• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment Modelling Contest [Approved for next modeling mini]

Is this submission a good idea.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
but its also very limiting in creativity, you have to consider that these competitions are a test of one's ability to create something great and original. To limit it in so many ways prevents artistic exploration and most of the attachments will come out fairly crappy looking and plain.

Level 13
Yeah, BUT I'm just saying that I think it should be a + if you've done it with in-game textures, since it's harder.
Doesn't that sound fair? A good looking attachment with custom textures may still beat one with only in-game but the in-game one should get an extra point or something for only in-game textures.

Level 13
of course it doesn't sound fair, what about people who want to texture their own work? anyways i doubt this will be hosted, too easy.
What's so easy about it? Make an attachment set with minumum of -probably 5- attachments
that have to match and fit a certain character. AND you'll also have limits, probably filesize and polies.

Edit: and with in-game textures, it would be even harder. (I wont nag about that any further now)

Status
Not open for further replies.