1. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Enemy attack Priorities?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Superz_Ze_Man, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Superz_Ze_Man

Superz_Ze_Man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lets say i have a zombie attacking a footman and an archer. The archer is on the second floor of a castle shooting down and the footman is at the front gate.

How do i stop the zombie from walking straight to the archer and attacking him instead of the footman?

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There are a number of ways...
    1. Make the zombie flying so it can always reach the archer thus making attacking the footman not required.
    2. Make the zombie ranged so it can kill the archer and then move onto the footman.
    3. Give the footman a long range taunt.
    4. Make it so that the archers are not attacking the zombies (instead a untargetable dummy is) thus meaning the archer units themselves have the agro of civilian units.
    5. Use triggers to force zombies to attack footment in a certain area (gate?) before they start to go for the archers (now reachable as they have passed the gate).
    6. Zombies that aquire archers are damaged 1 damage by a distant footman and the footman has raised priority so they will go off to attack him.
    7. Disallow the archers from shooting the zombies at that spot.

3. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.) Open your map in the World Editor.

2.) Click this button on the toolbar at the top.

[​IMG]

3.) Go to your unit, and scroll down until you find this.

[​IMG]

4.) Change the priority for the footman to a number higher than the archer's.
    For example; change the footman to 10, and the archer to 8.

4. Superz_Ze_Man

Superz_Ze_Man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would that cause them to target the footmen? Or does that only work when there are computers in game controlling them?

5. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Computer always controls them somewhat. Even the normal auto-attack is like that.

6. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah it should.
    From what I understand, those with a higher priority are attacked first.
    That's why buildings have a low priority when you look at them, versus units having a higher priority.

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The priority is also dictated by combat/non-combat. A unit with no attack or does not attack will usually be the last unit attacked. This is why WarCraft III does not support walls as your melee units will always try and attack the ranged attackers behind them instead of the wall blocking them because the wall cannot attack. The solution in this case is to give the walls a 1-1 damage slow attack rate attack so that they are known as attacking and thus given some priority. However you need to be careful as the units might start attacking walls over actual high damage range units.

8. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think you can make the damage 0-0 as well.
    This can be done by setting the base damage as -1, by holding SHIFT when changing the value, if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Then you could change the attack speed to something quicker if you wanted the walls to aggro more or quicker after a unit died.

9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It should still deal 1 damage though as that is the minimum damage a unit can take after armor reduction but before armor type reduction. That is unless 0 damage is a special case.

10. Faith

Faith

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I never knew that. 'o_O

You learn something knew everyday! +rep xD