and supported by the Fusion Engineering Group aiming to add a new experience to the Star Wars universe. This project is intended to be a Life of a Peasant based Warcraft 3 map located on the Planet Tatooine during the time of the establishment of the Galactic Empire by Imperator Palpatine. Live your life and find your way through the dangerous streets of Mos Eisley. Find your luck with the good site of the force, become an addict of the dark side or try to build up your own rules and armies.

• M&G's Custom Light/LightreflectionSystem: A system that aims to enhance the optical look of warcraft 3 and inidividualizes it
  • Destruction System: A system that will allow to destroy and/or interact with many objects of the environment
  • Supports Battlenet and LAN games with up to 12 players
  • Free Fraction Choosing
  • Job application system
  • Character Individualisation
More to come

Coming soon

• Galactic Empire
  • Alliance to Restore the Republic (Rebell Alliance)
  • Hut Clan
  • Tash Celik's Smuggler Ring
  • Tatooine Syndicate
  • Czerka Corporation

184486-albums3456-picture40246.png
More to come

Coming soon

No credits yet

A download is not yet available

Last edited:
Level 19
Damn. I love Star Wars maps, and this looks pretty awesome to begin with, if you need any help, I can help with Triggering:)

Level 14
Ah you are going to create your own custom models? I just wanted to write that it would be better to set it in clone wars era, because more models are avalaible.

For sure we will make our own stuff like our other projects also no fear ^^: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-iii-paranoia-181776/ http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/arcadia-rise-fall-overhauled-184451/ http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/chernobyl-lost-riddles-147272/ and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/rise-rapture-150794/ for more information you can find us under http://www.fusion-engineering-group.com/

Level 22
Eww.. This is always an ehh.. I've tried numerous Star Wars maps, and had no success..
And without any screenshots yet it doesn't seem like you have any feasible models.
So far the only thing intriguing is that sexy storm trooper chick. xD

Did you join FEG M0rbid?

Level 23
Well, I don't think it's yet the time to be filled up with negative thoughts like this. The reason why there are no screenshots yet, is because the project has just yet started, and since we will create our own models and textures we cannot take ingame screenshots at the first day of the project, but I can assure you we are busy working not only on the presentation of the game, but also on its layout and ressources. So I would like you to refrain from those "This will never work" comments, since those are not really motivating nor helping.

Regarding your second question: Yes. And I really appreciate it :)

Level 7
Im a star wars fan, but IMO loaps are boring. Hope this map will change my opinion. Please make some new classes instead of the Drug Lord, Mafia, Police etc., they're extremely boring

Last edited:
Level 22
Well, I don't think it's yet the time to be filled up with negative thoughts like this. The reason why there are no screenshots yet, is because the project has just yet started, and since we will create our own models and textures we cannot take ingame screenshots at the first day of the project, but I can assure you we are busy working not only on the presentation of the game, but also on its layout and ressources. So I would like you to refrain from those "This will never work" comments, since those are not really motivating nor helping.

Regarding your second question: Yes. And I really appreciate it :)

Oh, I was unaware this was the first day of the project; although, nevertheless, starting a project thread once the project is 25% done is always best so that you can have more of an idea of what you are creating.

I'm sorry if I came off as negative, it's just my nature.

Level 9
This sounds extremely awesome. I confess that I do enjoy LoaP-styled maps very much, and I do like Star Wars a bit (although I was very addicted in early last year). I'll keep up on this project and I am sure we will see good stuff from here, since it got two incredible map makers and the FEG support.

Good Luck people!

Last edited:
Level 9
Looks awesome, just the skin is a little awkward. But, as you said, it is still in work so... good job anyway :). His helm looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Level 14
Why do you use the villager as a base?? WHY??? =/

Please, for gods sake, use another base for it, BUT NOT VILLAGER!

Trust me, it's the most akward looking base you can use, unless you put thousands of things on it, wich in this case, isn't possible.
What is with that stormtrooper in your avatar? Is it from jedi knight I suppose? =/

Because he fits the warcraft theme perfectly... :/

and no the stormtrooper in my avatar is not from a game its just a unanimated high poly stormtrooper model view but he will be eat to much from the file size.

Level 23
Well, I just had a talk with Grievous and we both agreed that any warcraft 3 model as a base is too lowpoly and way to comicstyled to fit our needs, so we decided to create a totally scratchmade villager, that will allow us to customize it by many attachments.
This will surely takes it time, but I will start as soon as possible and give my best to get a good result out of it.

In the meantime I am gonna show you a freshly created doodad model, texture to come soon:
EnergyGenerator2.jpg

Level 22
Well, I just had a talk with Grievous and we both agreed that any warcraft 3 model as a base is too lowpoly and way to comicstyled to fit our needs, so we decided to create a totally scratchmade villager, that will allow us to customize it by many attachments.
This will surely takes it time, but I will start as soon as possible and give my best to get a good result out of it.

In the meantime I am gonna show you a freshly created doodad model, texture to come soon:
EnergyGenerator2.jpg

You need to space that box where it intersects with the poles and the sides and it will be perfect.

Level 23
Thank you.
1. Because there are only a very few that fit our theme perfectly and we do not want a scattered mix of unfiiting models that only feature being a star wars related model. (of course they are great though, just not fitting our need at all)
2. We do need custom textures to make the custom light/lightreflection sysem work.

Hope that answers your question.

Level 22
Sorry, I am not entirely sure what you mean, could you elaborate please?

There are four poles on that deposit structure.. From Tatooine obviously.. One pole on each corner.. With four corners.. The box in the middle is sitting where as it does not touch the four poles. It should infact intersect on each corner with the four poles.. Like so:

V V
___
| |
^^

Status
Not open for further replies.