• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hide commands (move,attack,patrol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How can i hide these commands (move,patrol,attack,hold position) from the interface bar and prevent my unit from moving by itself? ive seen these in certain maps before pls help me.

Level 4
Im not sure about the other ones, but I know that the spell ID for attack is Aatk, so you could create a jass line that would remove it. Cant remember the funtcion name though... I think you can do this: (custom script) call UnitRemoveSpell(GetTriggerUnit(), Aatk) but im pretty sure thats wrong, and i accidentally deleted my JASSCRAFT the other day. Hoped that helped.

EDIT: Are you talking about doing it permanently, or just for a time period for like a spell or something?

Level 3
Movement Type in the Object editor, set it to none, you can also set attacks enabled to None

I tried that: changing movement type to NONE but the movement is still there for some reason. Attack is gone now. :confused:

[EDIT] permanently for a certain unit. :p

Level 3
Hmmm.. when i switch the foot to none, it is able to pass through anything when i use the unit - move instantly trigger. =/ there something else? sorry man.

Level 4
well if you dont want it to EVER move, (unless by trigger), you could just make it a building in WE, and that would eliminate all but the attack.

Level 3
well, you could always create a black icon and replace the movement icon, And the move unit instantly will always work,

hmmm.. dunno how. xD haha!

well if you dont want it to EVER move, (unless by trigger), you could just make it a building in WE, and that would eliminate all but the attack.

thats what im looking for! yeah makes sense! thanks alot! but it would suck editing all the spells able to attack structures. xD oh well! thanks man! :p

Level 4
no, im pretty sure that you could still attack it with regular spells, because I think that blizzard classifies all the buildings as mechanical, as long as you dont do that I think you should be ok.

Level 3
Under techtree, into Stats there is a Stats - Is a Building, set it to True
no, im pretty sure that you could still attack it with regular spells, because I think that blizzard classifies all the buildings as mechanical, as long as you dont do that I think you should be ok.

It doesnt work on heroes. =/ i dont think it can be a hero and a structure at the same time.

ward classification?

Hmmm.. it does work but even the hero skills disappeared. haha! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.