• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Auto cast spell problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I based a spell on black arrow to make an auto cast melee spell that triggers damage. The spell is in a spell book, given to a hero.

The problem is that every time the hero attacks, wether the auto cast is on or off, it applys the black arrow buff to the enemy so the spell is triggered every time the hero attacks and there's no way to turn the ability off...

Level 6
But i want the damage to be applied only when the ability is being cast or auto cast so i dont see how a damage detection would work. Basicaly, my problem is that my hero always uses the ability i gave to him, even when its not being auto casted. The ability itself doesnt have a trigger or anything so thats why im having problems. I need to fix the ability itself and i didnt modify any field that would mess it up.

Level 20
An autocast ability inside a Spellbook?... Never heard of something about that working correctly before. Anyway, It would be nice if you shared the triggers. Maybe they're messing with something.

The "best" solutión I've found for multicast issues, is having two abilities for autocast skills. One for "off"; and when the "off" is used, it's removed, and "on" is added. Off course, that would work only for autocast, not single cast.

MAYBE it has something to do with Order Id's, or Base Ability ID. Has your hero some other ability based on Black Arrow?.

Level 6
I think its the spellbook thats the problem because my hero has only this ability on him right now and all the triggers are disabled and it still wont work. Ill make it an ability that when cast gives you the buff and triggers the damage, mana cost and everyhting related.

Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.