• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unfinished Map Tempalte (B2M packs included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Just wanted to upload here an unfinished terrain template I've started some time ago.

While browsing bored trough my folders, I've seen this old piece of junk and I thought I should share it, in case someone needs a map containing not only all models uploaded by B2M on the internet (HI-res Pack, +expansion + many other models made by other dudes) but also doodads of them.

Please note that map can only be used as a campaign map due the file-size (67 MB:ugly:).

To download the terrain follow this link.
And this a random screenshot with a view on the port (located outside the walls):
BROKEN LINK

Hope someone can find this usefull.

If you are too lazy to give credits for my work, please at least give credits to Born2Modificate and the others.

Edit: More screenshots.
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Last edited:
Level 9
that's because this map is made to be playable, not to take screenshots of it and to be "epic"
That's why the sky looks that bad too. In the game, nobody is looking at it.

Level 3
Dudespirit, get a grip and stop being so negative. No one appreciates it.

Anyway, I think this is nice for people to use who want a medevilish style map

Level 6
Huh? I sound negative? Lol, uhh okay sorry.
I was pointing out my opinion, I've seen better playables before, not like this is ABSOLUTELY EPICMAZING.

Level 35
Dudespirit, get a grip and stop being so negative. No one appreciates it.

Anyway, I think this is nice for people to use who want a medevilish style map

He is quite inclined, and allowed, to voice his oppinions, as long as he isnt throughly rude about it, which he isnt.

Anyways.. I dont really see any use to say what I think about it, seeing as you wont work on it, more of a "here, have this map" - thing.

But just for the hell of it:

If "casual" was the look you were aiming for, then you hit the target dead on, there is really nothing "wrong" with how you made everything, but it all looks... Boring, and not very exclusive. Creativity would be what I would suggest.

Level 9
You are right. Comments on this map are useless. This is indeed a "here, have this map" thing, and it would be great if the thread would be closed.

As for your your opinion regarding the look of the map:
(I repeat) This is intendet to be a playable map, with pathing textures.

This is not a terraining contest map where the terrianer has to focus just on the look of the map.

PS: the screenshots are posted because people need to see how the terrain looks before they decide weather the map is usefull, if it's "download-worthy" (70 MB).

Status
Not open for further replies.