1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Lightning effect won't show!

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by KeepitMovinBaby, Apr 15, 2017.

1. KeepitMovinBaby

KeepitMovinBaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello. I have ecountered a minor problem (again) where my JNGP World editor cannot show some lightning except Chain Lightning primary and secondary, Finger of Death.
    How Could that be? Is there any solution?

2. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unless you test them in-game :D

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The editor has ever shown lightning?

4. KeepitMovinBaby

KeepitMovinBaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    It can't.
    But if I Played Dota, the effect will show, only just wouldn't show at World Editor and Test map too...

5. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had a similar problem but I'm not clear on your exact meaning.

my problem was that lighting effects placed in game using the region weather setting, wouldn't show in game play.

I fixed it by making the weather a bird with a changed model file.

though I guess if you need the effects for an ability you are out of luck I guess

6. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its very easy to understand, a lightning is created and draw out by the length of the attacks themselves. You can see that no matter how long or short you set it for any attack range, the lightning line will keep its style repeatively and straight.

It seems to be a blind point (which is show in editor or test map) but will be lengthened when showing in the real map. That is my theory.

7. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its very easy to understand, a lightning is created and draw out by the length of the attacks themselves. You can see that no matter how long or short you set it for any attack range, the lightning line will keep its style repeatively and straight.

It seems to be a blind point (which is show in editor or test map) but will be lengthened when showing in the real map. That is my theory.