• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Base Defense v1.04 Beta

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Base Defense is an old project of mine which crashed on patch 1.24 (<-- I think that was the one, which changed so much in mapediting.). Some day ago I managed to make it playable again.

Before I give a short description about the map I will explain why I called it "Beta" and why I uploaded the map again.

Reason for Beta: I think a few years ago this map would have been approved, but it definitely doesn't meet the current standards of hiveworkshop.

Reason for reupload in the map section: Quite simple, because I don't develop it any more and quit playing Warcraft 3 (Btw.: The map should be bugfree). The map is completely unprotected and can be opened with the map editor. So if by any chance someone likes such a gameplay and wants to use it as a resource you are free to do anything you want. Maybe be so nice to give me credit, but I don't really care. Still if you just want to play it you can. It is fully playable. (But I am sorry, I don't have the changelogs any more.)

Short Description:

Base Defense is an AoS style map which is intended to be played alone or together against the incoming undead units. Defend against them with your allies and crush the undead forces.

As you see from this short description, there isn't much behind this map, but I think it still has some potential.

Some last words: I don't care if this gets approved, I don't care about any ratings, I don't care if I get minus rep for this and if someone still asks why I uploaded this map: Read the text above! And please don't delete it, maybe it can be used by others.

(Comments are not necessary but if there are some, I will read them.)

Keywords:
Base, Defense, Base Defense, Survival, AoS
Contents

Base Defense v1.04 Beta (Map)

Reviews
21:46, 13th Mar 2011 ap0calypse
Level 28
It was patch 1.24 indeed...

Either way, with the new moderation system, this is all I have to say:
  • The terrain is not good (very flat, monotone).
  • There are dead icons (missing DISBTN's).
  • The triggers contain leaks and are inefficient.
=> Rejected (until updated)

I've read your description and the only thing I can say is that it's a pity.
I can't help it either...