• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

AoS map.. why?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18

What i think about AoS maps

In recent past years AoS has become one plague that we cannot escape. Some AoS are stupid while other ones are just.. weird( not saying that they aren't good ones out there). There are alot of types with alot of modes. The gameplay is good enough but come on! Where is the originality?! AoS is getting way old, like if you where to go play in you're backyard with your 80 year old grandpa. Sounds like fun eh?

One thing that i would like if they were to split the map up a bit. Make 4( or 3 ) teams instead of 2. So we dont get the lame shape over and over again. Make some twists in the gameplay.

Now someone of you might be thinking; "Pffh! You're just one of those dota haters". Then i can agree on that, I hate dota(why? I just dont like it, thats all).

My opinion, drop the bomb and leave AoS once and for all.

Level 8
Warcraft 3 is probably still alive because of DotA. I mean, come on... my friend bought Wacraft 3 just so that he can play DotA. Be grateful. :wink:

Anyways, AoS maps isn't that bad. Sure, there's too many of them and surely some of them are stupid and dull, but that's the way it is. Make 4 teams, create some twist and add sick-looking models or whatever, they're still AoS. You just can't change that fact. And you can't leave AoS and expect Warcraft 3 to survive on just strategy, td, survival and LOAP maps.

Anywho, that's my opinion.

Level 27
AoS is fucking boring and lame, ''Oh look i was just fast enough retreating my hero and now i have zero deaths! painfull for you that you weren't fast enough and i killed you on the last moment with TEH ABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!''

-.-

[Off-topic]
Oh and you know which maps also suck, those ring wars map thingies where you just have some crappy pre-made camps and then the only thing you do is spam alot of units and nuke the heroes for victory blahblah..[/Off-topic]

Level 25
AoS is fucking boring and lame, ''Oh look i was just fast enough retreating my hero and now i have zero deaths! painfull for you that you weren't fast enough and i killed you on the last moment with TEH ABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!''

-.-

[Off-topic]
Oh and you know which maps also suck, those ring wars map thingies where you just have some crappy pre-made camps and then the only thing you do is spam alot of units and nuke the heroes for victory blahblah..[/Off-topic]

So you're whining that the maps sucks because there's folks that are better than you? :p

Level 8
Maps I enjoy playing the most are in fact AoS-es. So, I can't really relate to what you're saying. Sure, I'm not a fan of DotA, but I can sure as hell respect it as a mod. I mostly spend my time on b.net waiting for games like Tides of Blood, Desert of Exile, Advent of the Zenith, Age of Myths... to appear.

If not AoS, what maps do you play?

Level 27
So you're whining that the maps sucks because there's folks that are better than you? :p

Captain Obvious comment.

Oh yeah they are so much better because they know how to use somekind of unevable ability on me when my hitpoints gew low and im not really paying attention. Just like with CoD 4 ''Look i haz a better K/D ratio than u I AM A BETTER!!!!''

Ok, another whining thread

I am wondering about logic of you, you write Aos is boring, and sux, but dota is still the most played map on b.net, so your logic sux, not AoS

Captain Obvious comment 2.

Yeah some people like to lame because their good at it -.-

Level 8
AoS is probably the best wc3 custom map concept.

ToB, DoE and AotZ are great maps, and there are some not so well known AoS maps too, some of which are pretty good.

I always liked The Legend of Sand. With a little editing it would have been a hell of a map.

I hate dota(why? I just dont like it, thats all).

I dont like it != I hate it.
Im sorry to say this, but you sound a li´l bit jealous.

Level 25
Captain Obvious comment.

Oh yeah they are so much better because they know how to use somekind of unevable ability on me when my hitpoints gew low and im not really paying attention. Just like with CoD 4 ''Look i haz a better K/D ratio than u I AM A BETTER!!!!''

Captain Obvious comment 2.

Yeah some people like to lame because their good at it -.-

Captain Obvious seems like a nice guy :D
But seriously, should the game be made so that it is simplified? I thought people hated that..

Level 18
The only reason people hate DotA is because it cuts off alot of other games.

However most statements that say DotA keeps Warcraft 3 alive are TRUE.

I lost my Wc3 TFT Disk some time ago (B4 the Patch for no-disks) and had to play RoC Battle.Net, there were FOUR Games on the list, 1 was HLW RoC, 2 were melee's, the other one was some wierd japanese game.

Level 17
Well not more complicated, less lame. ;)

As a mapmaker you should be able to point out what needs to be changed instead of saying it's lame.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like AoS games, they're about my favourite style, atleast when it comes down to the well-made ones.
The problem is that all new map-makers want to make another DotA, there's where the creativity fails.

Level 11
Lol. WarCraft 3 isnt alive cuz of Dota. Most ppl play Dota using some other programs that alove you to play just Dota on internet. I can ask around and see witch arethey using.
But if they play LAN then they must use War3 TFT.

Level 24
He means Garena and a few other less popular programs which emulate lan so you can play without a cd key offline (but still have people join your game).
...So it's still using WC3 to run the map itself, juts not Battle.net to host it?

Status
Not open for further replies.