• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

auto cast requirement :moon wells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
hello, simple question.

what is an auto cast requirement and what are the integer values for it?

I'm trying to make moon wells replenish troops universally. like a global heal. problem is, even if I increase the cast and area of effect range... the spell will only auto cast if you are in range of 10 units.

I noticed that the moon wells have a category called

data auto cast requirement

it has the value 10 but that value is a system setting not a unit of measurement.

how do you make moon wells auto cast on a global scale?'

Level 12
Are you sure it is a system setting? Have you tried it at 1?

Just that it is 10 and needs 10 units, it sounds like it is a unit of measurement.

Other than that, I would guess you would have to trigger it.

I haven't messed around with moonwells at all, but I know the obsidian statues have AOE heals that you can autocast. It may be easier to use those if they fit your needs.

Level 19
Are you sure it is a system setting? Have you tried it at 1?

Just that it is 10 and needs 10 units, it sounds like it is a unit of measurement.

Other than that, I would guess you would have to trigger it.

I haven't messed around with moonwells at all, but I know the obsidian statues have AOE heals that you can autocast. It may be easier to use those if they fit your needs.
I tried the undead statues.... it doesn't work.

it.waits for after the battle before it starts healing. which is useless.

I've also tried.-1, 99999 ,.... and other numbers and on any number but ten it will refuse to auto cast

auto cast seems to only work on 10 if I manually order it to target a unit it works

I just don't want to use a trig because.it might slow The game down

Level 12
Weird. I'll have to look at the ability myself, I think. Won't be able to get back to you for a bit, though. I don't get to get onto the editor super often.

Level 18
i think the 10 you have there is the minimum mana the well has to have in order to autocast (basically wont autocast heal if it has less than 10 mana)
did some testing, only way i has the global autocast working is by increasing the help radius to the max value, but i guess this would be kinda bad in a map
I think you have to trigger the order

EDIT: tried again, aoe works for me, in the previous test i placed the unit too far from the moonwell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.