• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

B2M Models:Terrain: The New Begining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I was looking at my terrains when i noticed my rpg terrain and i thought why am i not useing High Res no more . so i deicided to make a terrain reading the tutorials i made one its about a man making a journy to somwere starting a new begining . so it that case i put it on dawn because a dawn is a new begining.I wanted to know if i was better with high res stuff.plz comment add tips and suggestion.Oh yea have to say THANK YOU B2M FOR THE AMAZING MODELS.

if you want to check out http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/rpg-terrain2-194442/

Credits..
B2M models - models
~VOID~ - sun tutorial
HIVE- to post this

Hope you enjoy.
199152-albums5143-picture52259.png

-----UPDATE------25/10/11
comment= Maker
Cange
-more bumps in hills/mountians
-moved some weird positioned trees
-----------------------------------

199152-albums5143-picture52320.png

Last edited:
Level 17
the major thing bugging me is the fact that sky/fog dont match at all, especially if its supposed to be a dawn.
the rocks/grass could use some more variation IMO. (size, coloring)
and personaly I dislike the absence of shadows whatsoever.

and yeah seams on the couple of the rock tiles are visible quite badly.

Level 9
Ok i tryed it daleron just makes the sky purple but the daleron light is quite nice when i find perfect sky i will update .as you can see a very active post :D

--------------------------
-----UPDATE------25/10/11
comment= Maker
Cange
-more bumps in hills/mountians
-moved some weird positioned trees
-----------------------------------

here is the pic

199152-albums5143-picture52259.png

Level 35
If the intention is to make a dawn or dusk, I would really go for a much more orange/red colour of that glow and light, if I were you. Also, as pointed out, you seem to be doing the mistake of making the fog seem to compliment the sun, whereas when you do that you find a fog that doesn't complement the skies, and make the terrain look extremely unrealistic as the skies and fog contrast one another, I'd suggest you set the colour of the fog to something more similar to the skies, and use the "Glow" doodads on low colour values to make the propper glow effect at the spots you seek to be wanting that.

I'd also suggest you expand the background, make one or two layers of mountains, preferably two. You should have one layer first, nearly covered in fog, and then another layer of higher mountains which are completely covered in fog, to give the terrain a deep and unending feel, as of right now your terrain portray the ever-so spoken of "end of the world," which basically means that your terrain seem to have this feeling of that there is nothing beyond the horizon but black void and nothingness, you'd want to creatue the illusion that your terrain is cut out from a real place, hence you must make the backdrop seem to be infinite, in the sense of things I spoke of eariler (fog and sky wise.)

I'd also like to see more small trees surrounding the trunks of the trees you already have there, to create a more foresty feeling. I'd also suggest you add some sort of larger bushery around and about the terrain, like bushes or similar natural brush, and please, remove those units, wait till you have some more experience with terraining before you start implementing units, its always hard to make them look fitting and good with the terrains, ESPECIALLY the normal wc3 ones mixed with the highres doodads.

This, however, is an improvement of a sort from your previous terrain, and for that I applaud you :)

Level 2
Try and seperate the grass from the flowers as it doesn't really look realistic.Also it makes it look like the flowers are growing on the grass. I can see improvement and definitily the sun makes it stand out!

Level 16
Looks a lot better!
If the intention is to make a dawn or dusk do what Keiji suggested. Also try to follow the direction of light, your light source is different from the one you placed the sun glow, you could make it a lot more simple and remove the sun glow however this will result in a different scene forme the dawn or dusk one.
210613-albums5078-picture52322.jpg
[/IMG]

If you decide to make this version I suggest removing the sun because of the fact you have the particular light direction and sun rays also adding some ground shadows would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.