• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle For Outland v2.0a

What would happen after W3TFT if the WoW lore was not added? Who gives a shit? But anyway, here is what probably will happen. This map is an altered melee map based on the Deadlands map by Blizzard Entertainment. It features 4 races and 1 newly added race battle each other for control over Outland. Special thanks to MogulKhan, who helped me heaps by supplying me with ideas, complaints and resources. Have fun!

THIS MAP IS PROTECTED, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE FILE SIZE. IF YOU WANT THE UNPROTECTED VERSION TO TAKE A LOOK, PM ME AND GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL. Sorry.

Blood Elves[Humans]-Magically adept and balanced, though no real firepower
Fel Orcs[Orcs]-Excellent tankers but few tactics and quite costly
Naga[Undead]-Powerful units but very unbalanced techtree and bad support
Draenei[Night Elf]-Stealthy and very tactical, but lacking in firepower
Legion[Custom]-Very aggressive, but food is scarce in the start

<<<Change Log>>>
v1.8a
Legion half-finished
Removed victory/defeat
Draenei are Eredar only (no Broken)

v1.8b
Legion nearly finished
Rough victory/defeat triggers
Added trigger-based spells

v1.9a
Legion fully integrated
Perfected victory/defeat triggers
Added some new triggers
Scrapped Fel Bat and added Spore Bat

v1.9b
Changed some legion building models
Changed credits
Fixed minor spelling mistakes
Removed extra Spore Bat

v1.9c
Made whole map visible to compensate for v/d con.
Changed some legion building models
Changed draenei models
Added Broken Draenei worker
Fixed Void Walker harvesting
Fixed Aquaforge Barrage Cannon
Changed Flying Enigma to Flying Succubus

v2.0a
Changed Stone Enigma to Void Enigma
Added mana to Nether Beast
Changed Mana Drain's effects
Changed Ogre Mound model and icon
Fixed minor spelling errors
Fixed Huntress' Sentinel ability
Fixed Naga Carapace upgrades
Fixed Tidebaron's Drench
Changed Ogre's voice
Map is now protected

Keywords:
Battle, Outland, Draenei, Blood Elf, Fel Orc, Naga, Legion, Demon, Draenor, War, altered melee
Contents

Battle For Outland v2.0a (Map)

Reviews
08:01, 25th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 15
I ll try 2 make a map like yours.But with race:Dwarf,Orc,Ice Troll and Blood Elf.Can u find for me some ice trolls models?
EDIT:Can u tell me where can i find catapult model from wc3:roc in WE,not demolsiher old catapult?

Last edited:
Level 4
One Problem i found with legion in 1.8a was the morphers that come from the farm buidlings are much ot powerful for their cost. if this was fixed already then its good but i just wanted to make sure you knew about it.

Well, I decreased their hit points to 450, armor is still fortified but is reduced to 1. The cost is the same, and they are 4 food. Also, if you think they were strong then, download BF0v1.9a, research Geomorph in the Legion house, and then morph the Enigma into a Stone Enigma. Also, if you play as player 1 in v1.9a, there is a Spore Bat already. Sorry for that, I forgot to delete it while I was testing (again).

Level 4
One problem about the legion thoguh is that Spawning pits take up alot of room. and to mass these like farm requires a very large amount of space. Also im not sure if this is intentional but When legion makes a hero thres the lightning flashing all aorund onto the trees and ground.

Edit: also some custom heroes for the legion would be nice to see in later versions...along with some prices on most of the upgrades for the legion >.>

Edit of an Edit: found one problem with the workers. If one worker is taking over a tree, and another worker is assgined to it, instead of taking it over like a wisp, it harvests it like a peon. and the victory bug is also sitll in effect.

I'll fix the Spawning Pit problem right away. That lightning thing is on purpose and I didn't make the model.
I would make custom heroes for the Legion, but I'm running out of abilities for them. What do you mean by upgrade prices? Did I forget to add them?
I'll look into the lumber harvesting.
I'm 100% sure that the triggers for the victory/defeat conditions work. It is when all buildings are destroyed, not units.

EDIT: The Spawing Pit is supposed to be like that because it produces Enigmas.

Level 4
Yea i know about the fact it produces engimas but the prob is for a building that provides food it still take up alot of room. if it is jsut a bit smaller it would be easier to make them. as for upgrade prices some abilities like the felguards impale attack is free. and the bug for victory and conditions only half works: if an enemy kills one building then it gives them victory.

Level 15
I am back again.Sorry i was doing on my map last few days.^^
Hunter9G are u stupid or what?Leagion is only beta race and they ARE NOT FINISHED YET.And Ghost i ll try 2 test and see all your races and i ll tell what u need 2 change(for me).I ll try new ver now.

Lets not start a bitchfight. The Spawning Pit is like that because
a)if all of them are cooped up, the Enigmas won't have room to be trained
b)the Legion is supposed to be weak in food (remember Illidan shut down demon gates so no reinforcements could arrive) and so the more room it takes, the less space for more of those spawning pits.

Level 15
OMG GHOST sporebat is in the map alwys (again).And bug with overlord:i can train overlord and i can upgrade fel gurad in overlord.BAT MODEL IS CHANGED WITH SPOREBAT!!!!!!! HURAYYYYY

Level 15
HEHEHEH,U can make for fel guard 1 spell(upgrade in daemon pit).He ll transform into overlord without cd or backing into fel guard.^^

Level 4
I am back again.Sorry i was doing on my map last few days.^^
Hunter9G are u stupid or what?Leagion is only beta race and they ARE NOT FINISHED YET.And Ghost i ll try 2 test and see all your races and i ll tell what u need 2 change(for me).I ll try new ver now.

Yes i know that it is a beta race. thats why im making suggestions about it. alsp if the legio is supposed to lack food then atleast make thier basic units a bit stronger because each unit costs 3-4 food.

Edit: i think i found out problem with the victory but im gonna test it to be sure. i think the problem is that if you have more then 3 or four teams then it causes that glitch to happen. atleast thats what it seems to be.

Level 4
I suggest that u make 1 more race.It ll be funnier!"3 good and 3 bad races" ^^ 3vs3 rulzz

I agree. maybe make a race of dwarves that came to harvest the minerals from the outland rock or some goblins come as merceneries. also you could have something like a mage race full of elemental beings and spellcasters(though i think this last one has already been done)

Level 16
Heh, i like this map. I'll try the new version to see the changes. Also, please try to reduce the filesize by removing unnecessary models. I think you should make another version with a greener part of Draenor as the Battlefield (Zangarmarsh and Terokkar Forest for example).

EDIT: Nice work with the Legion. However, the Blood Elven Huntress's skills is bugged. Fix it. For now, 4/5 because of skill bug and insane filesize.

Last edited:
Level 15
If u want race that ll be ogres.U can ask Algaremm for some models.And i think spore bat is from Draenies not for Orc,but i am not sure.^^

Ogres? No way! They are the most difficult race in Outland! And besides, they aren't really a whole faction, they are part of the Horde (play Warcraft 2). I may do elementals in the distant future. Spore Bat is actually neutral. They have no side, but for the sake of balance, I added it to the Fel Orcs. Alagremm is alrealdy having trouble with his own map. I spoke to him about the models but he said that he didn't have any. Besides, he isn't the modeller in FoD.

Level 16
Oh yeah, i forgot to add something. The legion's food producing building should have a smaller size. Oh, no. Wait a minute. ALL buildings should have a smaller size. Sorry if that's kinda rude. I just can't stand oversized buildings. Also, fix the Blood Elf Huntress's skill bug.

Level 4
Oh yeah, i forgot to add something. The legion's food producing building should have a smaller size. Oh, no. Wait a minute. ALL buildings should have a smaller size. Sorry if that's kinda rude. I just can't stand oversized buildings. Also, fix the Blood Elf Huntress's skill bug.

We have already discussed the legion's food buildings and they so big because they produce units. he made size slightly smaller. all buildings for what race? they those sizes because it is the size of Real Melee Buildings. and yes we already know about the huntress's bug.
did you not read the forum?

Level 16
We have already discussed the legion's food buildings and they so big because they produce units. he made size slightly smaller. all buildings for what race? they those sizes because it is the size of Real Melee Buildings. and yes we already know about the huntress's bug.
did you not read the forum?

Okay then. Sorry about that. However, i think the food produced by the building should be 10 or 12. I won't argue if GhostThruster don't want to change it, though.

10 or 12? Do you know how powerful the Enigmas are? I'm not boasting about my own creations, they are really powerful as well as versatile, able to act like tanks, scouts, and siege units. Now imagine having a building with 12 food being able to create Enigmas! I think that's a bit unbalanced. That is why I set their cost to 180 gold and food to only 8, which is still more than the farm. By the way, Hunter, can you tell me what occurs during the Moon Glaive bug?

Level 16
Whoa! Don't get angry at me! It's just a suggestion. I understand if you don't want to change the produced food. After thinking for a while, the size wasn't that big (Just a little bigger than a farm). I thought the Stone Enigma, however, was a little too big. DON'T HURT ME!

Off-Topic: I've just noticed that your avatar is actually moving for a while.

Last edited:
Hey man, I wasn't angry, just trying to explain to you why I chose not to add the bonus food. Actually, the size is quite big I admit, but I explained why before. The Stone Enigma, I guess, is a little over-sized. I won't hurt you! I'm not strong. Okay, I am quite strong, but I despise child abuse. Okay, I am actually weak, I was boasting.

Off-topic: My avatar always moves!

Level 6
I have some suggestions for new races:

Arakkoa
Scourge
Broken and Lost Ones
Illidari
Titans
Beasts of Outland
Ethereals

Fix the Taverns. They can give you heroes like Sea Witch and Pit Lord. And they are already affiliated to the playable races.
Change the spells of the Heroes. It's kinda boring to have a model-changed same-spell heroes.
Make the races more unique. Model and spell replacing is not cool.
Victory conditions: Is this map have different victory conditions? I achieved victory against 4 players by defeating only one of them.
And a useless issue: Pheonix hurts units with invincibility cheat code.(Cheaters have Elvophobia)
Blood elves: Special abilities of Huntress and Glaive Thrower doesn't have the proper researches.
Legion: Altar of Doom glows too much during a hero training. Some researches of the Legion doesn't cost resources. Like Overlord Upgrade. Spawning Pit is WAY BIG.
Fel Orcs: Ogre Lodge sounds and looks awkward. Change it's name to an Ogre Mound and model to a more cave like building not a totem. Why is Berserker's ultimate have a green orc icon?
Haven't tested Naga and Draenei will test soon.

Last edited:
Level 15
I vote for Broken and lost ones(that facless void in dota?).He cant make arrakoa cuz only 3 models of arrakoa we have.FOr altar of doom tell general frank not ghost cuz thats genreals model.
And ghost pls make just fel orcs delete this fucking ogres(i gived 2 u link with imba models)

@JargalHurts: This is just an altered melee map! I didn't even think of doing five races in the beginning, let alone adding another dozen! I would unique-ify the spells more, its just I don't want to use too much effects, imports and triggers. I've said before, Blood Elves and Fel Orcs are the same as their respective races. The most you can do is model and spelling replace, unless you want me to add a "Burning Fury Lord of Dragoon" hero with a Tauren model and chicken attachments on his hands and totally irrelevant spells to do with summoning falling cheese from the sky, I can't modify the heroes much. Even Blizzard does it, footman=swordsman,archer=high elf archer, all orcs=fel orc equivalents. People have already mentioned the Spawning Pit size, and if you read earlier posts, it has a reason. Also, I already know of the Huntress and Glaive Thrower upgrades. The legion is still a beta race and is not completely finished, just playable and their Altar model was not made by me (General Frank made it). The triggers aren't that good, you may edit them if you want. However, I'll recolour the berserker icons, change Ogre Lodge, and get rid of Taverns. Thx anyways, +rep.
Mogul, what's your problem with Ogres? I know they're stupid, ugly, ugly, stupid and ugly, but they are allies of the Fel Orcs in this alternate universe. You should watch Shrek.

Level 4
I think the best 6th race (if there was to be one) is the ethereal as they match outland best and make sense to be there.

@Mogul: Ogres are a classic race for orcs and are commonly used. also ogres are awsome big guys that can rip people apart.

Level 6
MogulKahn, Hating ogres doesn't mean u can demand and remove them from this map.
Besides they look much better than how they looked like in WC2. But WC1 Ogres were much better.
And i just tested Draenei and Naga
Naga:
Aquaforge's Barrage Cannon ability doesn't have the demanding research.
Even though the Temple of Tides makes blight, Naga buildings can be built anywhere and doesn't make blight.
Moonstone is useless for Naga but not Draenei
Draenei:
A better Nether Dragon Description please
Typo on the Seers Power and Wisdom research.
You should add some Broken Draenei units like produced from a building called Hut of the Broken. They're my second favorite race
Give the Laborers some special ability.
Legion:
Some Void Walkers harvest lumber like peasants while others harvest like Wisps.

Last edited:
Hey people, I'm finally back! Mogul, technically this map has no orcs in it. The race here is FEL Orcs, and ogres are the only suitably Tauren replacements.
Jargalhurts, thanks for notifying me of even more bugs. I swear something is wrong with the World Editor, the map just gets bugged now and then for no reason, I mean would I add the barrage ability to a lumber building? The Naga are supposed to not use blight. Have you ever seen Naga buildings on blight? Replaced moonstone with healing salve. Nether Dragon description was based of Chimeara description (dah). I thought wisdom had z. I checked the dictionary and you're right. The Broken were added a long time ago, but I decided normal Draenei look cooler. Fixed Void Warper bug.