• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto-cast on both Allies and Enemies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey is there a spell that auto-casts on both allies and enemies? Trying to make an auto-portal that'll just throw casts around on the nearest unit, I can make it work for enemies but I want it to cast on allies as well, perhaps two separate ones? I'm thinkin one based off Curse and one based off Bloodlust, are better options out there?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
All autocast spells have certain behaviours.
Bloodlust for example will be casted when a unit attacks. It should work for allies and enemies, if you set targets allowed correctly.
Heal would target wounded units, frost armor attacked units, faerie fire engaging units,...
I don't think there is an autocast spell, that targets a nearby unit without an event.

Level 4
Hmm, heal or bloodlust should work fine for my purposes then. I want it to portal some dummy-like units that come near it, if I wound those dummy units on creation it should serve just fine.

The goal is to spawn a circle of power with "serpent ward" that teles nearby units to a random other portal, dealing 5% their max hp (triggered) if enemy. I tried with curse, and it works ok-ish on enemies but wont relocate allies. Making a boss unit that can spawn these portals then hurl death-coil like units through it, that have a small range pheonix fire that send death coils at nearby enemies. I can give em a large hp base and start em at half hp, so the players can kill those death coil bolts too.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Have you considered triggering casting the spell?
It's always an option, if the autocast does not work as you intended.
It would be more work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.