• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto-cast non-auto-cast ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Heloes Hive Workshop
I searched for some time, but to no avail, for some way of triggering autocast of a normal spell for a unit. All I want is to make a caster unit with meele attack range be able to turn on auto-casting of an ability which has, let's say, 700 range. Normal auto-cast skill don't work properly when they have different range than the unit, so there comes one problem. Another is that I want the given spell to cause damage solely inteligence-dependant, ignoring the damage from unit's attacks.
So, actually, all I need is a trigger checking when the unit is within 700 range from an enemy and means to attack it. All my ideas failed. Any help?

Level 6
Yes, but what checks whether a unit intends to attack or not? The 'unit is attacked' when melee unit attacks works, when the attacker is just next to the target. The 'unit is issued an order...' works only after you click 'attack' and click on the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.