• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
These spells have bugged me to make for a while.

Active
GUI
Unit cannot die for 6 seconds. meaning they cannot be dropped below 1 hp but can still be casted on. Much like Dazzle's Shallow Grave Spell from dota.

Active
GUI
Deals damage per second and cuts the inflicted unit's healing in half.

Active
GUI
Blink with a 5 second cool down that deals 100 damage to a 100 AOE in which the caster lands deals 100 more damage and costs 100 more mana with each consecutive blink, consecutive meaning the caster has blinked within 8 seconds of the previous blink.

Active
GUI
Finger of Death that if it kills the targeted hero will deal half the damage to all of the targeted heroes allied heros, and summons.

Active
GUI
After a 1 second channel the caster shoots a spell in a straight line healing all allies and dealing damage to all enemies it passes through, the spell should shoot globally.

Active
Gui
The caster shoots a skill shot in a straight line dealing damage to the 1st thing it hits.
The damage is equal to 20/30/40/50/60/70 + the attack damage of the caster.

Active
Gui
Projectile that travels in a straight line and deals damage to the 1st thing it hits. I need a template for these kinds of spells.

If you could make any of these spells i would be extremely grateful.

Thank you for your help so far.

Last edited:
For the Critical Strike one.
The only way you can use custom chance is with triggers.
First one adds event of being damaged.
  • CS 1
    • Events
      • Map initialization
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Removes unit group leak --------
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup =true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is in Damage_group) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Adds it to a unit group so the same unit is not picked twice --------
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Damage_group
              • -------- Adds the damage detection event --------
              • Trigger - Add to CS 2 <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)
            • Else - Actions
Second one deals damage multiplier and creates floating text.
  • CS 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Critical Strike for (Damage source)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • -------- If a random real is below the %, the action fires --------
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random real number between 1.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to (100.00 - (Percentage life of (Damage source)))
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Turns off to stop an endless loop --------
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • -------- By dealing damage again, it is 'doubling' --------
          • Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (Damage taken) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
          • -------- Floating text! --------
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((2.00 x (Damage taken)))))) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 64.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 60.00 towards 90.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.70 seconds
          • -------- Turns on for use again --------
          • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

Level 4
Thank you for your help. I would perfer there to be no limits so for every 8% missing that would mean user gains more and more damage until theyre down to 1 health. if that answered the question.

I will rep you two for your help.

Level 33
100 / 8 = 12.5 times the "damage changing phase" will occur
EVERYTHING has limit, dude
12.5 = 12 times
at 96% loss of max HP, there will be a total of (12 * 2) +24 damage (if your damage is +2 for every 8% of loss max HP)
Maths =D

Level 4
i counted 11 times when i redid the trigger. 0-8 9-17 18-26 27-35 36-44 45-53 54-62 63-71 72-80 81-89 90-100. but thats how i ended up interpreting the spell you gave me. i ended up needing 5% attackspeed for 11 lvls and 5 attack damage for 11 lvls. Thank you so much for the code i was so lost.

Level 33
The problem now is... ?
I can't interpret what you need >.<"

You can change the damage and attack speed bonus from the Object Editor under Abilities Tab
Go to Custom Abilities folder, both of them are saved there
Data - Bonus Damage change to 5 per level, change its level from 4 to 11
Same goes to Endurance Aura, make it 11 level and change each of the increment to 5% (0.05) per 8% HP loss starting from 5%
The bonus starts at 100% HP, mind this, I just followed Huskar's Berserker's Blood from DotA, it starts from 100% HP

Level 4
i was saying the trigger will work great :) i ended up changing endurance aura to the attackspeed item version tho to save room for icons.

do you know how to make passive spells only work at night, or day for that matter?

these spells in particular?

Passive
Hero gets 35% movement speed and 50% attack speed at night

Active
GUI please
ability levels 6 times
Hero deals 100 damage during the day and slows the target enemy hero by 20%, but at night the spell does 350 damage and slows the target by 60%.

Thank you for your time and hopefully you guys can help me.

Level 4
yea i played dota.

My goal is to make an aos that combines the best elements of dota league of legends and heroes of newerth. So i need to understand how to make these spells so that i can use them for my own hero creations that will be both familiar yet creative to players.

The night i was planning to make a hero who is good during the night like balanar, and also a counter hero who is good during the day.

and with the attack speed one i plan to do a few things relating to getting better per attack. Such as a higher chance to bash with each consecutive attack, or a higher chance to crit, but the main one is both the attackspeed and more healing with each consecutive attack.

Just since you ask, i want you to know what your helping with haha.

Level 4
Thanks to your help the only spell i still need is the one that once cast the caster cannot fall below 1 health for 6 seconds, invulnerability just wasn't working out. i still want things to be able to cast and slow and stun the caster just not kill the caster.

Level 4
yea the day and night skill looks perfect. so for a day spell i would just do the opposite right? cause i planned to use the night and day to my advantage.

Level 4
I have another stumper... for me at least. So i want to make a character summon a unit but i want the units attacks to deal X percentage of the casting units Intelligence. is that a possibility you guys think?

Level 4
So basically

Unit of type <Unit summoned> attacks

Deal .5 of the intelligence of casting unit.

But that doesn't work at all because it never takes into account what the casting unit is.

Level 4
so i am using the night spell and it won't level the ability at night when i swap it for the night version.

Add <ability 1>
Set Lev of ability 1 to Lev of ability 2 for learner
Remove ability 2

and it keeps setting the ability 1 back to lev 1?

Level 4
Start SF
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Integer((In-game time of day))) Greater than or equal to 18
    • (Integer((In-game time of day))) Less than or equal to 6
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Starfall (day)
  • Actions
      • If - Conditions
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Unit - Add Starfall (night) to (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Set level of Starfall (night) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Starfall (day) for (Casting unit))
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
      • Else - Actions
Learn
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Priestess of the Moon
  • Actions
    • Set Learner = (Triggering unit)
    • Trigger - Turn on Start <gen>

Last edited:
Level 4
i gave up on switching the spells during the night and just did a dummy unit at night but even that isn't working

Level 4
Thanks i did that for you. i had no clue how haha

• Start
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 18.00
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Less than or equal to 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Lunar Grace Night to Learner
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Learner using ElunesBlessing.MDX
      • Set Elune = (Last created special effect)
      • Trigger - Turn on End <gen>
  • End
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 6.01
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Less than or equal to 17.59
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Lunar Grace Night from Learner
      • Special Effect - Destroy Elune
Also did i do this right? basically i want the moon to be above her head at night and go away during the day. But i have a feeling that the moment another special effect is made Elune becomes void and the moon wont disappear.

Level 33
Thanks i did that for you. i had no clue how haha

• Start
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 18.00
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Less than or equal to 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Lunar Grace Night to Learner
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Learner using ElunesBlessing.MDX
      • Set Elune = (Last created special effect)
      • Trigger - Turn on End <gen>
  • End
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 6.01
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Less than or equal to 17.59
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Lunar Grace Night from Learner
      • Special Effect - Destroy Elune
Also did i do this right? basically i want the moon to be above her head at night and go away during the day. But i have a feeling that the moment another special effect is made Elune becomes void and the moon wont disappear.

(From my test map)
Object Editor -> Abilities Tab -> Find "Hunter in the Night" Custom Abilities folder -> Art - Target change it to Starfall (Effect) <Effect> -> Art - Target Attachment Point 1 change it to overhead -> At Attachment Point 2, delete the "hand,right"
SFX is created

Level 4
so there is no way to hold it with the special effect command?
Because i am using (item) Attack speed not endurance aura because i do not want the Icon there.

What do you suggest?

Level 4
  • Engage 5 attacks
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Critical Strike (100%) for (Attacking unit)) Not equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,left of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Weapons\VoidWalkerMissile\VoidWalkerMissile.mdl
      • Set HandGlow = (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Attacking unit) to ((Custom value of (Attacking unit)) + 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Abs(((Custom value of (Attacking unit)) mod 6))) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Destroy HandGlow
          • Unit - Remove Critical Strike (100%) from (Attacking unit)
        • Else - Actions
The reason i ask is cause i also use the same technique here and it doesn't work at all...

Level 33
Change condition to Greater than 0 (for better efficiency)
There is another SFX destroy...
I never did success in destroying SFX that is variable-type, only I use Destroy (Last created special effect) action, never saved it, sorry =(

Level 4
Well thats what a Forum is for haha since neither of us know hopefully someone who does will help out lol.

and ill be sure to change that. Thank you for helping so much. Speaking of did you look at page one i had a few more spells that i found i couldn't do once i further progressed in my map, do you know how to do any of the new spells i put up?

Level 4
could you level it through 6 levels please, i would also like it to slow at night. like balanars. Don't worry i am not copying dota, i just use the spells as templates for other spells.

but like i said i have problems with the abilities when i go to level them at night they don;t gain a level during day.

Level 4
But it isn't necessary since you gave me the night template. I only need to know how to make the spell level to the level it was during the night to the day, and vice versa. Right now when i level a spell at night it sets the day spell to level 1

Level 8
Active
GUI
Unit cannot die for 6 seconds. meaning they cannot be dropped below 1 hp but can still be casted on. Much like Dazzle's Shallow Grave Spell from dota.

easy.... 15 minutes later --> done.

TestMap Download

also, looking at all spells in your first post, their not so hard, i suppose i could do them but it'll have to wait till this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.