• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need a cinematic Impact Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Impact event meaning a meteor impact.

To give an idea of what I am looking for:

Opening Cinematic:

Fade to Black over 0.00 seconds
Narration: Black screen:

1538 years ago in the fertile western landsThor's Hammer struck the Anvil of the World.

Fade in over 5 seconds

--> We are now looking at a bit of farmland with a dense forest in the background. A happy, bright full of life scene.

Pan camera over 0. Seconds to Meteor falling from the sky.
Camera follows the meteor down.
Create Explosion - Fade to white over .5 seconds.
wait 10 seconds - fade to black over 10 seconds.

Narration: black screen:
Thus came the three years without summer....

Fade in on a cold, barren scene, permanment corpses of livestock, a blackened farmhouse and barn, a platoon of footmen marching down the road...

Etc. etc. etc.

My issue is that I can not figure out what to use as a Meteor. I need it to be fairly slow and either make it larger, or to set the camera up to where it looks like its huge compared to the landscape.

Any ideas on what to use and how to go about it?

Level 10
Hm, I like the InfernalMeteor models (you find them under spawned effects); they are the meteors from the RoC main menu. If you want to scale it extremly, you might prefer
Abilities\Weapons\BallsOfFireMissile\BallsOfFireMissile.mdl

The camera work and the timing and movement of the meteor is of course another thing, but that can just be done by try&error... by the way, since this is a question of exact timing, I recommend taking a look on my tutorial: Exact Cinematic Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.