• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Enemy attack Priorities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Lets say i have a zombie attacking a footman and an archer. The archer is on the second floor of a castle shooting down and the footman is at the front gate.

How do i stop the zombie from walking straight to the archer and attacking him instead of the footman?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There are a number of ways...
1. Make the zombie flying so it can always reach the archer thus making attacking the footman not required.
2. Make the zombie ranged so it can kill the archer and then move onto the footman.
3. Give the footman a long range taunt.
4. Make it so that the archers are not attacking the zombies (instead a untargetable dummy is) thus meaning the archer units themselves have the agro of civilian units.
5. Use triggers to force zombies to attack footment in a certain area (gate?) before they start to go for the archers (now reachable as they have passed the gate).
6. Zombies that aquire archers are damaged 1 damage by a distant footman and the footman has raised priority so they will go off to attack him.
7. Disallow the archers from shooting the zombies at that spot.

Level 14
1.) Open your map in the World Editor.

2.) Click this button on the toolbar at the top.

10r615z.png

3.) Go to your unit, and scroll down until you find this.

20u95b4.png

4.) Change the priority for the footman to a number higher than the archer's.
For example; change the footman to 10, and the archer to 8.

Level 8
1.) Open your map in the World Editor.

2.) Click this button on the toolbar at the top.

10r615z.png

3.) Go to your unit, and scroll down until you find this.

20u95b4.png

4.) Change the priority for the footman to a number higher than the archer's.
For example; change the footman to 10, and the archer to 8.

Would that cause them to target the footmen? Or does that only work when there are computers in game controlling them?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The priority is also dictated by combat/non-combat. A unit with no attack or does not attack will usually be the last unit attacked. This is why WarCraft III does not support walls as your melee units will always try and attack the ranged attackers behind them instead of the wall blocking them because the wall cannot attack. The solution in this case is to give the walls a 1-1 damage slow attack rate attack so that they are known as attacking and thus given some priority. However you need to be careful as the units might start attacking walls over actual high damage range units.

Level 14
The priority is also dictated by combat/non-combat. A unit with no attack or does not attack will usually be the last unit attacked. This is why WarCraft III does not support walls as your melee units will always try and attack the ranged attackers behind them instead of the wall blocking them because the wall cannot attack. The solution in this case is to give the walls a 1-1 damage slow attack rate attack so that they are known as attacking and thus given some priority. However you need to be careful as the units might start attacking walls over actual high damage range units.

I think you can make the damage 0-0 as well.
This can be done by setting the base damage as -1, by holding SHIFT when changing the value, if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong).
Then you could change the attack speed to something quicker if you wanted the walls to aggro more or quicker after a unit died.

Status
Not open for further replies.