• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is there a way to effectively detect artillery attack impact point?

Tried to look over several thread, as well as Damage Engine and Attack Indexer, but I might miss it because it kind of hard for my head to wrap on.

So, the general idea is trying to point the impact point of an artillery attack (think mortar, wagon, demolisher) at the moment of impact REGARDLESS if there are unit struck or not. I am trying to get a system that response directly to this impact moment for a particular idea I am testing. I do know Burning Oil sort of work for the direct use case in my brain, but I need something more general where I can directly utilize the impact point on impact.

In short:
Artillery fires --> artillery weapon impact ground --> trigger effect at impact point

Should be able to be utilized regardless if the impact happened due to attack or attack ground command.

Level 13
Tried to look over several thread, as well as Damage Engine and Attack Indexer, but I might miss it because it kind of hard for my head to wrap on.

So, the general idea is trying to point the impact point of an artillery attack (think mortar, wagon, demolisher) at the moment of impact REGARDLESS if there are unit struck or not. I am trying to get a system that response directly to this impact moment for a particular idea I am testing. I do know Burning Oil sort of work for the direct use case in my brain, but I need something more general where I can directly utilize the impact point on impact.

In short:
Artillery fires --> artillery weapon impact ground --> trigger effect at impact point

Should be able to be utilized regardless if the impact happened due to attack or attack ground command.
Hm, try using the meat wagon's disease cloud ability on artillery units to detect ground impacts. It creates a unit (disease cloud) at the target area upon impact that you can detect through unit enters region condition and then triggers the effects.

Check out my Sisters of Battle triggers Phosphor Grenades Cast and End for an example.

Here's the relevant thread where I used as a basis for my Phosphor Grenade.

Hope this helps!

Hm, try using the meat wagon's disease cloud ability on artillery units to detect ground impacts. It creates a unit (disease cloud) at the target area upon impact that you can detect through unit enters region condition and then triggers the effects.

Check out my Sisters of Battle triggers Phosphor Grenades Cast and End for an example.

Here's the relevant thread where I used as a basis for my Phosphor Grenade.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for this insight. I'll try to look into this option further.