• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to properly import these models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i tried importing these two models but they do not seem to work properly.
The first model does not work at all. Someone in the comment section said that it's not working anymore.
The second model did work actually when i tried it before but now it does not. :vw_wtf:

1st Model : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/keyitem-49437/?prev=of%3Ddownloads%26search%3Dkey%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
2nd Model : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/runicobject-48168/?prev=of%3Ddownloads%26search%3Drune%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D2

I really need these two models. Help me Pls :ogre_haosis:

Last edited:
Level 12
If you imported the texture to the proper path, it won't show up in the Editor properly until you restart the Editor but it should show up fine in-game. Then again, it replaces a texture so you'll probably have to go to Preferences and uncheck "Create New Map At Startup" then restart the Editor again, this way replaced textures will display properly because sometimes they don't.

Does those Texture Files change from "Image/Texture" to "Other"?

Yes.

If you imported the texture to the proper path, it won't show up in the Editor properly until you restart the Editor but it should show up fine in-game. Then again, it replaces a texture so you'll probably have to go to Preferences and uncheck "Create New Map At Startup" then restart the Editor again, this way replaced textures will display properly because sometimes they don't.

The runicobject model works fine but the keyitem model isn't working. (Someone in the comment section said that it's not working anymore).

Last edited:
Level 17

You now feel my pain :D

OK. You have to re-open the Editor 4 times XD
And Delete those last "other" Textures.

1) Import the custom texture and DON'T SET PATHS.
2) Close -> Open
3) Set the Custom Texture path to "a/Whatever.blp"
4) Do 2)
5) Set the Custom Texture path to "Whatever.blp"
6) do 4)/2)
7) Enjoy. If it didn't work, Re-Import and Delete the Old Texture and Repeat!

If it still didn't work, I have no idea D:

Level 11
I imported the key with no issues.

All I did was:
-Import the Model
-Import the Texture
-Change the path of the Texture to Textures\KeyItem.blp
-Saved the Map
-Closed the Map (Didn't close editor)
-Reopened the map.
-Changed the Model for Ghost Key to the imported key model

Attachments