• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stryder's Unfinished Scenic Terrains + Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be leaving these stuffs here, these are the unfinished terrains of mine from 2019 - 2020 that I never got to finish, and have no interest of finishing.

Perhaps someone (maybe you?) will finish some of these, or maybe this will give you idea how I made/make my scenic terrains and how it works in the editor. Hopefully this will encourage more people into scenic terraining (maybe).

Apocalypse
Backstory: This was suppose to be my piece after the cave terrain I made for the terrain contest, but it looks so similar to that terrain (especially the sun), and also because this looks so boring since there's literally nothing in the scene, so I decided to leave this unfinished.
WC3ScrnShot_090120_024509_01.png

Desolation (formerly known as "Uncursed")
Backstory: I accidentally deleted the most recent backup of this terrain, which is why the glows in the scene disappeared when you compare "Uncursed" to this version. I made it from magical to science fiction but still no luck of finishing this piece.
WC3ScrnShot_090120_024654_01.png

Dawnstar
Backstory: I wanted a single tree with a sunset in the background, but I feel like it's boring so I dropped this.
WC3ScrnShot_090120_024828_01.png

The Future
Backstory: This was inspired from the TV series Altered Carbon and the movie Blade Runner. DNF because I'm too lazy to put more neon lights in the scene.
WC3ScrnShot_090120_024929_01.png

The City (formerly known as "Underpass")
Backstory: This one may look finished but it's not, I was busy and wasn't able to finish this one. My lack of motivation is also preventing me from continuing this terrain. This is by far the most complete among the list of DNF Scenic Terrains I've released so far.
upload_2020-9-9_10-33-21.png

Notes:
- To view the scene in the same angle as the screenshots go to Camera and pick the very last camera in the list.
- All maps use the same terraining map.

Enjoy (and good luck - if you're interested of finishing one of these).
- I might put more in this thread whenever I make another unfinished terrain because sometimes I randomly lose my motivation finishing terrains. I'm burnt out of this hobby and this game at the moment.

Download (in my Pastebin)

Last edited:
Level 35
There's a lot of good beginnings here, a lot of potential.

This thread seems a bit "good-bye-ish", I hope you're not leaving us Stryder, you're one of a very small handful of people who still make eye-candy with the dusty old editor. I would, and maybe will, pick up one or two of these terrains if I had / when I have a proper computer to run Wc3.

If I were to venture a guess at why you lost interest in most of these, I'd guess it's a lack of vision, most of the ideas are pretty simplistic, and while I have nothing against simplicity, it does sometimes discourage one from continuing the work. I often find that my best drive when doing a new terrain is that I'm focusing on one special aspect of the terrain, trying to improve my own skills toward that aspect, but you probably knows what works best for you so I'll shut up :p

Also, I find it interesting how similiar Desolation and Dawnstar is, is there a reason for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.