• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help with auto cast life and mana heal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey I've triggered an ability using "heal" that when casted on an allied unit it restores 5 hp and 5 mana however my problem is that it will only cast on units missing hp so if a unit is a full health but has low mana the auto cast ability won't be able to target him and thus won't restore mana :/

I've tried bassing the dummy auto cast on the "moonwell" ability which woul be perfect except when I set the heal and mana values of the moonwell ability to zero (so it doesn't empty the casting units mana completely but just uses 5 mana as designated by me in the dummy moonwells mana cost) but then it can't target any one !

so basically I need some way o having and auto cast ability that will cast on nearby units that are missing either hp or mana or both

Level 19
hmm well let me give it a shot

give the the unit casting the spell the neutral aura ability of fountain of mana and healing with 0 health and mana reg

then use a trigger that orders the caster to use their spell on any unit with those auras if they are damaged or lacking mana.

will that work?

Level 9
hmm well let me give it a shot

give the the unit casting the spell the neutral aura ability of fountain of mana and healing with 0 health and mana reg

then use a trigger that orders the caster to use their spell on any unit with those auras if they are damaged or lacking mana.

will that work?
Tried it but it didn't work maybe because I triggered it wrong but also wouldn't cast then even if the auto cast ability is disabled?

Last edited:
Level 19
I thought of something else

change the ability into something else when you disable auto cast... that way you can check it in the trig and not cast if the auto cast is off.

trigger
event
unit is given an order
condition
order is equal to auto cast off
action
remove ability heal
add ability disabled heal

Status
Not open for further replies.