• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How can I 'detach' auto-cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For a map I am making, I want to use bloodlust as the basis of a skill. The only thing is, I don't want this character to rapidly and/or randomly stop what he's doing to cast this spell on his allies.

How can I stop Warcraft 3 from allowing me to right-click this skill and enable auto-casting?

Level 5
Well, make a dummy spell (no effects) not based on an auto-cast one and make a trigger like this one:

• Bloodlust
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bloodlust
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Bloodlust (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Bloodlust (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Bloodlust for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Hope I helped! :)

Level 3
Okay, so what you are suggesting I do is to have a skill that makes a dummy cast bloodlust?

That seems like it would work, this'll be my first dummy.

Do you guys suggest I make a new thread for individual problems or just have one thread for all of my problems?

I might need guidance on the dummy unit, I doubt it though. Thanks for that screenshot, that helps a bunch.

EDIT

Simply write a trigger that disables autocast as soon as they enable it. It is way better than the method above and should not have bugs if coded properly.

I suppose that is more efficient, would the trigger instantly disable autocast? Assuming I can't figure out how to make a trigger that disables autocast, how do I do that? I haven't tried that trigger yet, I'm doing as soon as I post this.

Last edited:
Level 19
you can try another ability for that like Unholy Frenzy with losing 0 hp per second

And dont forget to learn about dummies like they said too
You will find them usefull

Status
Not open for further replies.