• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

rpg terrain2

is it good terrain?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
RPG Showcase of terrains

I have created a brand new map (orpg)
and i am trying to make it good so pls give advice feel free to fire all the edvice u can give about my maps terrain.
---------------map_terrain_info_-----------------------
made by
me (obviously)
map name
crowning of a king 1.0 beta(name may change)
-------------------------------------------------------
--------------New images 16/09/11------------------------------
finally i have got over 10 pics and here they are there will be a little info under each one.:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:NOTE beta terrain will BE CHANGED IF NOT GOOD!:xxd:

199152-albums4687-picture51219.jpg

Its a pic just outside training camp (stage 1)
There is man man in the game he sells meat,fruit,vegi (not cooked)

199152-albums4687-picture51220.jpg

Its a pic of a war camp (stage 3)
its a campagin camp see the soldiers in some mission they will follow to war with the northen alliance (u can have guild novices or elites depending on quest type)

199152-albums4687-picture51213.jpg

Its a pic of the town market
involed in quests.

199152-albums4687-picture51208.jpg
another pic of battle camp (stage1)

battle camp (stage 1)
basic area where you start simple quest up to 3-5 steps long. a

199152-albums4687-picture51211.jpg

Streects of a town viewing the forest.

NOTICE: THERE ARE MORE PICS IN DIFFERENT LIGHT SETTING SO CHECK THEM OUT HERE.........http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/199152-albums4687.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------update 17/09/2011-------------------------------------
199152-albums4687-picture51230.jpg

199152-albums4687-picture51228.jpg

199152-albums4687-picture51229.jpg

------------------------------------------------MEGA UPDATE---------------------------------------------------
YOU CAN NOW JOIN THE TEAM CHECK IT OUT HERE ................... http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/crowning-king-orpg-rpg-203878/

----------------------------------Update 18/9/11-----------------------
199152-albums4687-picture51265.jpg

Its the view of the north kingdom (before war)

199152-albums4687-picture51264.jpg

Hope you enjoy:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

Map status 40% complete:thumbs_up:

Attachments

• terrain5.JPG
    terrain5.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 3,350
Last edited:
Level 9
RPG terrain Gallery

i have tierd to make the terrain just like gaias and it is still under 8mb. u are first person to think it is gaias terrain u deserve a biscit :):thumbs_up:
------extra i made a low quality loading screen witch i coverted wrong and now its to bright----------------:goblin_cry::goblin_cry:

---------------check out my other terrains!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/undergroud-terrain-193776/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/forest-terrain-193593/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/barren-terrain-193709/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/terrain-help-193541/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/rpg-terrain2-194442/

{EDIT}
I have created a brand new map (orpg)
and i am trying to make it good so pls give advice feel free to fire all the edvice u can give about my maps terrain.
--------------------------------------------------
there are 2 images 1st is village 2nd is cave
---------------map_terrain_info_-----------------------
made by
me (obviously)
zone
delresh (village) and felwrath's cave
map name
crowning of a king 1.0 beta(name may change)
-------------------------------------------------------
101370d1304003033-rpg-terrain-terrain5.jpg
attachment.php

---------------a loading screen tat i made for the map-------------------------------------------------------------

101413d1304092126-rpg-terrain-crowning-king-loading-screen.jpg
i messed it up :(
--------------------------------------------------------------
map waas removed because of its unusefullness---------------------------------------------

Attachments

• the crowning of a king loading screen.jpg
    the crowning of a king loading screen.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,341
  • terrain6.JPG
    terrain6.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 2,287
Last edited:
Level 9
i will just upload the map on this terrain its not finished anyway
----------------------------------------------------------------
plz do not steal-------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I fail to see how this is grand epic. I mean it looks okay, but it's virtually identical to every other RPG with B2M's high resolution models as a main eyecatcher. This would also explain why you would reckon you've seen this before.

All in all it's quite okay, but you could definitely make improvements regarding the shrubbery.

No i don't making maps anymore i'm just active on this forum. I'm old member on this forum ;]
Wow you're trustworthy. 'Join date: Feb 2011'.
Oh, and 'Zombie MapMaker'.
Don't give me the 'I roamed here for 4 years before I joined' bullshit.

Now, teh terrain.
Well, it looks awesome, mainly because of the doodads. You should add more tileset variation, could use some better grass and that cave is too 'black'. I think you could add some more flowers and mushrooms and get rid of those cattails.

Next time if anyone says he doesn't believe it's your map, just don't give a damn, if you know you made it from scratch, then why even bother proving it to just one person. :)

A little tip, don't place small rocks all over the ground, make one rock large enough and place it, it will look a lot better and more decent, maybe put some really small rocks around the big one to make it even more realistic. :)

Level 22
The models are nice. The terrain is good enough, but could be better. Here are some small things I suggest you fix:

-I think the fog doesn't fit with the blue sky. Too bright and too white.

-You should add some more doodads (in the forest especially). Mushrooms, shrub, rocks, etc.

-The flowers in the second pic are placed too randomly. They're in the middle of the stone road and on the rocks.

-The city walls in the third pic don't seem to be placed that well. It doesn't look like one long wall to me (maybe that's just the angle though). Same goes for the fences in the fourth and fifth screenshots.

-The walls and trees are pretty small compared to the other doodads and units.

-You could play a bit more with doodads. Like creating bigger doodads (small buildings, ladders, balconies, whatever) out of barrels and other small things, combining doodads, etc.

Level 15
Mgeterno's review about that terrain

This is an excellent terrain! :D:vw_unimpressed:

It is beatifully done and the models are awasome! Where did you get them? :thumbs_up: The roads are also cool and the moon (or sunlights) are nice, too.

Would you give me the link for them? Especially for the castle towers, walls and for the medieval buildings. Good work, man. :grin:

I have nothing to say, you are a skilled terrainer,:thumbs_up: and if you want and if you have time, you can be mine terrainer. Currently i have a map ( not the one in my sig, another one) , it is a strategy map, and i am too busy to make its terrain beause i need to study a lot at school. :D

Level 9
I don't want to sound to harsh, but i think this terrain needs a lot of improvment.
The mainpoint i would critizise is the "viewdistance" - it seems cut off, but i think for a playable map this couldn't be done so good (so this is ok, but keep it in mind).
Second thing is and i know i'll be critizised for saying that: You lack doodads, seriously.
For example the first pic: One could easily put some "gras on the gras" (meaning to use a grasmodel to improve the look) or cover the "mountain" with rocks (maybe blizzard ones, but there are better ones on the hive).
This could be seen in the other pics too. "The nature" is just some highres-trees around some highres-buildings and highres-fences. It looks good, but just through the highres-things.

Level 16
I don't want to sound to harsh, but i think this terrain needs a lot of improvment.
The mainpoint i would critizise is the "viewdistance" - it seems cut off, but i think for a playable map this couldn't be done so good (so this is ok, but keep it in mind).
Second thing is and i know i'll be critizised for saying that: You lack doodads, seriously.
For example the first pic: One could easily put some "gras on the gras" (meaning to use a grasmodel to improve the look) or cover the "mountain" with rocks (maybe blizzard ones, but there are better ones on the hive).
This could be seen in the other pics too. "The nature" is just some highres-trees around some highres-buildings and highres-fences. It looks good, but just through the highres-things.

What he and othere people said is spot on so i'm not going to say too much!

Your terrain is good and it does look like "Gaias" but you could definitely make improvements, like try to lower the terrain where the roads are because the terrain there is completely flat and do some more height variation on that flat terrain. Good luck with the development.:thumbs_up:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed with the above post.

It's just those high-res things... i don't even think they look that good on warcraft actually.

210613-albums5078-picture51422.jpg
You are wrong The_wand_mirror! high-res things look good even in wc3 if you know how to use them!
Go here-------------> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/asian-garden-204004/ or------------->http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/210613-albums5085-picture51432.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Nice terrain , lack of doodads.
I am sorry to hear it is dead ;(

About Gaias thingy,
Gaias is most popular and prolly first map using there doodads.
In my opinion every map using these doodads will remeber you of gaias, since there you saw them first:p

Status
Not open for further replies.