• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Balancing Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
You can post your suggestions in terms of balancing here.

Please be sure to only report Balancing issues, if your oppinion is funded on arguments. Do not report something like "I think my class is to weak". Comments like this will be ignored.

Also, please do not compare apples with pears, just because both are green sometimes.

Level 9
yep its possible but some fights need freaking long. I can see from beginning that i will win, but it need long. To long , it gets boring and cause i cant save via savecode there is no point to conitnue.
O and here is a idea: When there is only 1 player, let him pick 3 heros. its hard to play 3 heros correctly, but balance would be ok then:grin:

Level 2
I solod some chars 2 lvl 20 and the longest fights lasted 3 pots. wich aint really long. And its the price u pay for playing solo. Best 2 make some friends and orginize times 2 play together.

Level 2
Ballancing

Hey gents, first off, love the map, personally think its the best war3 orpg out.

Just a couple thoughts on class skills.

Thief: His rage ability is useless against bosses, and its not very often that your against multiple targets with his sleep and mage ice block, so maybe a change to it.

Ranger: Only class that can not get a purple for every current slot. (accessory) Obviously in next update not an issue but thought i would mention it.

Cleric: Able to make his lol, crap can not remember the skill name, attack speed buff to increase spell casting?

Thats about it, again Cudos guys, excellent map.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Please consider ...
Please be sure to only report Balancing issues, if your oppinion is funded on arguments. Do not report something like "I think my class is to weak". Comments like this will be ignored.
... before posting.
There's nothing more I can say about the suggestions here until now.

Level 10
I wouldn't know if this is a balance or whatever, just an idea that occurred to me. The confidence 100 HP consistently is pretty OP, maybe it can become a rage skill where like every 10 seconds or so it drains 1 rage point when activated and set it so the # of rage points = bonus HP on confidence. For example if you have 100 rage points everyone would get an additional +100 HP then after 10 seconds or something( or 5 seconds or w/e you want to set it as) they would go down to +99HP. This would still allow clerics to use the other AOE rage skill on top of the Confidence, and a toss up would be losing HP on your confidence aura (though once you start healing again the + HP starts going up again since you are obtaining rage) for a full party heal. This makes Rage more useful for cleric classes and nerfs confidence at the same time, also adding another element of challenge into the game whether or not the cleric wants to save rage to keep HP buff or use it to heal party.

and since Rage would be constantly draining it would also nerf the AOE heal so it would not always be a full HP heal to the entire party balancing that skill as well making the game much harder during dungeons.

Last edited:
Level 1
Originally Posted by Zwiebelchen
No offense, but I heard by a lot of players, that they solo'ed until level 20, so I think soloing is perfectly possible and balanced.
Actually, it is possible to solo until 22nd level. Easily.
The previous december version was much more interesting to solo, i think the february version is too easy for soloing trash mobs. Even keepin eyes wide shut. However the bosses became harder to solo. But there are at least 4 bosses, whom you can trick a little. I do not think that those are bugs. Just tricks. For example there's an easy way to kill wolf boss. I did it with cleric at 6 lvl, w\o potions, w\o great items.
I like soloing, and i'm wondering if it is possible to solo the whole 04.02.10 version. Atm i didn't manage to kill the last boss in first dungeon, and any monster in the seckond one. But i think it is possible. And i'm gonna prove it to myself.
I have cleric lvl 24 atm. Just solo.
Ty for nice orpg.

Last edited:
Level 10
I was reading the update for new version and I saw that you guys have made crafted items bound to character. I think that is a great idea, but I have another suggestion as well. I think you should make ALL items bought by someone bound to that character, that way you can't buy gear for someone and have them pick it up so they may sell the gear for money. This could easily be exploited even if you do not have a lot of of gold or if the items themselves don't even sell for much. As of now all you have to do is buy everything you can, have the other person pick up the items and sell them, then repick and reload your character and do it again. You can easily make a lot of gold rather quickly doing this, however, binding gear bought by a player to that player would eliminate this exploit for those who really wish to attempt it.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I was reading the update for new version and I saw that you guys have made crafted items bound to character. I think that is a great idea, but I have another suggestion as well. I think you should make ALL items bought by someone bound to that character, that way you can't buy gear for someone and have them pick it up so they may sell the gear for money. This could easily be exploited even if you do not have a lot of of gold or if the items themselves don't even sell for much. As of now all you have to do is buy everything you can, have the other person pick up the items and sell them, then repick and reload your character and do it again. You can easily make a lot of gold rather quickly doing this, however, binding gear bought by a player to that player would eliminate this exploit for those who really wish to attempt it.
Thanks for reporting this. I never thought of that possibility.

Level 2
You can earn gold faster if you kill creeps instead of constantly loading and saving (which includes to host new games)... I think there are more important changes to be made ^^

Level 3

Jackass!

Level 10
The Necromancers skeletons are far too weak compared to the damage dealt by the other class evolve. 100 HP skeleton with like 10 damage is nothing, even if there is two of them, and I think The bard may need a new skill or something since +strength is not beneficial to everyone and the + strength they can offer is actually hurting the team compared to how much DPS the assassin can bring over how much the strength can actually help, also the bard buff can not be casted on himself.

Level 2
Thanks for reporting this. I never thought of that possibility.

I suggest you leave it so you can buy regular items since my group always buys potions for each other and/or portal scrolls. It just saves time and honestly, you can farm gold from Ogres faster then you can buy/sell gold items.

Level 1
During the zombie waves allied and enemy hp bars cluster up, making it very difficult for healers to see what's going on. My group has suggested a decrease in the size of enemy hp bars or the removal of them all together (not including bosses).

Level 5
There is something annoying about the bard...Having recently made one, I just think the power is a little weak. Unless you can calm my concern.

Increases strength by 0.3 a level on target for 90 seconds at level 30 i believe that is 9 strength?...is the armor penetration that much of a increase?

Level 1
I really like the new pvp system but the thief isn't balanced. He can make his own always invisible. Plz make a cooldown in or whatever. The cooldown should start after we can see him again. I think it musn't be very high, but it's not fair when he always is invisible and can kill like no other.

Level 2
The damage fireball deals and the aoe splash could be a little bigger, As it is now i never even use fireball anymore since it deals low damage and its not even worth using it for splash damage since its very hard to hit more then one enemy if they dont stand right next to each other.

In conclusion

Increase the Fireball damage (not by much, just a little)
Increase splash radius.

You could make it an Aoe aimable and the damage is strongest in the middle and gets weaker the further out the enemies stand.

Level 3
the rules:
haste = (agi / [base agi] - 1) * 25%
cri% = 5 + (agi / [base agi] - 1) * 10
ev% = 5 + (agi / [base agi] - 1) * 5

As this rules.
The Class who has Hi-Agi could get low increase from assigning Agi only and Low-Agi classes get higher.
It's very strange that the Low-Agi class get higher Cri% ev% and haste than Hi-Agi class.
It means Hi-Agi becomes a disadvantaged.

Level 3
the rules:

As this rules.
The Class who has Hi-Agi could get low increase from assigning Agi only and Low-Agi classes get higher.
It's very strange that the Low-Agi class get higher Cri% ev% and haste than Hi-Agi class.

By the way, It seems missing the "+" in the game.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
the rules:

As this rules.
This was the intention behind it. A high AGI-class can stack up more AGI through gear easier than a high INT or STR class. The new formulaes encourage players to put some points into secondary stats to get a higher per-point benefit than classes that stack this stat to get +damage anyway.
It also helps a lot balancing the hybrid classes stat progression, as hybrid classes mostly have an evenly spread stat base, which means they take less points to achieve the same as a true-class.

An AGI class gets considerably more out of every point of AGI than an INT or STR class, as AGI classes also get 1 AP per point of AGI, whereas other classes don't.
Also, the base stat differences are not *that* huge. Assassins/Hunters will still have higher crit% or evasion% modifiers than non-AGI-classes.

The new system allows to dive deeper into the theorycrafting and will hopefully lead to some interesting new builds. It's only implemented for two days now and I already saw some INT/AGI/WIS/CON sorcerers instead of the typical INT/CON mono-builds. And I appreciate that as that was the thing I was aiming for.

Level 10
The bards new instrument that gives +4 armor aura can actually not be worn by bards, but rather zerkers. I guess the item itself is classified as a trophy

edit: crusaders can use it too

Last edited:
Level 3
This was the intention behind it. A high AGI-class can stack up more AGI through gear easier than a high INT or STR class. The new formulaes encourage players to put some points into secondary stats to get a higher per-point benefit than classes that stack this stat to get +damage anyway.
It also helps a lot balancing the hybrid classes stat progression, as hybrid classes mostly have an evenly spread stat base, which means they take less points to achieve the same as a true-class.

An AGI class gets considerably more out of every point of AGI than an INT or STR class, as AGI classes also get 1 AP per point of AGI, whereas other classes don't.
Also, the base stat differences are not *that* huge. Assassins/Hunters will still have higher crit% or evasion% modifiers than non-AGI-classes.

The new system allows to dive deeper into the theorycrafting and will hopefully lead to some interesting new builds. It's only implemented for two days now and I already saw some INT/AGI/WIS/CON sorcerers instead of the typical INT/CON mono-builds. And I appreciate that as that was the thing I was aiming for.

Thanks alot indeed for such a detailed point.
It seems Monk and Druid was increased most in this change.
It seems more balance than before in this sense.

I still had some point to complain.

1,the new equip "Insignia of the Siant" is not suit monk indeed.
7% haste is worthless to the monk basing on about 40% haste affects "Heal" and "Soul Strike" only.

2,Druid could stack up about 89% haste by Hi-agi,talent and "Feline Reflexes". It made Druid Crazy. Remedy create full effect almost at once. I enjoy do that but still think it would be questionable such as res.

3,The new skill "Emergency" is much worthless than others. "SP * 3" to Crusader means heal about 120-150 HP only. It's too little to save the Crusader from intensive fight.
I think perhaps "SP * 5" would better because of Crusader's low SP.

4,Infact I also feel the CD of "Guardian Angel" is too long indeed.

Thanks again to read those. Hope I was a helper to this game instead of a trouble maker.
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
1,the new equip "Insignia of the Siant" is not suit monk indeed.
7% haste is worthless to the monk basing on about 40% haste affects "Heal" and "Soul Strike" only.
It's more haste all other classes get. And Soul Strike is awesome for pulling or snapping aggro when someone outaggroed you.

2,Druid could stack up about 89% haste by Hi-agi,talent and "Feline Reflexes". It made Druid Crazy. Remedy create full effect almost at once. I enjoy do that but still think it would be questionable such as res.
Only with Feline reflexes, which adds a whopping 50%. Without, you are down to 39% which is reasonable, considering the amount of AGI you'd need to get there (and crippling your heals).

3,The new skill "Emergency" is much worthless than others. "SP * 3" to Crusader means heal about 120-150 HP only. It's too little to save the Crusader from intensive fight.
I think perhaps "SP * 5" would better because of Crusader's low SP.
INT-Crusaders usually have a good amount of SP. But I'll consider buffing it.

4,Infact I also feel the CD of "Guardian Angel" is too long indeed.
It's a highly situational spell and the synergy with other spells is incredible, hence why I think the CD is okay.

Level 3
It's more haste all other classes get. And Soul Strike is awesome for pulling or snapping aggro when someone outaggroed you.
I agree with you that Soul Strike is a powerful skill.
But I don't think "Insignia of the Saint" as a situational equipment was welcome to most players.
"Small Vault" is better usually. I can't found "Insignia of the Saint" is better obviously than "Small Vault" in any case.
3 agi in Small Vault offered my Monk (Lv35 base agi = 20) 4 haste.
I don't think anybody would spend 3ap(by agi),4arp and more than 10%aspd to exchange 3 haste more just for "heal" and "Soul Strick".
Perhaps some SP or INT is much better.

Only with Feline reflexes, which adds a whopping 50%. Without, you are down to 39% which is reasonable, considering the amount of AGI you'd need to get there (and crippling your heals).

Glad to hear that.
I enjoyed instant summoning by this way.

INT-Crusaders usually have a good amount of SP. But I'll consider buffing it.

INT-Crusaders is less than 60 SP. It's means healing about 180HP.
Perhaps amount to less than 2Hits or 1/2skill by BOSS only.
Hope would change to SP * 5, thanks.

It's a highly situational spell and the synergy with other spells is incredible, hence why I think the CD is okay.
I understand that some skills such as "Meteor","Multishot" is very well synergy to "Angel". But I still so sorry that couldn't use it frequently. I think it won't be OverPower Skill if short its CD. And it's necessary. I also think add an effect to move 30% existing threat to Crusader is a not bad change as a highly situational spell.

Not alone, but with a good prototype. The new skill "Stone Skin" is hard to save Monk by 50% dam reduce when danger comes. 5s dur and 60s CD(although could thort to 30s by talent) destined it can't be used as common skills.
I hope would buff its effect to atleast 80% if as an highly situational spell.
Add to 10s dur or short to 30s CD if as an common skill.
Comparing with "Plane Shift" (3s invincible and clean threat), "Stone Skin" is a joke now.

Please give full consideration. Thanks!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I agree with you that Soul Strike is a powerful skill.
But I don't think "Insignia of the Saint" as a situational equipment was welcome to most players.
"Small Vault" is better usually. I can't found "Insignia of the Saint" is better obviously than "Small Vault" in any case.
3 agi in Small Vault offered my Monk (Lv35 base agi = 20) 4 haste.
I don't think anybody would spend 3ap(by agi),4arp and more than 10%aspd to exchange 3 haste more just for "heal" and "Soul Strick".
Perhaps some SP or INT is much better.
Small Vault is D3 drop, Insignia is Pre-D3 drop.

INT-Crusaders is less than 60 SP. It's means healing about 180HP.
Perhaps amount to less than 2Hits or 1/2skill by BOSS only.
Hope would change to SP * 5, thanks.
Agreed.

I understand that some skills such as "Meteor","Multishot" is very well synergy to "Angel". But I still so sorry that couldn't use it frequently. I think it won't be OverPower Skill if short its CD. And it's necessary. I also think add an effect to move 30% existing threat to Crusader is a not bad change as a highly situational spell.
I think it's very useful the way it is. Considering the power this thing offers in boss battles in synergy with certain skills (remember that it's not just only about increasing your threat, but also reducing threat generation through damage of the target unit).
Lowering the cooldown would completely destroy threat management in party play. It's meant as a lifesaver spell in case someone overaggroes, hence the name.

Not alone, but with a good prototype. The new skill "Stone Skin" is hard to save Monk by 50% dam reduce when danger comes. 5s dur and 60s CD(although could thort to 30s by talent) destined it can't be used as common skills.
I hope would buff its effect to atleast 80% if as an highly situational spell.
Add to 10s dur or short to 30s CD if as an common skill.
Comparing with "Plane Shift" (3s invincible and clean threat), "Stone Skin" is a joke now.

Stone skin is also a lifesaver spell, that's why a longer cooldown is needed. The duration of 5 seconds is huge compared to its cooldown. 5 seconds is more than enough to make the spell worthwhile and make the healer save your butt in a life-or-death situation. Comparing Stone skin to plane shift is apples and oranges.

Level 3
Small Vault is D3 drop, Insignia is Pre-D3 drop.

I catch your mean. Thanks.

I think it's very useful the way it is. Considering the power this thing offers in boss battles in synergy with certain skills (remember that it's not just only about increasing your threat, but also reducing threat generation through damage of the target unit).
Lowering the cooldown would completely destroy threat management in party play. It's meant as a lifesaver spell in case someone overaggroes, hence the name..

I'm afraid I can't agree with you.
I don't think "Angel" could use as an lifesaver spell indeed.
If a DPSer has overed threat, he must to stop creating damage and avoid some damage from enemy.
In most situations, "Angel" couldn't save anybody indeed because of it having no idea to existing threat.
There are some players complaining about "Angel's CD" too.
I'm sure most players would get the same feeling.
"Angel" is a worthless spell for its huge long CD.

Stone skin is also a lifesaver spell, that's why a longer cooldown is needed. The duration of 5 seconds is huge compared to its cooldown. 5 seconds is more than enough to make the spell worthwhile and make the healer save your butt in a life-or-death situation. Comparing Stone skin to plane shift is apples and oranges.

The same to "Stone Skin".
When you are deep in dangerous also be in low HP usually.
50% dam reduce means double your existing HP now.
I really think it could not save you indeed.
As a lifesaver spell 50% dam reduce effect is too weak to save you indeed. Specially to such a long CD.
I also remember there is a talent for Crusader is:
"When the hitpoints of the Crusader are below 25% of the current maximum,all damage taken is reduced by 50% [applied after armor and resistance rules]."
It also a lifesaver effect, as a passive. Affects all the time and at least added amount to 25% HPs.
But "Stone Skin" isn't. It must be used in correct time, only last 5s, cost 12mana every time and still for waitting 30s CD basing on a telent. But you also couldn't assure it could help you saving amount to atleast 25% HP.
I really disagree this skill now. I hope it should being better.
I think most Gaia's fans would glad to see this change too.

Level 3
I'm afraid I don't think "Angel" and "Stone Skin" is a lifesaver spell in its true sense.
Because of it isn't powerful enough to save you or your partner from dangerous indeed.
It really can't although we hopes it could.
I hope it would be "can" as we wished in nearly future.

Level 3
In most time, I used "Angel" just as an threat regulation spell.
But it affected so less because of its long CD.

And "Stone Skin" I'm afraid I really can't find its worth to occupy a spell place.

Level 6
Just if u didnt saw also todez the sorceress merc stoped casting her lighting burst as well and yea also to remind u water elemental is broken

As for emergency of cru i feel it could be a bit buffed i still feel hybrid str and int cru still best, and u think u could increase gauntles of endurance int to 4 instead of 3?

Level 3
Just if u didnt saw also todez the sorceress merc stoped casting her lighting burst as well and yea also to remind u water elemental is broken

As for emergency of cru i feel it could be a bit buffed i still feel hybrid str and int cru still best, and u think u could increase gauntles of endurance int to 4 instead of 3?

yeah, perhaps it means some connection there.

For the Gauntles, I think it's powerful enough because of its 7ar.
Even comparing with "Arcane Seal" - the most high SP Accessory in D3, It's only 1int and 4sp's gap.
As an pre-D3 equip I think it's really excellent.
I equip it instead of Arcane Seal now.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I'm afraid I can't agree with you.
I don't think "Angel" could use as an lifesaver spell indeed.
If a DPSer has overed threat, he must to stop creating damage and avoid some damage from enemy.
In most situations, "Angel" couldn't save anybody indeed because of it having no idea to existing threat.
There are some players complaining about "Angel's CD" too.
I'm sure most players would get the same feeling.
"Angel" is a worthless spell for its huge long CD.
Angel allows the target to go full DPS for the duration and not only create no threat, but also increasing the threat for the maintank by that amount. This increases the threat gap between the aggroing person and the crusader by a huge amount and is very useful in a situation where the Crusader is struggling to build up enough aggro.
Also, it allows the sorcerer or Berserker to just pump out that burst damage in the very first seconds of a boss without any danger, making it considerably more easy for the crusader to keep the boss under control.
It can also be used tactically during the fight, to apply huge AoE threat to the crusader if needed by combining it with AoE abilities of other classes.
This spell is not meant to be used in every single situation or AoE, because that would be ridicolously overpowered.
The long cooldown is justified. I'm perfectly sure a lot of people will sacrifice a spell slot for Angel despite its cooldown.

The same to "Stone Skin".
When you are deep in dangerous also be in low HP usually.
50% dam reduce means double your existing HP now.
Which is huge, considering that damage mitigation is basicly the same as being healed.
I really think it could not save you indeed.
As a lifesaver spell 50% dam reduce effect is too weak to save you indeed. Specially to such a long CD.
60 seconds is not a long CD. Most boss special cooldown abilities have like 30 or 40 seconds cooldown. Having Stone skin ready for action every time a boss uses its special attack would be ridicolous.

I also remember there is a talent for Crusader is:
"When the hitpoints of the Crusader are below 25% of the current maximum,all damage taken is reduced by 50% [applied after armor and resistance rules]."
It also a lifesaver effect, as a passive. Affects all the time and at least added amount to 25% HPs.
But "Stone Skin" isn't. It must be used in correct time, only last 5s, cost 12mana every time and still for waitting 30s CD basing on a telent. But you also couldn't assure it could help you saving amount to atleast 25% HP.
I really disagree this skill now. I hope it should being better.
I think most Gaia's fans would glad to see this change too.
Apples and oranges again. 'Stone Skin' can be controlled, the Crusader talent can not. You can trigger 'Stone Skin' in expectation of high damage, even when at full health if you know the next moments will be rough. Also, the crusader talent is practically useless if you do not have the HP pool to back it up, as attacks that deal high damage with one single strike might end up not being affected at all. Also, when your HP is above 25%, it does absolutely nothing. Also, you can't compare a top-tier talent to an ability. Abilities do not limit you in talent speccing and are always accessable, no matter which talents you have chosen. Talents are only accessable if you select that specific tree, which takes that customization opportunity away.

All in all, the tactical possibilities of 'Stone Skin' compared to the Crusader Talent are huge, as you can trigger it whenever you want. Your healer is busy or too far away to heal? Just Stone-Skin until everything is back under control! Can't evade the next AoE attack? Put up stone-skin and hope your HP will do the job. Pulling an entire group of units at once, all ready to burst out that magic Missile? Stone-skin and rush in! Healer close to get aggro due to a lot of healing? Stone-skin to take 50% of healing threat away.
Again, the cooldown is justified.

Both Stone Skin and Guardian Angel are spells you do not have to take, but are nice to have. If you can control all of the encounters just fine without, you won't need them. However, if you keep wiping on the boss ahead, it might make all the difference.

Level 3
Angel allows the target to go full DPS for the duration and not only create no threat, but also increasing the threat for the maintank by that amount. This increases the threat gap between the aggroing person and the crusader by a huge amount and is very useful in a situation where the Crusader is struggling to build up enough aggro.
Also, it allows the sorcerer or Berserker to just pump out that burst damage in the very first seconds of a boss without any danger, making it considerably more easy for the crusader to keep the boss under control.
It can also be used tactically during the fight, to apply huge AoE threat to the crusader if needed by combining it with AoE abilities of other classes.
This spell is not meant to be used in every single situation or AoE, because that would be ridicolously overpowered.
The long cooldown is justified. I'm perfectly sure a lot of people will sacrifice a spell slot for Angel despite its cooldown.

Which is huge, considering that damage mitigation is basicly the same as being healed.

60 seconds is not a long CD. Most boss special cooldown abilities have like 30 or 40 seconds cooldown. Having Stone skin ready for action every time a boss uses its special attack would be ridicolous.

Apples and oranges again. 'Stone Skin' can be controlled, the Crusader talent can not. You can trigger 'Stone Skin' in expectation of high damage, even when at full health if you know the next moments will be rough. Also, the crusader talent is practically useless if you do not have the HP pool to back it up, as attacks that deal high damage with one single strike might end up not being affected at all. Also, when your HP is above 25%, it does absolutely nothing. Also, you can't compare a top-tier talent to an ability. Abilities do not limit you in talent speccing and are always accessable, no matter which talents you have chosen. Talents are only accessable if you select that specific tree, which takes that customization opportunity away.

All in all, the tactical possibilities of 'Stone Skin' compared to the Crusader Talent are huge, as you can trigger it whenever you want. Your healer is busy or too far away to heal? Just Stone-Skin until everything is back under control! Can't evade the next AoE attack? Put up stone-skin and hope your HP will do the job. Pulling an entire group of units at once, all ready to burst out that magic Missile? Stone-skin and rush in! Healer close to get aggro due to a lot of healing? Stone-skin to take 50% of healing threat away.
Again, the cooldown is justified.

Both Stone Skin and Guardian Angel are spells you do not have to take, but are nice to have. If you can control all of the encounters just fine without, you won't need them. However, if you keep wiping on the boss ahead, it might make all the difference.

Thank you for particular reply.
I would try to understand your purpose.
Perhaps I would found its value more.

Realy thanks for your patience again -.-
:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.