• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

making an artillery attack impact in air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I want a unit to fire an artillery-style attack (an aoe attack that responds to "attack-ground" orders) that hits air units only. Getting the unit's attack to only hit air units is easy. But here is the problem:

Visually, the unit's missile still arcs and hits on the ground. I want it to fly up in the air and detonate.

Is there anyway to do this? I'm stumped.

Level 25
You could also just create a flying dummy unit at the target you want to attack, order your unit to attack the dummy unit when attacking.

How you would hide the unit from the player's view I don't know, but there is probably a way or two.

Level 11
You could also just create a flying dummy unit at the target you want to attack, order your unit to attack the dummy unit when attacking.

How you would hide the unit from the player's view I don't know, but there is probably a way or two.

Same way you'd normally make a dummy unit, but rather than making it a locust (which can't be attacked), set the selection scale to -1 and make it neutral so it isn't an auto-acquire target.

Status
Not open for further replies.