• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

attack and moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello to all users of hivewokshop I would like someone with knowledge to help me with attack detonators and movement in the dark soul style I want to create a map but I would like someone to pass me the detonators an example of how a boss attacks.

Sorry if I didn't explain an example well like in this dark soul video I want it to move like the character and attack the bosses like it would in a trigger.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Not sure if this map is protected or not but I believe it's a good example of what you want:

The triggers would involve Timers and/or Indexing techniques to manage the timing of attacks and abilities. A basic understanding of Points variables and the Point With Polar Offset function will be necessary when handling collision effects. Pick every unit within X range of Point -> Damage picked unit.

You would also probably want to take advantage of systems like this for certain attacks like a spear thrusting forward:

The SetUnitX/Y function is useful for making a unit move during an animation which is seen a lot in that Monter map:

Keep in mind that this is no easy task since you're venturing far away from the standard Warcraft 3 mechanics. This is probably one of if not the most difficult kinds of map you can design on Warcraft 3.

Last edited:
Level 1
Not sure if this map is protected or not but I believe it's a good example of what you want:

The triggers would involve Timers and/or Indexing techniques to manage the timing of attacks and abilities. A basic understanding of Points variables and the Point With Polar Offset function will be necessary when handling collision effects. Pick every unit within X range of Point -> Damage picked unit.

You would also probably want to take advantage of systems like this for certain attacks like a spear thrusting forward:

The SetUnitX/Y function is useful for making a unit move during an animation which is seen a lot in that Monter map:

Keep in mind that this is no easy task since you're venturing far away from the standard Warcraft 3 mechanics. This is probably one of if not the most difficult kind of map you can design on Warcraft 3.
Thanks friend, it's what I was looking for, if the mechanics are not easy to adapt to war3

Status
Not open for further replies.