• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Asian lightning master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Here is a picture of a Chinese guy shooting lightning, please give me some constructive critique of what I should improve, except the lightning itself, I already know that ^^.

Attachments

• Chinese guy.jpg
    Chinese guy.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 293
Level 23
Ah yes, the neck is almost as thick as the face... I noticed afterwards.. the arms are too long but not too skinny in my opinion... further any things that are wrong? (and I know the right hand is in an impossible way, I also noticed afterwards...)

Level 23
1) I know, and am doing XD

2) are you lazy? (sorry^^)

3) The head was originally made for a frontal view... woops XD

4) The clothes are simple becouse it's a man of disiplin, monks or any other martial artists most of the time don't have detail on their clothes

(And I know that I mis-spelled Disipline (or however it's spelled)

Level 28
1) I know, and am doing XD

2) are you lazy? (sorry^^)

3) The head was originally made for a frontal view... woops XD

4) The clothes are simple becouse it's a man of disiplin, monks or any other martial artists most of the time don't have detail on their clothes

(And I know that I mis-spelled Disipline (or however it's spelled)

lol

Well, Py already helped you with the 4th. It is easy to draw folds on clothes... If you fail at the 1st time, you'll probably not fail at the 2nd. But if you do, keep trying you'll get it one of these days

*lol again about the quote*

Level 18
DUDE
LEARN proportions!
1. the head is hideous: for a side view think of a skull seriously that head wouldn't work in any view. LOOK at SOME RL references or PICS

2. the arms and hands are far too skinny. Are you drawing a stickman? people have bones and on top of the bones is muscle and flesh.

3. his legs look extremely short.

4. THE FACE IS HIDEOUS seriously sit down at a sketch book and draw 50 faces at various angles

There I think that was constructive enough, now keep trying!

Level 23
... Realy, such a post makes me almost want to quit ever drawing again, but being me, I wont XD, I have almost never done anything better than this, the best looking thing I ever drew was my own hand, and it was also bad.. I think I'm just not that good, but please, next time you give someone hints, do it on a more kind way, ok? Thank you.

Level 18
I did do it kind, if you think my crit was mean you seriously need to toughen up.

anyway, no one is just bad at drawing keep drawing and you will get better.
JUST PLEASE PLEASE do not try to copy manga and anime it will do nothing but teach bad mechanics.

PLEASE look at real life references and try to create realism and figures before ever trying to cartoonize things.

Level 23
I did not cartoonize, I actualy tried to make it even a bit realistic ^^, only some things kinda... went wrong. I once tried manga, too hard for me... and too boring. too much work for only a little bit of good looking in my oppinion...

Level 28
I'm aways drawing at the school (yes, I pay attention to the class while drawing) and that helps a lot. Depends on what I am drawing, I prefer pen.

My "school draws" helps me a lot because I use this logic:

Let's suppose that my drawing skills are 50. I'll try to draw something that requires a 52.5 drawing skills. I mean, you must try to be better then yourself, and that helps.

Because if your drawing skills are 50 and you spend your time drawing things that requires 45 of skills... You'll never improve.

I'll suggest you to draw something like this, and then this.

You'll never get close to them, but if you try your abilities will surely iimprove.

Status
Not open for further replies.