• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ignore ranged attackers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Is there a way to do this? I want units to keep on moving, even if they're attacked by ranged units.

Edit: It's for a desense map. Attackers are walking through a path, and archers standing on a wall are firing at these units.

The attackers should ignore the ranged units (because they will stop moving, trying to get to the archers, blocking everything, etc), but they should still attack others if they're crossing their path. So I can't use ''move'' instead of ''atack-move''.

Last edited:
Level 37
What kind of a system is it?

Here's something really simple. Try it.

• Untitled Trigger 077
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Footman 0022 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Set p1 = (Target point of issued order)
  • Untitled Trigger 078
    • Events
      • Unit - Footman 0022 <gen> Acquires a target
    • Conditions
      • ((Targeted unit) is A ranged attacker) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Footman 0022 <gen> to Move To p1
You should make it MUI, remove the leak and use a countdown timer instead of wait.

Level 22
Well, it's for a desense map. Attackers are walking through a path, and archers standing on a wall are firing at these units.

The attackers should ignore the ranged units (because they will stop moving, trying to get to the archers, blocking everything, etc), but they should still attack others if they're crossing their path.

Level 9
I had a defense map before where I had a similar problem. Units would clog up near the cliff edges of the fortress and just sit there and be killed over and over again. To get past it I added a 0-0 damage attack to the walls I used and it worked perfectly (as well as increasing the attackers' engagement radius to about 2000 and giving them vision of the map).

Perhaps you could build off of this idea. The attackers are bots, yes? If so, a similar attempt could be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.