• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How far will you sacrifice humanity? [SPOILER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING : FULL OF SPOILER!

Let's share your choices here. Human Books only.

My First Book :
Killed blackie
Rescue Aedale
Kill the dame scouts (Papa Renald be mad)
Help Gardon
Ally Gardon
Kill annoying Lera
Skip Shard Cave
Side Gardon
Screw Darkmind
Skip Shard Temple
Kill Firelord (can't remember for certain, I think I killed him)

My Second Book :
Accident DO Happens (you guys should know what I mean)
Burn the murloc, take everything!
Cora hears whispering
Larine gets along with Ironfist
Get the Gem (and terrorize enemies)
Skip Dark Elvies
Spare Firelord (he already get traumatized once)
Grennan (ew, that Taran is annoying af)
CALL IN THE FLEET (Destructor spam)
[Since both sides are playable, I skipped Gardon/Van Durce]
(Oh, Gardon side was hell thanks to the fleet)
Reject the pact
Spare papa Redfist

Not the best ending, especially in Gardon's side. At least Merlon survives

Tell me if I miss any choice. Would like to hear you guys as well.

Last edited:
Level 2
1st Book:

Black Dragon spared (Orb of Fire can be purchased the next chapter lol)
Aedale rescued and Golden Guard Scout spared (no reward for killing them, really?)
Join Gardon
Lera survives
Leave Shard
Help Gardon
Darkmind gets rekt the 2nd time
Leave the Eye
Kill Big Smoke

2nd Book:

Lerrig spared (his Healing Wave saved his ass, funny that he dies anyway if he joins Gardon's side)
Cora gets the Orb (who needs Scarlet when we have a powerful Redfist mage with two Ultimate abilities?)
Larine learns healing art ('I need healing'-Genji)
Diamond Obtained and Outpost Destroyed
Kill Smoke again (you picked the wrong house, fool!) and join Grennan (Taran needs a better act if he wants to get sided with)
Follow Gardon (Renald has only melee heroes so meh!)
Accept the pact (dunno if that affects the future or not)
Redfist the Papa of the Year spared

At least after chapter 14 only Lerrig dies
Dunno why accepting the pact saves Toraes's life
Merlon is saved by both Aedale and Claire. Wondering what'd happen if there was Claire alone?
About Cora, this is kinda new, it's an irony that her little sister turns good and she herself turns bad in the end.

It's the best choice I've made so far, both factions get screwed up hard in the end anyway.

Last edited:
Level 22
First book:
Killed the Black Dragon
Rescued Aedale
Didn't destroy the base of the unknown soldiers
Helped Gardon
Allied with Gardon
Didn't kill Lera the Huntress
Didn't take the Shard
Didn't take the Artefact
Sided with Gardon
Destroyed the Darkmind clan base in chapter 9
Killed Progaderas

Second book:
Completed accidents do happen
Prevented an alliance between orcs and murlocks
Cora didn't hear the whispers
Larine doesn't get along with Ironfist
Got the gem
Destroyed the base of the Dark Elves
Chose Cora over Scarlett
Sided with the Firespirits
Gave Marin 10,000 lumber
Rejected the pact
Spared Redfist

Prince Toraes got most certainly killed, which is unfortunate. Cora was heavily wounded, but survived. Salana, Lera and Larine are your allies. Merlon survived.
I only hope that, if we get to deal with the undead in a future book or spin-off campaign, we can, at some point finally launch an attack in the demonic lands beyond the Void. If not I'm going to really disappointed since then you are pretty much forced to chose ''accept the pact'' because it's obviously the 10000 % better choice, and it shouldn't be that way.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Redfist the Papa of the Year spared
He lost his "Best dad of the Year"-cup, btw, which he used to smack Aedale with.
You don't happen to have seen it somewhere?

Forgot I killed the black dragon. Poor blackie.
Mother of Dragons no like you, me thinks.

I only hope that, if we get to deal with the undead in a future book or spin-off campaign, we can, at some point finally launch an attack in the demonic lands beyond the Void. If not I'm going to really disappointed since then you are pretty much forced to chose ''accept the pact'' because it's obviously the 10000 % better choice, and it shouldn't be that way.

It wouldn't make much sense for the Undead to attack the Void themselves in the forseeable future.
Else betraying Gardon wouldn't have been neccessary.

Level 22
Dunno why accepting the pact saves Toraes's life
If you decline the pact he and his knights make a charge into the demonic homeland, to clear a small part of it and make way for your next attack. If you accept the pact this doesn't happen.

Merlon is saved by both Aedale and Claire. Wondering what'd happen if there was Claire alone?
Shar was planning to make it if it was only Claire, Krom shoots through both her shield and armor and kills her. He decided not to do it though.

It wouldn't make much sense for the Undead to attack the Void themselves in the forseeable future.
Else betraying Gardon wouldn't have been neccessary.
Possibly fixing past mistakes later is at least better than never. :p

Level 4
During my first playthrough.
First book:
Killed the Black Dragon
Rescued Aedale (that reminds me, what happens if you didnt rescue her lol)
Destroyed the base of the unknown soldiers (srsly, how does this affect the 2nd book?)
Helped Gardon
Allied with Gardon
Killed Lera the Huntress (didnt know how to save her in my first run)
Take the Shard
Didnt take the Artifact
Sided with Gardon
Destroyed the Darkmind clan base in chapter 9
Killed Progaderas

Second book:
Completed accidents do happen
Prevented an alliance between orcs and murlocks
Cora hear the whispers
Larine get along with Ironfist
Got the gem (how will this affect the story again?)
Destroyed the base of the Dark Elves
Chose Cora over Scarlett
Sided with the Firespirits
Gave Marin 10,000 lumber (idk how to clear this w/o destructors)
Rejected the pact
Spared Redfist

Im quite disappointed in my ending in the 2nd book. Cora became... a puppet? to the undead.
Will do a another run having choices like cora didnt hear the whisper and larine didn't get along with the ironfist.
Just to see an alternative ending.

Level 6
But here is my second time playing first play though

Kill black dragon because of loots
Rescue Aedale (My god i just wanted aedale to be less demonic but in 2nd book rip)
I didn't destroy that base tho (I wonder)
Salana help Gardon
Allied with Gardon again
Didn't kill Lera (cuz i find it her cute ;) )
Don't accept shard and demon eye (just like i said but 2nd book rip her pure soul)
Sided with Gardon (Cause why not?)
Destroy the darkmind clan
Kill smoke firelord (yay)

YET TO BE ADD. so stand by

I haven't finish the previous version and newest version of it
so that's something

Edit i just delete my post and i have to be honest though sorry

Level 22
Maybe not the exact place to post it, but since some people are wondering how the opposite choice may influence the story, in the spoiler tag below I've written how every choice in the first and second book will effect the campaign. I would not recommend reading it unless you've replayed the campaign at least 2 times. If you find a mistake or something I've missed, tell me and I will edit it.
First Human Book :
1) Killing the black dragon in chapter 1 ( In chapter 11 A in the 2nd book, van Durce will mention while talking to Thanok how even Blen was able to slay a black dragon, so van Durce should have no problem slaying Thanok.)

2) Rescuing Aedale in chapter 3 ( If you do it she will hold Blen in a higher regard and will be saddened by his death. If you don't rescue her, at the end of the mission a soldier will inform you that she complained that the orcs tortured her while being imprisoned. She won't also care for his death.)

3) Killing the unknown soldiers in chapter 3 ( Doing it will make van Durce be pissed at you during the prologue of the 2nd book and it will make chapter 14 B harder, not doing it makes you have an ally in 14 B)

4) Helping Gardon in chapter 4 ( Doing it makes it able for you to call him as an ally in the next chapter, he also buffs your amulet. Not doing it means you can't call him as an ally, he won't make your amulet stronger, he will be disappointed by your choice and in the ending of chapter 5, Queen Renova will also be slightly disappointed by you.

5) Killing Lera the Huntress in chapter 5 ( If you kill her, you will fight a different ranger in chapter 7 of the second book. If you don't kill her and have Salana as the queen in the same chapter, she will defect and join your side)

6) Consuming the shard in chapter 6 ( Aedale will get her blizzard replace by another ability - Mark of chaos. You also won't be able to spare her father in chapter 13 of the second book)

7) Choosing to help Gardon or Genethas ( This will decide who you will fight against in the last chapter. In the prologue of the second book, if you chose Genethas, Gardon will say that Blen deserves a severe punishment, but if you side with Gardon, he will defend him.)

8) Destroying the base of the Darkmind clan - chapter 9 ( In chapter 9 of the second book Rath Wolfscar will mention how after killing van Durce he will also hunt down the dwarf that tried to kill him [aka Zarin])

9) Consume the Artefact ( Aedale's cooldown on her infernal ability in chapter 13 of the second book will be halved, Salomar will get killed by Largoth, In the final chapter of the 1st book she will aid you with demons, you unlock a secret chapter if you also consumed the shard earlier, She becomes an irredeemable cold and evil person.

10) Killing Progaderas ( if you do, in chapter 8 and 10 in the second book, after seeing you he swears to take revenge about what you did)

Second Human Book:
1) Completing ''accidents do happen'' ( Lerrig gets killed in chapter 1, not doing it makes him appear as your ally in chapter 11 A)

2) Ruining the alliance between orcs and murlocks in chapter 1 ( In the interlude ''true colors'' van Durce will slightly compliment you. In the epilogue, Aridon will mention how you stopped their alliance)

3) Choosing the ''whispers in the dark'' Boni at least once ( in the interlude ''death of a legend'' Cora will absorb Scarlett of all her powers without you choosing and gain the Avenge ability. In the epilogue, she will also come to Aridon seeking knowledge. If you don't choose it at all, in the epilogue she will be heavily injured, but will still survive and be your ally)

4) Destroying the Dark elven base in chapter 6 ( If you do it chapter 9 becomes a bit easier and in the epilogue one of the dark elves says Gardon deserves to die for attacking them, if you don't your ally in chapter 9 will get his base quickly overran, destroyed and be replaced with a base of the dark elves)

5) Getting the gem ( if you get this and spare Redfist Merlon won't die in the ending of chapter 14 A)

6) Choosing the ''elves of the ironfist'' Boni at least once ( Larine becomes Queen, her ring will get upgraded, you will get an extra scene with her in ''death of a legend'', Salana will be heavily wounded and taken by the undead in the ending cutscene of chapter 7.)

7) Siding with the firemages or firespirits in chapter 8 ( If you sided with the firemages, you will get to train firemages ( a cheaper unit) or firespirits ( a more expensive but beefier unit), if you sided with of course the firespirits

8) Giving Marin 10,000 lumber in chapter 9 ( chapter 9 and 11 B become a bit easier, but chapter 11 A becomes harder.

9) Accept Ebira's pact ( Chapter 14 A becomes a lot easier by cutting the number of demon gates you have to destroy by roughly half. Also lowering the number of heroes you will have to fight. Prince Toraes survives.
If you decline it, the mission gets a lot harder, Ebira will still leave, but her forces remain. Prince Toraes gets killed.)

10) Sparing or killing Volarian Redfist ( Killing him makes Lisara consume Aedale in the epilogue. At the end of chapter 14 A Merlon will get killed, in 14 B the entire Golden Guard fleet gets destroyed.
If you spare him, in the epilogue, Aedale will overpower and successfully take control of Lisara, Merlon will survive after 14 A if you also completed the gem sidequest earlier in chapter 6. In 14 B the Golden Guard will successfully leave the continent.

Last edited:
Level 3
Maybe not the exact place to post it, but since some people are wondering how the opposite choice may influence the story, in the spoiler tag below I've written how every choice in the first and second book will effect the campaign. I would not recommend reading it unless you've replayed the campaign at least 2 times. If you find a mistake or something I've missed, tell me and I will edit it.
First Human Book :
1) Killing the black dragon in chapter 1 ( In chapter 11 A in the 2nd book, van Durce will mention while talking to Thanok how even Blen was able to slay a black dragon, so van Durce should have no problem slaying Thanok.)

2) Rescuing Aedale in chapter 3 ( If you do it she will hold Blen in a higher regard and will be saddened by his death. If you don't rescue her, at the end of the mission a soldier will inform you that she complained that the orcs tortured her while being imprisoned. She won't also care for his death.)

3) Killing the unknown soldiers in chapter 3 ( Doing it will make van Durce be pissed at you during the prologue of the 2nd book and it will make chapter 14 B harder, not doing it makes you have an ally in 14 B)

4) Helping Gardon in chapter 4 ( Doing it makes it able for you to call him as an ally in the next chapter, he also buffs your amulet. Not doing it means you can't call him as an ally, he won't make your amulet stronger, he will be disappointed by your choice and in the ending of chapter 5, Queen Renova will also be slightly disappointed by you.

5) Killing Lera the Huntress in chapter 5 ( If you kill her, you will fight a different ranger in chapter 7 of the second book. If you don't kill her and have Salana as the queen in the same chapter, she will defect and join your side)

6) Consuming the shard in chapter 6 ( Aedale will get her blizzard replace by another ability - Mark of chaos. You also won't be able to spare her father in chapter 13 of the second book)

7) Choosing to help Gardon or Genethas ( This will decide who you will fight against in the last chapter. In the prologue of the second book, if you chose Genethas, Gardon will say that Blen deserves a severe punishment, but if you side with Gardon, he will defend him.)

8) Destroying the base of the Darkmind clan - chapter 9 ( In chapter 9 of the second book Rath Wolfscar will mention how after killing van Durce he will also hunt down the dwarf that tried to kill him [aka Zarin])

9) Consume the Artefact ( Aedale's cooldown on her infernal ability in chapter 13 of the second book will be halved, Salomar will get killed by Largoth, In the final chapter of the 1st book she will aid you with demons, you unlock a secret chapter if you also consumed the artifact, She becomes an irredeemable cold and evil person.

10) Killing Progaderas ( if you do, in chapter 8 and 10 in the second book, after seeing you he swears to take revenge about what you did)

Second Human Book:
1) Completing ''accidents do happen'' ( Lerrig gets killed in chapter 1, not doing it makes him appear as your ally in chapter 11 A)

2) Ruining the alliance between orcs and murlocks in chapter 1 ( In the interlude ''true colors'' van Durce will slightly compliment you. In the epilogue, Aridon will mention how you stopped their alliance)

3) Choosing the ''whispers in the dark'' Boni at least once ( in the interlude ''death of a legend'' Cora will absorb Scarlett of all her powers without you choosing and gain the Avenge ability. In the epilogue, she will also come to Aridon seeking knowledge. If you don't choose it at all, in the epilogue she will be heavily injured, but will still survive and be your ally)

4) Destroying the Dark elven base in chapter 6 ( If you do it chapter 9 becomes a bit easier and in the epilogue one of the dark elves says Gardon deserves to die for attacking them, if you don't your ally in chapter 9 will get his base quickly overran, destroyed and be replaced with a base of the dark elves)

5) Getting the gem ( if you get this and spare Redfist Merlon won't die in the ending of chapter 14 A)

6) Choosing the ''elves of the ironfist'' Boni at least once ( Larine becomes Queen, her ring will get upgraded, you will get an extra scene with her in ''death of a legend'', Salana will be heavily wounded and taken by the undead in the ending cutscene of chapter 7.)

7) Siding with the firemages or firespirits in chapter 8 ( If you sided with the firemages, you will get to train firemages ( a cheaper unit) or firespirits ( a more expensive but beefier unit), if you sided with of course the firespirits

8) Giving Marin 10,000 lumber in chapter 9 ( chapter 9 and 11 B become a bit easier, but chapter 11 A becomes harder.

9) Accept Ebira's pact ( Chapter 14 A becomes a lot easier by cutting the number of demon gates you have to destroy by roughly half. Also lowering the number of heroes you will have to fight. Prince Toraes survives.
If you decline it, the mission gets a lot harder, Ebira will still leave, but her forces remain. Prince Toraes gets killed.)

10) Sparing or killing Volarian Redfist ( Killing him makes Lisara consume Aedale in the epilogue. At the end of chapter 14 A Merlon will get killed, in 14 B the entire Golden Guard fleet gets destroyed.
If you spare him, in the epilogue, Aedale will overpower and successfully take control of Lisara, Merlon will survive after 14 A if you also completed the gem sidequest earlier in chapter 6. In 14 B the Golden Guard will successfully leave the continent.
I remember that Shar once said that the "ebira pact" would make Aedale come to help you in 14.A as I understand. (and if I read the previous post, I just want you to take me out of the doubt, I would like see her in 14.A to help Gardon)

Level 29
My choices

First Book
-Killed Black Dragon
-Rescued Aedale (in order to have three heroes to fight the Darkmind)
-Didnt destroy the secret base (a complete waste of time since they are neutral)
-Salana helped Gardon (since her goal was to improve relationships)
-I spared Lera (because it would be a waste)
-Absorbed both shard and artifact (though I will replay later and choose not to)
-Sided with Gardon (because Gardon is a fan-favorite :D)
-I destroyed Darkmind base (they all have to die!)
-Killed Progaderas (just to piss him off and see his revenge. I was dissapointed)

Second Book
-Killed the Golden Guard before reaching the outpost (Lerrig didn't deserve to be rescued)
-Prevented orc-murloc alliance (because orcs are already annoying enough without having the aid of murlocs)
-I never chose the Whispers boni (because I had a bad feeling)
-Released the opressed town (to free the opressed and get an ally that was closer to the enemy than I was)
-Destroyed Retka's supporters grey base
-I got the gem (why not?)
-Spared the Dark Elves (because it would be a waste of both time and resources, plus they were attacking the elves)
-Killed Scarlett (in order to keep Cora. Cora is a high-ranked member of the Empire, while Scarlett is a traitor that leads a bunch of marauders)
-Joined the Flamekeepers (the fire revenants) (because in the interlude a commander blames the wizard leader for the situation, so I grew suspicious)
-Gave Marin all that lumber
-Accepted the pact with Ebira (for I support inter-racial agreements and I am against genocide)
-Spared Redfist (just to see the difference)

Level 22
for I support inter-racial agreements and I am against genocide)
I destroyed Darkmind base (they all have to die!)
Kind of contradicting ourselves, aren't we? :p

-Released the opressed town
You did a good thing, although...

While the villagers were busy getting equipped, General Bloodclaw whispered to Thanok that he should "deal with them" as soon as this was over. As far as I know, none of the villagers survived the battle against Retka's army on the other side of the pass. I don't think it'd be wise to think about this anymore.

( taken from the short story ''diary of a soldier''' if you were wondering)

Level 22
Aha, it looks like LISBOAH was able to be seduced. :p
I luckily fell in in love with the gate of hell. And then I lost it, we all did actually... forever. :(
It would have made sense, though in my opinion, if we accepted the Ebira pact for the undead to allow us to construct our defense there. Gardon can't enter their lands and genocide them no matter how much he wants to, it would have been a perfect chokepoint, it's at a strategic location, it would have kept the demons trapped in their own homeland, thus eliminating them from threatening the continent forever, the humans could use a lot fewer men to defend it, the undead wanted the humans to defend them for a long time and they would have gotten their defense, for 1000x times longer.
Aridon, just why?

Level 29
Admit it, you fell in love with Ebira. :p

No I didn't. I said inter-racial agreements, not inter-racial romance.

Aha, it looks like LISBOAH was able to be seduced. :p

Like I would be seduced by a demon, a race known for corrupting. I am not Genethas-level of idiot.

Should i call the remaining Golden guard to captured LISBOAH?

Just kidding

They will never take me alive!:D

Golden Guard: Get on your knees.
Me: I would, but you see... I am not your mother last night!

Level 21
Here are my choices and the apparent affects I noticed. Choose what you want for narrative reasons though!

First Book :
Killed Black Dragon - dialogue only effect
Rescued Aedale - dialogue only effect
Left Unknown faction alone - helps gameplay on a GG plotline map
Salana helped Gardon - unclear if this matters in Book 2 at this point as opposed to just choosing the specific Elven Boni
Called for help from Gardon - same as above, I thought maybe Salana would still exile Larine if she did not get her ring upgraded by Gardon in Book 1, but I think that was only in the Beta version of Book 2
Left Lera alive - ominous quest flavor text helped me make the right decision
Ate the shard - make Aedale more interesting, she can totally handle it, right?
Sided with Gardon - 'correct' choice, but mostly just luck IMO; surprisingly, does not impact 2nd book beyond dialogue
Destroyed the Darkmind - nothing to indicate it would not be a benefit, Rath magically escapes and is more mad now
Ate the Eye - commit to evil Aedale who is very stable and can control herself... plus, don't miss out on a secret mission!
Killed Progderas - he's in a crucial area of the map and nearly unavoidable, he shows up in Book 2 to 'gift' you some loot if you kill him

A semi-separate note: if you don't keep Lera alive and also corrupt Aedale, the last mission in the first book might be actually impossible with only 3 heroes.

Second Book :
Did not kill GG - narratively up to each player, but this is a straight benefit in every case gameplay-wise
Killed the Murlocs - dialogue only effect
Chose Whispers in the Dark boni - make Cora more interesting, she can totally handle it, right?
Did not choose Elves of the Ironfist boni - overriding factor in who becomes the Elven Queen
Collected the Diamond - how cute, he wants to give her a gift at the expense of a bunch of his guys slaughtered by Starfall :)
Destroyed the Dark Elves - helps gameplay on a GG map, but now they're even more mad
Killed Progderas again - shrug, he deserves it considering how Mission 10 is
Chose Firelords - mutually exclusive units for future missions that I never built anyway
Gave Marin lumber - pretty much necessary to complete the mission, but gives the Ironfist a much harder time later; maybe helps the GG in a later mission, but I'm not super clear
Accepted Ebira's pact - pretty sure this is 100% positive both narratively (considering the way Gardon's mission path ends) and gameplay-wise also
Killed the Tyrant - I purposefully fed Aedale a bunch of evil stuff so I didn't even futilely try to Spare him, I clicked that Kill button

Aedale options are critical to how both Epilogue's play out. All I can really say is BE CONSISTENT.

Last edited:
Level 4
Choices chosen from my playthrough and the effects (version 2.10):
First Book:
- Spare the Dragon (Blen will be viewed as a coward for allowing it to haunt the countryside)
- Leave Aedale - dialogue and gameplay effect. She won't join you in the attack in Chapter 11 (also needs her to be pure).
- Spare Golden Guard (will choose destroying them later) - affects Second Human Book
- No help from Salana - no Elites, enchanted amulets or Gardon reinforcements. In Chapter 11, Councillor Birram will replace her on Ironfist's attack.
- Destroying Lera - no Ranger in Chapter 11, will be replaced by Karina the Guardian in "Long Live The Queen". Also no Hero reinforcements on Chapter 14A.
- Leaving the Shard - dialogue effect, the same as Leaving the Eye.
- Joining Genethas - the same as Jayborino's, as a reason for Van Durce to blame Blen.
- Not destroying the Darkmind - Zarin won't be mentioned in 2nd book by Rath, otherwise unknown.
- Leaving the Eye - Salomar lives and Aedale is available for Chapter 11. Duke Volarian will be spared (if you choose so) in Chapter 13.
- Not killing Progderas - making Chapter 10 easier, but no loot in Chapter 8.
I'll do the Second Human Book after Shar Dundred has updated all books on the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.