• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bear Form problems.. help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i want to create a map named "Druid Wars" So like WoW, the hero can change to be a animal as long as he want. So i use bear form and i create a new hero but the model is a tiger..

I make the bear form spell into a hero spell and make the level into 4, the thing that i change is just the normal unit and the transformed unit... also the description, etc

The Problem is..
When i test my map, i use the skill "Cat Form", then the Hero stay for 1-2 second and then it change into a tiger, but for 1-2 second after it, the tiger not moved and it transform again into the Hero..

Help me please i will give you credit and +rep if you help me :grin: :thumbs_up:

Level 3
One way is to start using the game cache and make the spell with triggers , otherwise the Shapeshifting abilities will make into the unit you pick and Normally when you Shapeshift back to hero form you will go into level 1 hero as i remember when i try .
You can try with Metamorph but then you will not be granded new abilities if the heroes are with non hero abilities thats simple you just make a trigger to forget all the old ones and learn all the new ones upon the casting of the metamorph , but then you must not use a cooldown abilities cuz it can be exploited .

Level 4
Well, i have tried to set the duration into 0.10 and OMG it works!! But still have the problem..

You know the druid just not change into 1 form, it also can change into other form..

My hero have 4 form.. it's a bear form, cat form, travel form, and flight form..

THE PROBLEM :
When my hero have learn all the form ability, and i change form into a bear... then i want to change into Normal Form.. but [BUG STARTED] I not changed into a Normal Form (Human) But change into a Cat.. when i use the Cat form, i Change into a Bird (Flight Form).. so it's become complicated ...

Can "Robo-Goblin Abilty" solved this or should i combined those ability so it wont bug or there is other solution???

Of course CREDIT and REP if you can solve it!

Level 2
Sounds like a pathing error. I would look through your code. But I am pretty sure that basing all the skills off robo-goblin would be best.

Level 3
If you dont use Hero Abilities you can try something like this :

Attachments

• Shapeshiftingmaybe.w3x
    23.7 KB · Views: 53
Level 3
Well it can use more adjustment but hero abilities reset everytime , as i said i'm bad with gamecache to make it work ;)

Level 10
heres the problem, you have to base those abilities off other, for example, my suggestion is to bases bear form off robo-goblin, bird form off metamorph(since its better to have flight tempowary), base cat form off chemical rage(yes its a morph). if you do that, they should all work, and if you want the ability to turn things off and on, just goto gameplay constants and tick off "Can be Deactivated" for those form's base ability. No trigger and works perfectly! if you dont understand, just pm me and ill make a test map for u

Level 4
@defskull i just tell my problem about my bear problem but unfortunatly it bugged so i ask you guys.. sorry if you didn't understand

@sPy i'll try your map later,, i will inactive for a while :vw_sleep: by the way... you are so helping for my project..

TO ALL PEOPLE THAT POST IN THIS THREAD,, THANKS A LOT! :thumbs_up: I THINK sPy map will solved all my problem and of course with all ur help

Status
Not open for further replies.