I'm fine with using the orb of corruption stats but i dont see it connected to any ability. What kind of simple trigger?As long as you are okay with it being an Orb effect, use Orb of Corruption's item ability. It might not show on the command card so you'll have to get around that with a dummy ability to show a tooltip and some simple triggers. If an orb ability is unacceptable to you, then you'll have to make another simple trigger using something like Damage Engine 126.96.36.199 and a dummy-casted Acid Bomb with 5 levels.
Having a % chance to reduce 5 armor would be good too if its not complicated to add. I found the corruption ability.You you intend for it to be a chance to reduce 5 armor or it always to reduce 5 armor on every hit?
The OoC item should have an ability associated with it. That’s what controls the bonus damage and armor reduction.
Corruption can't have a chance associated with it, it always fires. Corruption can't stack, it only refreshes the duration of the debuff. Corruption (because it's an orb effect) also will not apply when the unit auto-acquires a target instead of being told to attack or attack move to a location (only works on directly ordered attacks).
If you want a % chance, stacking, or it to always work on every attack no matter what then you'll have to turn to DamageEngine like I linked. And then dummy cast an Acid Bomb on the target whose armor should be reduced. If stacking should be involved you'll need some logic to check the buff level on the target and cast the appropriate level of the armor debuff.
Hi, i tried your triggers but i cant find some variables so they're missing. Please take a look at my map. I placed the 2 triggers inside the folders Damage Engine > Events.
- Game - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
- Set ArmorReduceChance = -1.00 //this is so the condition in the other trigger fails when the level is 0
- Set ArmorReduceChance = 0.08
- Set ArmorReduceChance = 0.12
- Set ArmorReduceChance = 0.14
- Set ArmorReduceChance = 0.19
- Set ArmorReduceChance = 0.25 //or whatever numbers, this is the activation chance
- Game - DamageEvent becomes Less than 0.00 //runs on all attacks but not coded attacks
- (Random number between 0.00 and 1.00) Less than or equal to ArmorReduceChance[(Level of YOUR_PASSIVE for DamageEventSource)]
- Set TempPoint = (Position of DamageEventTarget)
- Unit - Create 1 DUMMY_UNIT_TYPE for (Owner of DamageEventSource) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
- Unit - Add ACID_BOMB_ABILITY to (Last created unit)
- Unit - Set level of ACID_BOMB_ABILITY for (Last created unit) to (Level of YOUR_PASSIVE for DamageEventSource)
- Unit - Add a 3.00 second generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
- Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb) DamageEventTarget
- Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint) //change this to match the name of your point variable, but keep the udg_ prefix