• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Is there a way to hide the "Attack Ground" button for artillery units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to hide the "attack ground" button from my units and have instead a custom ability that will essentially act as a replacement for "attack ground". The only real difference is that I am using "Channel" with "Unique Cast" checked. It's not mandatory to have, but if it is possible it would clean this unit's UI up a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Import the file I attached into your map and change it's File Name to: Units\CommandFunc.txt

If you want to hide some of the other buttons all you have to do is edit the file in Notepad.
You'll see the names of buttons like Stop followed by an x,y value. Set the x,y to 0,-11 to hide it.

Attachments

• CommandFunc.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 33
Level 8
Thanks for the response, though I should have been more clear. For this to work it needs to only affect 1 unit, as I will not be replacing every unit's attack ground with the custom ability. Would either of these solutions work for that purpose?

Level 8
You could import the file and then add a "fake" Attack Ground ability to the units that need the Button.
That's a good idea, though I don't think it's necessarily worth the effort for my case as it is completely optional anyways. I'm sure that players will understand to use the other button if it has a good tooltip.

Unless there is a definitive way of doing this, this can be considered "resolved" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.