• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weapon Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
[Solved] Weapon Attachments

Hi I'm having some issues getting some weapons to attach to my heroes in a map im making

I currently have 18 weapons that can be attached and 15 of these work fine

3 that don't are;
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...prev=of=rating&search=staff&d=list&r=20&t=7
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...86/?prev=of=rating&search=axe&d=list&r=20&t=7
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...v=of=rating&t=7&search=axe&r=20&d=list&page=2

I have created triggers and imported them into the World editor exactly the same as the other attachments however they don't show the weapon models. To debug this I first tried changing the weapon model to one I know that works and this was successful so the triggers are working.

It seems to me it has to be a problem with either the model or how I have imported it and since all models are imported the same way it should be an issue with the model but all 3 models in question were signed off as working

I have created a copied ability from Sphere changed the art target and hands
These are identical for all the attachments at present except for different names for the abilities and the different Art-Target models selected

The trigger below is for Staff of the ages all the attachments are treated identically this is the trigger for equipping and unequipping the attachment

Once again these are identical for each weapon with the change of the item it relates to and the different abilities that contain the attachments. There is a separate trigger for dropping the weapon but it isn't relevant as its less complicated than this one and works fine for all the other weapons
Can anyone see a reason this isn't working? I have this working for 15 of the attachments so far out of 18
Thanks
Duindain

Last edited:
Level 11
You imported the textures to the wrong path. Bloodbreak.mdx requipre its texture impoted to "bloodbreak.blp". Remove the textures\ and it should work. Same for Chaos_Axe_01.mdx. Remove the texture\ in front of axe01_texture.blp. StaffOfAges.mdx is no texture, so remove the texture\ as well.

Level 3
thanks that fixed the issues once i reselected the models for the abilities.

Seems to me that there is something wrong with the models then using specific paths or something to refer to their own textures since all the other models work fine from the texture directory dunno anyway thanks very much :)

Level 11
The texture paths are defined inside the *.mdx itself. So the may differ for custom models because the creator used different tools or simple decided that the path should be the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.