• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Auto Casting :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Alright, i have been trying to make this spell for like 2 months ? i posted 2 threads about it and no offense to the people who tried to help me but i didn't understand a thing O:, so now i will give a better description :3

So... basically what i want is that when a unit cast a spell, it is similar to damaging a unit using normal attacks,i am wanting a water elemental to auto casts a damage spell at a unit after it casts the first spell on the target, it will continue casting it on the unit until he is out of mana or stops or moves or the unit dies at intervals of 1 second :3

like when a unit is at low hp and the when the priest heals the unit once, the priest will continue healing until it moves or the targeted unit hp is full

Level 33
Can you list out the full conditions list as to when to stop the "auto-cast" on the same unit ?
Currently:
Caster out of Mana
Caster stops (order)
Caster moves (or the Target moves ?)
Caster dies (or the Target dies ?)
Target is full of HP (MP too if you want to heal MP)

Is there anything else where the auto-cast should stop ?
And please clarify the one in the bracket, either Caster or Target or Both.

Level 11
i want a damage spell not a healing spell O.O, so instead of target is full of hp, it should be Target dies.

List :
Caster is out of mana
Caster is dead
Target is dead
Caster moves
Target goes out of range
Caster stops

yeah i can't think of anymore :3

Level 33
What do you meant by "Caster moves" ?
Is it ordered move (by player) or the unit moves itself to catch the Target unit to be in range of the Spell Target Range ?

And what do you meant by "Caster stops" ?
Is it ordered-player Stop ?

Level 11
i meant when the player moves the unit, and yes, player stops the caster, or else how would you stop it ? it is kinda like channeling but when you channel , you wouldn't chase a unit, i want it to chase a unit when it goes out of range O:

Level 4
Hi defskull, long time no see! I'm just trying to interpret what the requester said:
- Caster Moves: i think he meant that caster is given another order
- Target out of Range: target is out of sight, but as long as it's inside caster's sight, caster will always chase target.
(well, assuming the spell's AoE is smaller than LoS, and it's just like attacking a unit; he will stop attacking when target is too far)
- Auto Casting (not Autocast): i think it's just like attacking unit, too. (Always attacking as long as it can, with damage intervals)

Status
Not open for further replies.