• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoE MUI Channeling Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys, Since reforged is near I've found new inspiration to work on my map, but can't figure out how to make a MUI(no jass) channeling spell. So I figured i'd ask for some help.

I basically need a spell that channels and deals damage in a small AoE but deals the heroes Strength as damage and adds that Strength to every second of channeling, and if the channeling is stopped or is finished it deals bonus damage.

Something like:
1s channel=34damage.
2s channel=68damage.
3s channel=102damage.
You cancel or spell is finished=200 damage.

i'll be eternally grateful if you take the time to help me ;)

Level 24
Try fiddling with this, I'm too far from my computer to manage the finer details but i'm sure you can toy with it until a pro comes and make sleek dynamic indexing version for you.

Edit: If I recall correctly, the spell is much like your own, however it gains bonus damage at the end if it is channeled longer, I'm sure there is a config to meddle with.

Last edited:
Level 2
Try fiddling with this, I'm too far from my computer to manage the finer details but i'm sure you can toy with it until a pro comes and make sleek dynamic indexing version for you.

Edit: If I recall correctly, the spell is much like your own, however it gains bonus damage at the end if it is channeled longer, I'm sure there is a config to meddle with.

I took a look at it and yeah it is similar but a lot more complex. I'll try to make it like the spell I need. ;)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I uploaded a test map with your spell, hopefully it's bug free.

Explanation:
The spell deals 20/40/60 damage + 0.25/0.40/0.55% of your Strength per second while channeling. It also adds 2/4/6 Strength to the Hero per second that lasts for 8 seconds. Upon Releasing (canceling/finishing), the ability deals 40/70/100 bonus damage for each second channeled. So up to 120/210/300 total bonus damage if you channel for the full 3 seconds.

You can modify the stats in the Spell Config trigger.
  • Channel Spell Config
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Base Damage dealt per second --------
      • Set cs_SetupBaseDamage[1] = 20.00
      • Set cs_SetupBaseDamage[2] = 40.00
      • Set cs_SetupBaseDamage[3] = 60.00
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Bonus Damage added per second --------
      • Set cs_SetupBonusDamageStacks = True
      • -------- If BonusDamageStacks = True, the bonus damage stacks once per second, dealing more damage the longer you channel --------
      • -------- If BonusDamageStacks = False, the bonus damage is exactly how much damage the Release will deal --------
      • Set cs_SetupBonusDamage[1] = 40.00
      • Set cs_SetupBonusDamage[2] = 70.00
      • Set cs_SetupBonusDamage[3] = 100.00
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Bonus Strength added per second --------
      • Set cs_SetupBonusStrength[1] = 2
      • Set cs_SetupBonusStrength[2] = 4
      • Set cs_SetupBonusStrength[3] = 6
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Strength Multiplier (Strength will be mulitplied by this value and dealt as damage per second) --------
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthMultiplier[1] = 0.25
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthMultiplier[2] = 0.40
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthMultiplier[3] = 0.55
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Strength Duration --------
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthDuration[1] = 8.00
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthDuration[2] = 8.00
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthDuration[3] = 8.00
cs_BonusDamageStacks = True/False will determine whether or not the bonus damage stacks. If it's set to True then the Release damage grows the longer you channel it. If False, the Release damage will deal the same amount regardless of how long you channeled.

If you want to add more levels to the ability, simply copy and paste the Variables in the Spell Config trigger and adjust their Array Sizes (the number inside the []).
For example, adding 2 more levels to the ability would look like this for all of the Setup variables:
  • Actions
    • Set cs_SetupBaseDamage[4] = 80.00
    • Set cs_SetupBaseDamage[5] = 100.00
Note that the Follow Through Time (How long it's channeled for) and Area of Effect have to be changed on the Ability itself inside the Object Editor.

Attachments

• Channel Spell Uncle v.1.w3x
    29.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Level 2
I uploaded a test map with your spell, hopefully it's bug free.

Explanation:
The spell deals 20/40/60 damage + 0.25/0.40/0.55% of your Strength per second while channeling. It also adds 2/4/6 Strength to the Hero per second that lasts for 8 seconds. Upon Releasing (canceling/finishing), the ability deals 40/70/100 bonus damage for each second channeled. So up to 120/210/300 total bonus damage if you channel for the full 3 seconds.

You can modify the stats in the Spell Config trigger.
  • Channel Spell Config
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Base Damage dealt per second --------
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Bonus Damage added per second --------
      • Set cs_SetupBonusDamageStacks = True
      • -------- If BonusDamageStacks = True, the bonus damage stacks once per second, dealing more damage the longer you channel --------
      • -------- If BonusDamageStacks = False, the bonus damage is exactly how much damage the Release will deal --------
      • Set cs_SetupBonusDamage[1] = 40.00
      • Set cs_SetupBonusDamage[2] = 70.00
      • Set cs_SetupBonusDamage[3] = 100.00
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Bonus Strength added per second --------
      • Set cs_SetupBonusStrength[1] = 2
      • Set cs_SetupBonusStrength[2] = 4
      • Set cs_SetupBonusStrength[3] = 6
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Strength Multiplier (Strength will be mulitplied by this value and dealt as damage per second) --------
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthMultiplier[1] = 0.25
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthMultiplier[2] = 0.40
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthMultiplier[3] = 0.55
      • -------- - --------
      • -------- Strength Duration --------
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthDuration[1] = 8.00
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthDuration[2] = 8.00
      • Set cs_SetupStrengthDuration[3] = 8.00
cs_BonusDamageStacks = True/False will determine whether or not the bonus damage stacks. If it's set to True then the Release damage grows the longer you channel it. If False, the Release damage will deal the same amount regardless of how long you channeled.

If you want to add more levels to the ability, simply copy and paste the Variables in the Spell Config trigger and adjust their Array Sizes (the number inside the []).
For example, adding 2 more levels to the ability would look like this for all of the Setup variables:
  • Actions
    • Set cs_SetupBaseDamage[4] = 80.00
    • Set cs_SetupBaseDamage[5] = 100.00
Note that the Follow Through Time (How long it's channeled for) and Area of Effect have to be changed on the Ability itself inside the Object Editor.
Oh, wow thanks for the work, I see your spell easier to edit, but I've already figured out how to edit devaluts spell to my need. (with a lot of trial and error, lol) Thanks for the work thou. :)

But maybe you'd like to create a similar spell for me? it would be like this one but wouldn't be channeled. It would work like this. when cast, it would create a storm at the current position damaging units in an AoE for the heroes Intelligence around the cast point every second, repeating once per 30 Intelligence. (like if you have 120 Intelligence it repeats 4 time at every second for 4 seconds.)

Lemme know if you'd like to work on it. ;)

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Oh, wow thanks for the work, I see your spell easier to edit, but I've already figured out how to edit devaluts spell to my need. (with a lot of trial and error, lol) Thanks for the work thou. :)

But maybe you'd like to create a similar spell for me? it would be like this one but wouldn't be channeled. It would work like this. when cast, it would create a storm at the current position damaging units in an AoE for the heroes Intelligence around the cast point every second, repeating once per 30 Intelligence. (like if you have 120 Intelligence it repeats 4 time at every second for 4 seconds.)

Lemme know if you'd like to work on it. ;)
What you do mean by "storm at current position", is current position the target point of ability being cast or the position of the casting unit?

Edit: Uploaded a map, check it out. It's pretty simple, I just have a Dummy cast Blizzard and modify the ability fields via triggers.

Attachments

• Storm v.1.w3x
    21.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Level 2
What you do mean by "storm at current position", is current position the target point of ability being cast or the position of the casting unit?

Edit: Uploaded a map, check it out. It's pretty simple, I just have a Dummy cast Blizzard and modify the abilities fields via triggers.

Yeah the current spell is pretty much what I need, but by current point I mean the position of the casting unit. Like a cast spell with no target, like thunder clap or berserk or any other instant spell, but the damage stays in that area where you started casting. Like you're running around, you cast the storm spell and it in turn creates a stationary storm and shocks enemies by the mentioned parameters.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Did you end up editing it to work that way? Should be fairly easy to tweak.

Edit: I uploaded an Instant version.

Note: I found a small problem. Blizzard by default doesn't "stack" meaning if you have 2+ storms in the same area hitting the same enemies, only 1 (I assume the strongest) storm will deal damage.

Attachments

• Storm v.2.w3x
    21.7 KB · Views: 30
Level 2
Did you end up editing it to work that way? Should be fairly easy to tweak.

Edit: I uploaded an Instant version.

Note: I found a small problem. Blizzard by default doesn't "stack" meaning if you have 2+ storms in the same area hitting the same enemies, only 1 (I assume the strongest) storm will deal damage.

Awesome work. Thanks! Stacking is not a problem, this will do fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.