• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attackrange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

I got a question regarding attackrange from melee units.

All the melee units in my map have an attackrange of 100.
Now there's this bossfight where players stand on a platform surrounded by water, and tentacles come out of the water to hit people on the platform. I want melee units to be able to hit the tentacles let's say when they're ~100-200 away of them. So I want their range to increases against that type of unit. Is this possible? Or am I able to change the range of units when they enter a rect/region like that platform?

Please gimme some feedback:grin:

Level 37
I think you need to create a copy of the unit in object manager just change the attack range. Replace the unit for the boss fight. Set abilities, str/int/dex to correct values and give the hero the same items.

There's no function to change unit's attack range as far as I know.

Level 14
Exactly as doom_sheep says, give all the units a second attack type that only targets an obscure unit type such as wards and make the tentacles be classified as that unit type.

Of course, make the extra attack do the exact same damage as the standard one and you can also "Hide UI" of this extra attack type so that it looks like you only have 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.