• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Attachment Weapon Now Showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I downloaded a Frostmourne sword and converted it to mdx. I import it to World Editor and add it as attachment to my unit like I have done with other attachments. Problem is that the sword isn't visible in game.

Here's a copy of the mdx

Attachments

• FrostmourneSword.mdx
    26.2 KB · Views: 53
Level 15
From what I have seen opening the model in the model editor it has a texture called SWORD\2H\FROSTMOURNE\D\01.blp. Even though this texture was not used on the material layers.
The only texture used was teamcolor, which is weird. It also has no animations, so it does not even have a stand animation.

I don't understand much of models, but this model looks weird to me. Maybe someone who has experience with modeling can help you.

Level 10
Using a model made for other games is quite difficult, since their file sizes are always large. Here are two of my modified Frostmourne model, one is default wc3's sword and the other is from... another.

Attachments

• FrostMourne.mdx
    3.6 KB · Views: 46
  • FrostMourneHQ.blp
    67 KB · Views: 50
  • FrostMourneHQ.mdx
    47.4 KB · Views: 49
Level 7
Athur12A2
Thanks for the swords, I will try them out. So is the file size what's causing the issue? I had converted it to mdx with it's texture.
Should I separate the texture from the model and add it as a blp?
Btw how does the game know how to attach the sword (e.g., not attach it horizontally or the handle on the wrong end)? Or am I supposed to
code the sword to be properly attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.