• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Range of melee units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there any way to change the attack range of melee units?

When I changed the combat - attack range, nothing happens

When I order the unit to attack any target, it some times stand at 200 range and attacks the target.

Level 7
So you can set the attack range of a melee to 120 if it's at 100. But it will not really matter...
But you can set a melee unit to range by adding range and adding missile and changing attack type.

I made combat acquisition range to 5. Can it be responsible to cause this any problem?

Level 7
5 range is very short. You can toggle a grid in the editor by pressing G, the smallest squares are 32x32, medium are 128x128, large ones are 512x512.

I didn't want the units to get into combat automatically so put it less

Level 20
I didn't want the units to get into combat automatically so put it less

You need to use a trigger for that, since the acquisition (aggressive) range on Object Editor is the maximum range the unit can have. Ex. if the unit has 500 range while it's acquisition range is only 200, the unit's range will automatically set to 200.

Level 21
1. Melee units are any units with the attack type normal. This doesn't depend on range afaik.
2. Effective attack range is also affected by collision range, to prevent the possibility of a unit not being able to approach another unit to attack it. Furthermore, the reason that melee units have 100 attack range is that with lower ranges they have trouble with hitting moving(escaping) units.

Effective attack range:
attacker collision/2 + defender collision + attacker range
But never more than acquisition range.

Status
Not open for further replies.