• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searing Blade

Aye sir, we got that blasted prince Arthas to kill Searonix. Little runt didn't know we weren't after the heart.
Good to know. Is the hide intact?
No, We've used it to forge a new weapon.
Good to know.... Good to know...

Yupper, Another large bastard sword by yours truly.

This one was made in Milkshape 3d, completely from scratch, in about 3 hours from concept to completion.

This one features team color, and as usual, an item version (Red)

Please Give credits if you use this, Do not modify or redistribute without my permission.
Do not claim as your own.

PS: I know the mesh is similar to that of Frostmourne, It's not copied though. Compare em!

Updates:
10/2/08- Added A team-colored Ribbon emitter, so that the team-colored gem doesn't get lonely.
10/3/08- Worked on the UVM a bit, and changed Ribbon Emitter.
10/6/08- Lol.. wups. I changed the model, but didn't change the item Version. Fixed.
11/17/08- Added a large version

Keywords:
Sword,Blade,Cut,Slash,Maim,Dragon,Wyrm,Searinox,Senarox,Hawt,Secksy,Lord_T,Dark,Black,Enchanted,Muradin Bronzebeard
Contents

Searing Blade (Model)

Searing Blade (Model)

Reviews
20:05, 17th Oct 2008 Pyritie: Looks nice and works ingame. Good use of ingame textures. :D

M

20:05, 17th Oct 2008
Pyritie: Looks nice and works ingame. Good use of ingame textures. :D

Level 22
I think the handle looks fine, it only appears strange because the sides underneath the arms of the hilt are the same colour as the background on the screenie.

One thing I don't like, however, is the texture of the "spikes" coming out of it.
Very dry and boring.

Overall great sword, well done.

Thank you.
Any Suggestion for said spikes? I'm always looking for ways to improve.

Level 22
You could use a brighter texture with more detail to give it better contrast, because the cyan you're using is a middle tone which is very plain.

You could also blend it a little better, as in making it look like the spikes are coming out of the sword, rather than just resting on the sides, know what I mean?

Hmm... Thanks alot for the suggestions. I think I'm gonna tweak the wrap on this in the coming week.... Stupid AP classes are killing my life.

Level 22
I thought that teamcolor ribbons crashed WC
I know that TC particles crash it, My ribbons didn't, though.

Cool sword! Good job! 4.5/5
Thank you. Anything I could do to get that 5/5?

The first two spikes looks kinda big, but great sword!:wink:
8/10
Thanks! I was shooting for the over-the-top guard, so that just holding the sword ready would make you scary to approach, even from the sides. (Picture a blademaster holding this, playing his stand ready animation)

Looks nice and work in game ^^ like for me 5/5 =3
Yay.

Level 22
i have a doubt,why in the keywords appears maim and muradin bronzebeard?? is a sword of maim or something like it?

Maim means to cripple or dismember, which anyone using this sword will likely do to the person on the other side of the blade.

This Sword is part of the conspiracy involving Muradin Bronzebeard and those "Dragon Hunting Dwarves" from Mission 2 of the RoC Human campaign.

Level 8
i think u should make the sword blades a bit red to ensure it is blazing. also i dunno if u done this cuz i havent checked the model and can u make it like the sword blades are on fire? it would be much cooler and a lot rpg makers will take ur model as their rpg like The Awakening RPG

Level 22
Ah, much better, the bold lighter tones stand out alot more vividly than those midtones.

Nice work, Lord_T, I'll give you a 5/5 for the effort, but remember, there's always room for improvement, no matter how good it is.

Yeah, I thank you for that, and for these words. But Im lazy.. don't model much these days. Maybe someday :D

i think u should make the sword blades a bit red to ensure it is blazing. also i dunno if u done this cuz i havent checked the model and can u make it like the sword blades are on fire? it would be much cooler and a lot rpg makers will take ur model as their rpg like The Awakening RPG

Well, The team-color ribbon is red if player's red, but the whole thing is; i dont wanna put particles to screw other people over that don't want particles. You can add them ingame, like on each it, make it look alot better than just a generic fire on the model.

Thanks for your thoughts though!

Nice, looks abit like the wow model but.. better, it's details are better.:grin:

Which WoW model would you be speaking of? And thanks!

wow nice i cant wait to use it :thumbs_up:

That response makes me happy. Thanks!