• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attack Randomization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am making a map and you are able to have many archer units and this where the problem comes in.

I would like the archers to attack multiple units at once instead of having fifty archers shooting the same unit. This is a problem when there are one-hundred enemies rushing and each would die from three arrows but all fifty archers are shooting one at a time.

Could some one please tell me how to fix this. Thank You.

Level 9
Try not misquoting me and Dr. Super Good, you'll destroy us all man, and if you just want it to work, try modifying Pheonix fire and make its cooldown time to match your archers attack cooldown, I'm not really surprised barrage didn't work, its sometimes buggy in my case.

Level 7
Try not misquoting me and Dr. Super Good, you'll destroy us all man...

Sorry about that. Its fixed now.

...and if you just want it to work, try modifying Pheonix fire and make its cooldown time to match your archers attack cooldown, I'm not really surprised barrage didn't work, its sometimes buggy in my case.

I used it and it works perfectly but, yes but, I run into another problem using pheonix fire. All the units that are hit catch on fire and there is no buff listed in the buff option in the editor. Do you know how to remove this buff?

Level 12
  • Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Archer
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Target unit of issued order) Equal to (Load 1 of (Key (Target unit of issued order)) in hashtable)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
        • Else - Actions
          • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Target unit of issued order) as 0 of (Key (Triggering unit)) in hashtable
          • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Triggering unit) as 1 of (Key (Target unit of issued order)) in hashtable
  • Stop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Archer
          • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(stop))
    • Actions
      • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child (Key (Load 1 of (Key (Load 0 of (Key (Triggering unit)) in hashtable)) in hashtable)) in hashtable
      • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child (Key (Triggering unit)) in hashtable
Hey how's this? It's supposed to save the value of the attacking unit in the hashtable and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.