• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Hiding the Attack and Move icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Is there a way to hide the command buttons for attacking and moving?
The units are still able to move and attack, but I just want those icons to be removed. Is that possible?

(I want this because I'm using a different movement and attack system so added my own custom abilities that will work for those two)

Level 19
Ah thanks.
I didn't know I could hide the attack button easily in Object Editor.
However still gotta hide the Move and Patrol buttons, and the way you linked gives a bit too much issues I'd rather not use it.

Level 30
Yes, actually I searched through internet to answer this question and help you and all says you will have issues and only way is if you can make an ability that simply imitates the Move buttons, Patrols and such. Some says its impossible.

Level 16
Actually, I think you can go with removing the 'Amov' entirely and do a trigger like this.

Event Issued order target a point/unit/object
Cond order = smart aka right click
Action
if target a point
order unit to move to it
elseif target a unit/object
order to move to widget' pos

It is just my conjecture. Hope it can help :)

Level 20
Turn the ability into a ward. That will disable all the base abilities. Of course it will be unable to move, but if you're triggering it, then doesn't matter. It will still be able to attack even with no icon.

Level 19
Alright I did some tests. Once 'Amov' is removed the unit becomes stationary like a tower. It can't be readded once removed too.

Unless you plan on using Purge's method of Movespeed X, my way can't be used. I am truly sorry.

I think I just have to make a different movement system that moves the unit in an interval while playing its movement animation. In my map, units will only move when ordered to and won't be able to follow an enemy unit anyway, so there's no smart movement at all.

EDIT: I also tried classifying units as 'wards', but this also removes the custom abilities I gave them. So this isn't an option either.:(

Level 20
I think that "Target Acquisition Range = 0" makes units not follow.
Making Roll Pitch Angle = 0 also makes units unable to move (i think they're still able to attack thou)

Level 19
I think that "Target Acquisition Range = 0" makes units not follow.
Making Roll Pitch Angle = 0 also makes units unable to move (i think they're still able to attack thou)

Yes but the units won't do this automatically anyway. It's no issue at all.
I just want the icons to remove in some way, because they are useless. No player will be able to use the move or attack command by himself. Even if he does it will be blocked by a trigger anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.