• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arkain Timeline discussion [SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29

I just saw it

So apparently the "Gardon wins" is the official timeline

Rangul and Sasrogarn are dead? I am so happy!

Lerrig is the son-in-law of van Durce. That explains so much...

Empress Eternal? Why not "Supreme Empress till the end of times"?:D

Glad to see that Amari accepted Vanessa's sugestion, unlike her father and brother

Is the plague on Rengar part of Aridon's plan?

Hmm, who could it be the father of Larine's children? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
You've written allies 2 times on the events of 11th of December.
Also, not quite sure about this, should we consider everything said there as official canon? (for the human book timeline)
Your choices making the story turn out differently was one of the greatest things about the series. Taking that away is unfortunate.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMzZ_KCp_E

Alright look I know you guys aren't happy about an official canon cannon but at this point forward it's going to all be written when we actually get to it. And a official sort of events was going to be needed for the third books anyways, everything starts diverging with the first books then the gap gets wider with the second and from little we had planned/brainstormed for possible third books had them vastly different from one another and needed specific circumstances to work.

I hope you enjoy the events to come regardless.

Level 29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMzZ_KCp_E

Alright look I know you guys aren't happy about an official canon cannon but at this point forward it's going to all be written when we actually get to it. And a official sort of events was going to be needed for the third books anyways, everything starts diverging with the first books then the gap gets wider with the second and from little we had planned/brainstormed for possible third books had them vastly different from one another and needed specific circumstances to work.

I hope you enjoy the events to come regardless.

Wait wait wait WAIT!!

"third books" "...the events to come..."

Does this mean that there will be Third Books?

Level 29
I think they meant in written form and not in Warcraft 3.
And 3rd books have been sort of confirmed in the past and now I guess it's official.

Acceptable for me at least.

Will the Third Books be the final books or is it open the option that there will be future books?
Or maybe in the end of each book, Shar puts "The End?"

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@LISBOAH
I mean, I can totally understand wanting Sas to be dead - I would have him have died to something hilariously pathetic like a peon or smth if it was not too memey - but Rangul?
Because of Vanessa I guess.

Yes, he is.
Think a bit more about the people you could/did kill as Gardon in the Second Human Book... ;)

Amari is the one with brains, unlike her father and brother!

Maybe. :)

And who could it be.... Hmmm....

Regarding the canon question... @Kasrkin pretty much said it.
You can still consider the choices you made your own prefered canon of Arkain, but it was already clear to me since the very beginning that anything that would come after the Second Books would require a certain form of "canon".
Even if this still was a WC3 campaign series it was inevitable to happen.

I still consider the choice system a great feature of Arkain and did not do this because I do not care about it but because the alternative would have been an endless amount of timelines, creating an absolute mess of a story.
I can understand that some do not like this too much, but consider the choices you make your very own canon or what-if scenarios.
I do not regret the choice system - even if it gave me a hard time at times - and I will not remove any of it.

Edit: I do not know when, how or in what form I will create future Arkain content yet, but I know that all of it will take place AFTER the Second Book(s).
I have no interest in the Second Books for the other races atm.
There are tons of ideas and scripts that take place after them.

I am not saying that I am just throwing them away for good, I just saying that I have other things that I want to do for the time being.

Last edited:
Level 22
You can still consider the choices you made your own prefered canon of Arkain,
Sure you can, but it's pretty pointless.
Official canon is official canon, and it's better to accept it than to self-deceive yourself.
Yeah mine sounds like a pretty extreme position, but my own Arkain fanfic doesn't really matter, what's actually written in the real timeline does.
Regardless, good luck in writting the new book.

Level 22
Now that I read a bit more of the timeline, although I might be proven wrong, you've given us an implication to believe either Toraes will either get killed in the demonic homeland later (most probable) or will return as a demon slave. (Less probable, but considering you said he went missing, while characters like Rangul and Sasrogarn were directly stated as killed, this is pretty plausible)

Level 29
The Official Arkain Timeline [SPOILER] got updated.
@Kasrkin almost got a heart attack.

Just read it

- The Dwarves occupy several important mining areas of Kerrel, Zyainor and Rengar, claiming that they had been borrowed by their race to the Humans and would now be back under their control
The Dwarves are greedy bastards, that is what they are.

"The Undead, approaching the capital city of the Tribal Dominion, are suddenly faced with surprisingly well-disciplined Dominion forces who wear extremely heavy metal armors and weapons"
When I read this, I can only think the Dominion throwing one-hell of a Heavy metal rock party so loud that the undead couldn't approach!:D

- During the long battle between the heavily armored Dominion forces, who present strong opponents but are still slowly getting overwhelmed by the sheer endless amounts of the Undead led by the Three Bonelords, the orcish warlord Grofzag, with the help of the warlock Zairmak, causes a massive avalanche, burying the leaders of the Undead forces under it, throwing the mindless armies into disarray
Please tell me that Rahandir, Sapphira and Krom survived or weren't there! PLEASE!!!!

- All forces of the Undead within Salria are defeated, the remains of the Three Bonelords are torn apart by the Dominion and spread all over the former Kingdom of Salria, to never be put together again
Sure... because that always works «cough» Dark One «cough» Sorry, I had something in my throat.

- Following the events of the Second Void War and the defeat of the Three Bonelords, Aridon begins to wonder if he was wrong about the Orcs not being part of the balance and also begins to think about the actual meaning of the balance which, so far, had been focused around keeping all different races alive, but still excluded the Orcs due to them not hailing from Arkain and being immune to Aridon's manipulations, ignoring the fact that them moving to Arkain may have been a move by balance itself
What? Aridon never considered the Orcs as part of the balance? What a xenophobe!

- Aridon decides to go into seclusion to decide what the purpose of his continued existence is other than fighting against the machinations of the Dark One and keeping races alive. He decides to move into the deepest depths of the Dead Mountain, into the Great Temple that his creations, the Dark Elves, have built in his name, allowing his servants to do as they please in his absence as long as they do not endanger the balance - despite neither him nor them fully understanding what this balance is supposed to be from now on aside from preventing genocide

I, as both a cynic and a nihilist, say balance can only come in this case by asserting dominance over all races, by either direct or indirect means.

Level 22
The Dwarves are greedy bastards, that is what they are.
Well, they put themselves in full political isolation. They don't seem like an autarky, so they needes to do something stupid sooner or later.

Sure... because that always works «cough» Dark One «cough» Sorry, I had something in my throat.
The bonelords aren't gods so in their case it's more believable.

What? Aridon never considered the Orcs as part of the balance? What a xenophobe!
His balance made no sense in the first place.
He doesn't even really care about the survival of races native to the continent. (He didn't even bother saving the humans when they were almost at the brink of extinction by the demons)

Anyway it's quite funny. Shar for some reason really loves writing about undead being buried under something by races of the dominion ( first it was Brockta, now it's Zairmak).
It's almost a fetish. :p

Level 29
His balance made no sense in the first place.
He doesn't even really care about the survival of races native to the continent. (He didn't even bother saving the humans when they were almost at the brink of extinction by the demons)

To be fair, the KINGDOMS were at the brick of being destroyed. Humanity wasn't at risk of being exterminated since the Empire was free of Demons.

Level 22
To be fair, the KINGDOMS were at the brick of being destroyed. Humanity wasn't at risk of being exterminated since the Empire was free of Demons.
I was exactly talking about the kingdoms. Them going extinct means no more humans on the continent of Arkain.
While there would still be humans in other places, that doesn't mean balance isn't disturbed.

Level 29
I was exactly talking about the kingdoms. Them going extinct means no more humans on the continent of Arkain.
While there would still be humans, that doesn't mean balance isn't disturbed.

I don't think Aridon would let the Kingdoms be destroyed.

Like he prevented Gardon from entering the Void to save the demons from extinction, I think he would prevent the demons from destroying all kingdoms. He at least would let one kingdom survive.

Level 22
I don't think Aridon would let the Kingdoms be destroyed.

Like he prevented Gardon from entering the Void to save the demons from extinction, I think he would prevent the demons from destroying all kingdoms. He at least would let one kingdom survive.
Yet he sat on his butt waiting for the empire to arrive.
You can say it saw all part of his plan, but considering how his omniscience has malfunctioned several times already ( Largoth and the orcs are the best examples) this didn't seem to be the case.
Also, he didn't let the humans enter even 1 kilometer into the demonic homeland, a massive realm which is the approximately the size of Russia, while he let the demons plow through all the human kingdoms in the past.
Even if he did save them, which I doubt he would have, his idea of balance is really fucked up.
The demons seem to hold a really weak spot in his heart.

Level 29

Just read

- Behind closed doors, the hostilities between Larine and Vail seem to reach a new level
This will not end well. On one hand, Gardon needs Larine to keep the elves as allies. On the other he needs Vail to keep Zyainor as a nation.
Can't Vail accept an open marriage?
By the way, I am curious Shar. Is Larine's attraction to Gardon natural or did he made her feel it, either accidently or intentionally?

- After finding proof that a group within the Kingdoms that is loyal towards the Zyaise realm and is suspected to be secretly supported by the dragon-worshippers, the Kingdom of Kerrel puts an end to all official and inofficial trade agreements with Zyainor
- The Kingdom of Rengar denies support in the trade blockade as their realm depends on the trade in order to surive due to the quarantine still taking place in the very heart of the kingdom, the heartlands now even being surrounded by a giant wall to prevent the plague from spreading even further

War is coming. As expected

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
To be fair, it is more Larine than Vail. Vail is mostly annoyed about the constantly hostile behaviour of the other.
You could say that some form "interest" was there and then strengthened by the amulet which then turned into a certain tent event and other events which would lead up to this point.

Last edited:
Level 22
One final thing you need to add is if Gardon was succesfull in stopping the orcs ally with the murlocks.
Anyway this is getting interesting.
I have no idea why Larine would be pissed off at Vail, since Larine should be under Gardon's control pretty much.
Anyway in the near future Larine will no longer be queen anyway. The undead taking away Salana and helping Gardon put the elves under his own control is just their convoluted plan of allowing them to have a temporary ally, until they don't decide it's time that ends, indirectly help Salana (who the undead haven't probably killed) overthrow Larine, become queen, and cut ties with Zyainor. Yeah, far fetched, but would be interesting if it happens.
By this point I think Dorten would have preferred the demons winning the war. Future events would even make him want it more.
Anyway, a war cold war between Kerrel and Zyainor has begun. Rengar can't and won't bother to join them, due to internal problems.
Dorten is absolutely powerless to oppose Gardon and soon his kingdom may be annexed.

Level 29
Anyway in the near future Larine will no longer be queen anyway. The undead taking away Salana and helping Gardon put the elves under his own control is just their convoluted plan of allowing them to have a temporary ally, until they don't decide it's time that ends, indirectly help Salana (who the undead haven't probably killed) overthrow Larine, become queen, and cut ties with Zyainor. Yeah, far fetched, but would be interesting if it happens.

This reminds me. It has been nearly 10 years since the end of the Second Void War. Will Salana show up again? Is she waiting for a moment when Larine dies or loses popularity to show and lead rebellion?

By the way. I am surprised that Gardon didn't make sure that Salana was already dead before leaving her. For such crucial part of his plan, he was sloppy.

By this point I think Dorten would have preferred the demons winning the war. Future events would even make him want it more.

If the demons had won, they would have been either slaughtered or brainwashed, so maybe not.

Anyway, a war cold war between Kerrel and Zyainor has begun. Rengar can't and won't bother to join them, due to internal problems.
Dorten is absolutely powerless to oppose Gardon and soon his kingdom may br annexed.

I think Gardon was already expecting this. He is just waiting for Kerrel to make the first act of hostility to give him a reason to annex it.

Level 22
This reminds me. It has been nearly 10 years since the end of the Second Void War. Will Salana show up again? Is she waiting for a moment when Larine dies or loses popularity to show and lead rebellion?

The same probability that Toraes has returning as a demon slave. Both are reported as missing. Both were never confirmed to have died permanently, unlike other characters(Rangul, Sasrogarn, the Bonelords), and their fate after said disappearance is pretty ambiguous. (The undead just take Salana away, Harmos sort of hints Toraes may have died, but his words make it sound like something else could have happened.)
So averall, pretty probable.

If the demons had won, they would have been either slaughtered or brainwashed, so maybe not.
This is the same guy that was pissed off at the imperials, after they saved him and his kingdom from extinction.
He faces the exact dilemma here.
Sure he was a bit more cheerful towards Gardon in the beginning, but the pattern is the same. Gardon intends to destroy the demonic threat -> he saved his people from extinction -> he fails to remove the demonic threat forever -> Dorten realises his wrongdoing, the results opening a way for a united humanity ( in the worst way possible) -> Now Dorten views him as a liar. -> Dorten wants to change the situation but is powerless.
Replace "he", "Gardon" and "him" with "the human empire" and you'll notice the disturbing similarity.

Level 22
You're giving a bit too many hints pointing at the orcs actually being the ones who killed daddy Redfist's family. ;)
And the "day of his reckoning" seems like a suble hint towards the events that happened at the orc islands and in Salria.
His enemies, considering he's been genociding them ever since he arrived at continent are the orcs.
And Vanessa is a Redfist too, who can forget that. :D

Level 22
Losing many troops is unfortunate, but Larine could just ask for help Gardon, or Vail (bad idea), or Thanok, or Birram, or Theoden of Kome or Claire Greendale or... ok you get the point. She has no apology. The elven kingdom is very important to the Zyainor empire and since Gardon isn't busy fighting in the demonic homelands or repelling huge demonic invasion forces, he could spare some forces.
*Maybe* she wants to impress Gardon, by only using her forces, but this is a terrible way to do it.

Level 29
Losing many troops is unfortunate, but Larine could just ask for help Gardon, or Vail (bad idea), or Thanok, or Birram, or Theoden of Kome or Claire Greendale or... ok you get the point. She has no apology. The elven kingdom is very important to the Zyainor empire and since Gardon isn't busy fighting in the demonic homelands or repelling huge demonic invasion forces, he could spare some forces.
*Maybe* she wants to impress Gardon, by only using her forces, but this is a terrible way to do it.

Love makes many people stupid

By the way. Why is the Dead Forest, well, Dead Forest? Did the Dark Elves occupy it? Because the undead blight could be dealt with.

Vanessa and her army better be ready for some retaliation, otherwise Gardon might not spare her this time.

Level 22
Vanessa and her army better be ready for some retaliation, otherwise Gardon might not spare her this time.
What I find quite funny in this entire thing is that the undead did something quite amazing.
They may have succesfully manipulated the Tribal Dominion.
The plague in Rengar that has a high possibility of being their doing made the dominion actually stop what they were planning to do, which is further pillage and annex the kingdom's territory. It also shifted the target of the dominion to the dwarves and Zyainor empire.Gotta give em props for that.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The recolonisation attempts have not been ordered by Larine, she never had any interest in that, they have been decided and executed by elven nobles who wanted to reclaim the corrupted and haunted lands - there is far more than just some "blight" left by the undead in there, but since it does not move in any way, Larine and Gardon simply keep an eye on it instead of trying to claim it.
Larine actually prefers them to go to Zyainor instead.

Last edited:
Level 22
Guess no mortal race was smart enough to take a hint with the 1 trillion dead mountain incidents.
Oh boy how massively will they regret this later.

Level 22
I meant the humans shouldn't do the same mistake in the dead forest as they did with the dead mointain.
People go missing, nothing returns to report in both locations, and they just decide to watch over it, instead of getting a bigger scouting force to report what they found, or send a big army to clean it up when it's still not a huge threat.
This will definitely end well in the long run.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I do not disagree with your point, I want to remind you to keep in mind that Zyainor has much on its plate. It
a) is in a cold war with Kerrel
b) has a fortified Tribal Dominion at the south
c) still has to break the cultural barriers to completely bring back the old traditions of Zyainor
d) has no pact with Ebira and therefore must be prepared for a demonic invasion
e) must expect more dwarven attacks
f) has several other plans that divide resources
If anyone can guess who made the Dead Forest his/her new home, the person will get one of Rahandir's legendary cookies!

Last edited:
Level 22
Aridon you sly bastard, if you didn't take away the gate of hell and didn't destroy the purificator only issues a, c and f would've been relevant, for a little bit until they weren't dealth with swiftly that is. :p
I presume it's either Scarlett Retka (the Zyainor reborn epilogue didn't at all give that away, Rangul ( maybe his corpse got burned by Zarin and Volarian, but if it didn't, there is a probability for it to be him) or Sasrogarn. (What is dead should stay dead but it will be fun seeing him fail as an undead)

Level 29
Level 22
20 ZR, that must be the year when the Cold War between the various factions end and begins World War.
I expect 20 Z. R. to be the year, 1 or all of these things happen
A)Aridon returns from rethinking his life and decides to heavily interfere with his undead in mortal affairs once more ( Highest probability of happening)
B) The demons begin a new invasion (incredibly low probability, but it can happen)
C) The human empire begins attacks on the continent of Arkain. ( Slightly hinted by Brian in 12A. Sort of probable.)

Level 29
A)Aridon returns from rethinking his life and decides to heavily interfere with his undead in mortal affairs once more ( Highest probability of happening)
B) The demons begin a new invasion (incredibly low probability, but it can happen)
C) The human empire begins attacks on the continent of Arkain. ( Slightly hinted by Brian in 12A. Sort of probable.)

Or maybe all of these at the same time, alongside
-Salana's return that weaken's Larine's rule
-Kerrel finnaly making a move that starts a war
-the Dominion launches an invasion

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So, moved all posts and removed the spoiler tags as this is a spoiler-thread.
Also, @LISBOAH is now the author of the thread because Hive insists that he is now. :p (I cannot change that, sorry.)

Aridon you sly bastard, if you didn't take away the gate of hell and didn't destroy the purificator only issues a, c and f would've been relevant, for a little bit until they weren't dealth with swiftly that is. :p
I presume it's either Scarlett Retka (the Zyainor reborn epilogue didn't at all give that away, Rangul ( maybe his corpse got burned by Zarin and Volarian, but if it didn't, there is a probability for it to be him) or Sasrogarn. (What is dead should stay dead but it will be fun seeing him fail as an undead)
No cookies for you yet!

Or maybe all of these at the same time, alongside
-Salana's return that weaken's Larine's rule
-Kerrel finnaly making a move that starts a war
-the Dominion launches an invasion
Isn't it just fantastic how many things could happen, both expected and unexpected? ;)

Level 29
So, moved all posts and removed the spoiler tags as this is a spoiler-thread.
Also, @LISBOAH is now the author of the thread because Hive insists that he is now. :p (I cannot change that, sorry.)

Wow my first thread... Meh. I thought it would be more exciting...

No cookies for you yet!

I for one think that the Dark Elves settled on the Dead Forest. It is close to Dead Mountain and, as Elves, they might feel better living on forests.

Level 22
I for one think that the Dark Elves settled on the Dead Forest. It is close to Dead Mountain and, as Elves, they might feel better living on forests.
I can see the dark elves cultivating their power until 20 Z. R. and then emerging to attack the elven kingdom from the dead forest. Also they will most certainly have Salana on their side.
And this time unlike their clashes with the Tribal Dominion they will untimately win.

Level 29
I can see the dark elves cultivating their power until 20 Z. R. and then emerging to attack the elven kingdom from the dead forest. Also they will most certainly have Salana on their side.

Definetly.

1. The Undead saved her life
2. Sapphira, her former colleague, is one of the undead
3. Given this amount of years, she most likely learnt several things from the undead and dark elves, including their goals, the history of the world, darkest secrets of the kingdoms, etc and this might make her an ally for Aridon's cause
4. She must be bitter for Gardon betraying her trust and trying to kill her, plus putting an exiled on the elven throne, and thus basically making the Elven Kingdom a vassal nation for Gardon

And this time unlike their clashes with the Tribal Dominion they will untimately win.

Given that Gardon had to get rid of her, I would say that she surpasses Larine both in terms of leadership skills and popularity. If she returns, many elves would side with her over a puppet of Gardon, plus she would be backed up by a nigh endless army of undead and dark elves.

Larine would stand no chance.

Level 22
3. Given this amount of years, she most likely learnt several things from the undead and dark elves, including their goals, the history of the world, darkest secrets of the kingdoms, etc and this might make her an ally for Aridon's cause
Maybe one of the only non-undead(if we exclude the dark elves) to support Aridon.
Though what she might have heard may have persuaded her, I'm sure at least a small part of her abhors the undead and the dark elves for what they have done, no matter how good the intention was.

Given that Gardon had to get rid of her, I would say that she surpasses Larine both in terms of leadership skills and popularity. If she returns, many elves would side with her over a puppet of Gardon, plus she would be backed up by a nigh endless army of undead and dark elves.

Larine would stand no chance.
Yeah, people who could make a massive difference, resulting indirectly in her keeping her throne won't come back *cough* like Brian *cough*, or would they? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.