• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyway too make a Owlbeast form with the Metamorphis spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Kinda like a druid spell where you transform into the animal. Kinda like WoW, but I want new abilities for the transformed creature.
After the druid converts back I want him too have his own abilities back and such.

I'm not sure if the spells get their levels back if the normal and the alternate unit have different sets... Normally if they have the same spells, the levels will still remain... You can try it first with the metamorphosis spell, just create different spell sets for the Normal Druid and for the Owl Druid but be sure to make them both have the metamorphosis spell...

if it doesnt work, you can use the normal metamorphosis skill then just save the level of the hero's abilities into variables and set them back when the hero reverts...

basically just create the two units (the druid and the owl) and then add different skills to them in the Object editor, but make sure that they both have the same metamorphosis skill...

Level 6
I've done the exact thing pretty much, I used the bear form ability and just set it as a hero spells, works well. though my druid only has 2 abilities different so yeah kinda like WoW, his healing spells are switched with two 'owl beast' spells, and the rest remain normal. I'll show you the trigger, it might be a bit messy or inefficient but it works fine. Thing with mine is the moonkin abilities don't need to be leveled, oh and I use 'normal' abilities so they don't get transfered when he shape shifts like hero ones do, you can still just give the normal abilities levels and level them with triggers.

What i've done below is simply setting the levels of the abilities as he gains the preffered level, They might not seem needed with the very last trigger at the bottom, but they are. Because if he's not in his owl form when he levels, the trigger below will level the spell for him.

• Wild Growth levels
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Arch Druid 0112 <gen>
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Wild Growth for Arch Druid 0112 <gen> to 2
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 6
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Wild Growth for Arch Druid 0112 <gen> to 3
        • Else - Actions
  • Healing touch levels
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Arch Druid 0112 <gen>
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Healing Touch for Arch Druid 0112 <gen> to 2
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Healing Touch for Arch Druid 0112 <gen> to 3
        • Else - Actions
(Below) What i've found is that whenever he'd switch into his owl form and switch back, his normal abilities would revert to level 1, so I had to make this to automatically level them to the right level whenever he shape shifts and then turns back. My waits are probably a bit too long but they're to give time for him to shape shift, as if there's not wait it'll try to level the spells before he's even got them.

• Unmoonkining
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unbearform))
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Arch Druid 0112 <gen>) Greater than or equal to 10
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.40 seconds
          • Unit - Set level of Healing Touch for Arch Druid 0112 <gen> to 3
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Arch Druid 0112 <gen>) Greater than or equal to 5
          • (Level of Arch Druid 0112 <gen>) Less than or equal to 9
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.40 seconds
          • Unit - Set level of Healing Touch for Arch Druid 0112 <gen> to 2
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Arch Druid 0112 <gen>) Less than or equal to 5
          • (Level of Arch Druid 0112 <gen>) Greater than or equal to 4
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.40 seconds
          • Unit - Set level of Wild Growth for Arch Druid 0112 <gen> to 2
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Arch Druid 0112 <gen>) Greater than or equal to 6
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.40 seconds
          • Unit - Set level of Wild Growth for Arch Druid 0112 <gen> to 3
        • Else - Actions
Not sure if all of this is needed, but it works how i'd like it. Hope it helps.
Oh and incase you didn't know already, there's a druid model that has an shapeshift animation to an owlbeast http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/archdruid-49781/?prev=search=arch%20druid&d=list&r=20

Last edited:
Level 21
A normal night elf druid turning into one of these:
key9mw.jpg

Well I thought you could make new spells for the transformed form, but I want it too stay in form until you decide too change back.
Kinda like the ultimate spell, but at a higher level.
I'm also deciding too make custom spells for the druid as well.

Level 6
A normal night elf druid turning into one of these:

Yes, check the link in my last post. He turns into one of those.

Well I thought you could make new spells for the transformed form, but I want it too stay in form until you decide too change back.
Kinda like the ultimate spell, but at a higher level.
I'm also deciding too make custom spells for the druid as well.

You can make new spells for the transformed form. Set some spells up as 'normal' spells instead of hero, and give them to the alternate form unit, he'll have them when you switch. If you want levels for the alternate form's spells, then use my trigger but duplicate it to work for the alternate form also. The bear form spell works this way, you can stay shifted until you decide to shift back. And you can make the shapeshift the ultimate spell, just set it so it can't be learned until level 6 or whatever. As for custom spells, my druid has custom spells too, those 2 spells in those triggers I posted are both trigger enhanced spells. All works pretty smooth

Level 21
Yes, check the link in my last post. He turns into one of those.

You can make new spells for the transformed form. Set some spells up as 'normal' spells instead of hero, and give them to the alternate form unit, he'll have them when you switch. If you want levels for the alternate form's spells, then use my trigger but duplicate it to work for the alternate form also. The bear form spell works this way, you can stay shifted until you decide to shift back. And you can make the shapeshift the ultimate spell, just set it so it can't be learned until level 6 or whatever. As for custom spells, my druid has custom spells too, those 2 spells in those triggers I posted are both trigger enhanced spells. All works pretty smooth

Could you test a map for me and see if I like it?
Oh and by the way, I got the idea for a campaign like I'm going too do so I gladly appreciate your help.

Level 6
Sure thing but I can't right now as l'm on the wrong computer, but if someone feels like making a test map for warlord using my trigger in the meantime then feel free to, otherwise i'll create one for you tomorrow. I'm sorry, check in later :goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.