• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

April Fools!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Happy April Fools everyone!

The site will not be closing down, this was the staff team's sadistic idea of a good joke! We hope noone got offended, and for those who almost ruined the joke... we're watching for you!

oz02 & The Wc3Sear.ch Staff

Level 11
haha tahts great to know.i fell for it,bet you had fun leting us twist in the wind.
i learned alot about the mods and other members in irc today thanks to this so called site going down.
btw oz02 unban me from irc that spam was for happieness!

Level 13
I wonder how many people are going to come up with that line "I knew it". You have to love the feeling of dread that people get when they fall for a practical joke, and then cover it up. It's ok guys, there's nothing wrong with falling for it - I probably would have fallen for it if I was in your situation.

Level 4
I do think daveman is right, even with mods watching, people could have gone crazy, spaming, fights :p , and such the place couldve been a mess. I see (I think) why the shiny names went away, incase people got the idea of spamming the heck out of the site, they would check for mods(shiny names) and if there wernt any then they would go ahead and do it, if thats not the reason then at least I thought. Good joke, fooled me, yes it did I am not going to lie. Have a happy april fools day.

Level 6
It'll certainly be interesting to hear people's moaning of how mean you were to them :D

EDIT: Did you have any contact with Darky about this? Since he's been vacant so much lately he'd just pop in for an april fool or did you create riots without his permission? :roll:

Level 2
Fewwww.........

OMG how harsh was that...

There you go wickerman.

I am so relieved it was joke. Still you should have taken into better account timezones and stuff. I was so worried for a while there that the site was closing. And mods that was only funny for you and the people sure it was joke. And me I supose because I can imagine one of you leaning back in a swivel chair at work and muttering softly hehehe suckers and then being yelled at by your boss.

Level 1
Not to brag or anything, but I did call it with the first post. Of course I didn't know for sure.

(thinks for a moment)

Does this mean wc3search will now be watching me?

(runs away and hides in a burrow)

Good April fools joke guys, hope no one abbandend the site because of it...
:D :lol: :D

Level 5
I thought so. I was skeptical about yesterday's "news" for the following reasons.
1. The date it was posted.
2. If the site was going to be shut down due to all of the supposed troubles, why would a new moderator (Daelin) be promoted 2 weeks before the shutdown date.
On the bright side, I managed to fool my fellow Satire Team members (a group of people working on a hilarious map that parodies the battle net community) with this joke on the gamefaqs WC3 TFT Forum.

Level 4
I hope you had your fun making people deal with the lag on this site looking for good models and skins before the site would "close" April 2nd. Now that this site will remain open there is still hope of a decent ping-pong map to be submitted. How nuch does it cost Darky to maintain this site anyway? And what is Blizzard's stance on this site?

Level 4
bad boys

have u ever thought on how many ppl got desperate with that?!

WE ARE NOT UR PAWNS. WE GOT FEELINGS. U CANT PLAY WITH US LIKE THAT AS WE WERE NOTHING HOLY SHIT.

anyway im PRETTY GLAD THAT IT WAS A JOKE coz in somewhere hiding in the deeppeest and darkest places of my mind, there was still a hope that it was a lie. a very bad lie.

anyway, past is past, lets just PARTY COZ OUR SITE IS NOT SHUTTING DOW!!! :D

Level 1
oz02 said:
I wonder how many people are going to come up with that line "I knew it". You have to love the feeling of dread that people get when they fall for a practical joke, and then cover it up. It's ok guys, there's nothing wrong with falling for it - I probably would have fallen for it if I was in your situation.

Except I really did know it and I pointed it out twice.

Level 2
Bitches! lol. But seriously I nearly cried...NEARLY! Naw I mine as well say, I cried like a little girl, nearly commited suicide I did.

Level 2
heh well you had me for a couple of hours untill i visited my other forum ive joined with the people there i know convinced me you were lyin, so it was good but it got increasingly obvious since time went by and some of you mods didnt hide that it was an april fool very well

im guessing that last post i made was deleted? cant be bothered to check the sites still a bit laggy

Level 12
Ah, you people can't take a joke. You look at www.wc3campaigns.com and see the amount of jokes they've been through. Remember, kiddies. People lie on the internet just to make you believe. My advice to you: don't. =P

@Daveman: Everyone has to take a joke. I mean people like you are a bit too serious. At somepoint, people have to be sarcastic. =P

@ElfWarfare: 24 hours? That scares me, Elfy. :roll:

@oz02: Now, are we going to get our moderator colors back? You better or I'll kill you. =P

Level 8
As I said: if it is a joke, then it's a good one. Being suspicious is healthy...

Anyways, it was really a GREAT joke, I love playing with pplz fears :twisted:

Level 6
....... Please. Dont. Do. It. Agin! :twisted:

I knew that you people would make a joke. Next time, please, be nicer! :)

When will your Darky-is-dead-campaign be out? It would be really fun to control the adminstors and hunt down the guy who saw them... :twisted:

Level 4
lol, iv gotta say, there was alot of proof against it, so personally i didnt believe it completley (although there was always the possibility of the site shutting down) i was going to post the different reasons why the site wasnt shuting down, but i didnt wanna spoil the joke for evryone

just gotta add; nice one guys, you fooled alot of people :p

Level 11
Ehehe... *takes a sarcastic tone "Poor Darky who goes to the university and has to pay a lot. What would you choose, real life or a site for which you even have to pay?" LOL... I have to agree that it was funny convincing some of you with this stupid excuse. And btw, thanks for all the PMs. It was nice from you. ;)

And btw, the one who kept deleting posts around was neither Darky, Oz02, VGSatomi, DarkShadow or AlfredX. It was someone else... ;) (and no, it wasn't me...)

Sansui said:
I told ya it was a prank. i knew it all along.

Yeah right Sansui... Of course you knew. You are a mod and all mods saw this planning. And you could've kept it for yourself instead of trying to ruin our prank.

Goliath the God said:
Very nice April Fools guys, I nearly believed, but for this reason I didn't:
1 April
New Mod - Daelin

What do you mean by the "New Mod - Daelin". Was there something wrong with me? :p

~Daelin

Level 13
Daelin said:
And btw, the one who kept deleting posts around was neither Darky, Oz02, VGSatomi, DarkShadow or AlfredX. It was someone else... ;) (and no, it wasn't me...)

Nah, not completely right. At least I tried to delete a topic, but my connection was to slow so I let the "someone else" handle it :p

And yeah, we're really mean guys :twisted:

Level 4
lol ure so mean

well guess we (the desperated community of this site, the loyal, trustworthy and of course FOOLISH ppl who believed this SADISTIC joke

that was mean for sure, i saw ppl offering their site has "stockage" for the resources, ppl who compiled many things to save and help this site.

now that WE satisfied ur sadistic pleasures dear mods, guess u could make an event to "comemorate" the non-closing site that re-births right now.

a party would sure quence the anger of the fooled ppl :p :lol: it was a good joke, that we can't deny it :lol:

Level 4
yeah yeah

oh im sure we'll like these "pleasant surprises"

guess u are owning us some happyness, OMFG i almost had a heart attack when i saw urs and VGsatomi's posts
until that moment i thought it was a joke but...

just make these stressed moments be worthy with. compensate us!! :p

Rui

Rui

Level 41
WTF??

Daelin?! º_º u mean that are no cookies or milk left??? O M G ( i didnt visit this site for a few days). U abominations u ate everything!

I didnt read the other news that were containing the joke since i saw this one first^^.
WTF? changing subject are we? Daelin ill spam on u in MSN :D .
When i saw the message that site was closing my heart almost stopped :p. dont do that again -.- . and i didnt even remember that fools day^^ was too busy, but like i say; u talk much but u dont say nothing xD.

Dont joke with that subjects... people could have gone mad; spammers, flamers (who flamed so much that got burned i guess), etc.

Level 13
The site going crazy? Hah. The staff was watching the site closely just in case, and, as you can see, it didn't happen.

For those who are complaining, if you took it that seriously then you need to get out a little. Lighten up, it was a joke.

@TheWickerMan: Nope. Haven't seen any trace of Darky since his Easter post.

Level 11
Well... Since nobody saw some old post of mine I think I'll repeat this (maybe I only thought I said this): Darky was on the site on 31 March while the nameplates were changed. He changed the colors but I dunno why. He stood very short online and then disappeared again.

~Daelin

Level 3
Next site joke date: approximately June 23.
Watch this post get deleted. :) However, I hope that joke comes. :) Had great fun with it last year. ;)

PS: Mods if u delete my post please send me a PM :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.