1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Anyone knows about stackings (critical, bash, block)

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by JFA, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Vunjo

Vunjo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dr. Super Good, so it is regular Warcraft bug. Like, if Blademaster has Critical Strike ability, and an Item with another CT (I think that it is searing blade, correct me if I am wrong), and they both "react" or crit, then the damage will be dealt by only 1, but both numbers will be showed? If that is correct, then Blizzard should fix that bug with patches. Some maps can be ruined...
    Also, was the dmg cause by 1 crit, or by First X Second crit?
    I mean, was the damage 2 times, or 4 times?

2. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Vunjo, the damage is only 2 times, and yes, it's a bug that blizzard should patch, but it's not a big deal, it can easily be triggered and blizzard has better things to do that people want them to do (like diablo 3 !!)

3. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So, the if the XXX! stacks on one another (double stacking values), meaning it will take the highest amount of damage to be dealt?
    Not ALL of the values will be done in damage ?

4. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Attack speed depend on all kind of crazy shit! (Another bothering limit is animation speed)

Check this image now ↓
    So minimal attack speed is around 0.1 :p

Attached Files:

5. D4RK_G4ND4LF

D4RK_G4ND4LF

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can confirm the round-up
    7.5 -> 10% on 100,000 hits
    2.49 -> 0% on 100,000 hits

it might be possible that heros with more agility can attack even faster

edit:
    100.000 attacks with 100 heroes with 1000000000 agility take 22 seconds -> attack cooldown of 0.0222....
    100.000 attacks with 100 heroes with 15 agility take 78 seconds -> attack cooldown of 0.078
    increasing the attack speed bonus per point of agility in gameplay constants does not have any effect (probably the limit is 550% as I read somewhere but I'm not sure)
    animation and attack cooldown was set to 0.00
    gamespeed was maxed (so real time and game time is equal)
    edit2: further tests lead me to the conclusion that agility can increase attack speed by 450% to a total of 550%

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No it is not possible.

I gave a hero with 1000 agiligy a 800000% faster attack item multiple copies off with a faster attack aura and it is still limited to a rather lage value (you can easilly hit the limit in the editor). Before you think I am stupid, I did remove all animation delay to 0.

The result was a prety clear limit, the exact magnitude of which I forget but it still exists and it is well below 100 attacks per second. I think it may have even been 8.33 attacks per second only.

Further more, the most +%AR (from abilities, agility or items) is +400% and -400% (the least). Any values outside those ranges are ignored and thus wasted. This is hard coded and every proper map maker from red scull (swat aftermath) to the team of DotA allstars knows this. +400% AR shoots 5 attacks in the time 1 was orignally shot (1/5 of normal attack speed) and -400% means that the delay between shots is 5 times longer.

If you set reload time to 0, it may attack faster but it is garunteed to lag any system running the game until the target dies (0 FPS). I strongly advise never touching 0 reload time.

7. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    True, but off-topic :D

Warcraft has limitations in critical strike chance (rounds up), attack speed (can't be extremely fast), movement speed (idem) and other things as well.
    But the question was about stacking passive abilities, and as far as I know that has been solved :D

(Although I must say that I learned quite a bit from this topic, including the things I experimented with myself).

8. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I learned A LOT from this topic, especially to ap0 and Doctor guy =D

9. JFA

JFA

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok ok really i wanted thanks everyone who tried help me but everyone talked about different things i want to replace question with pictures

I have a 3 items and 1 ability and those ability and items based on Hardened Skin

If i have a Flesh Skin Level 4 after than i will purchase Iron Plate
    1-)skill and item will stack ?
    2-)if yes, how can i calculate, only i wanted to know formula

If i have Mithrill Plate and i'm picked Armor of Bladebane
    1-)item and item will stack ?
    2-)if yes, how can i calculate, only i wanted to know formula

Flesh Skin and Iron Plate
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mithrill Plate and Armor of Bladebane

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    well its basically it
    you have 42 chance to block 42 damage and 33 chance to block 20 damage.
    and you'll have 61.14 chance of getting any block

11. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    To elaborate:

Chance 1 (C1) = 42%
    Chance 2 (C2) = 33%

Total Chance = (C1 + C2 - ((C1 * C2)/100))

(Sorry, Just_Spectating, but he asked for a formula... I didn't want to steal your post or anything :| )