• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Warcraft 3 Stacking System (critical, bash, damage block)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi everyone. I'm the very old mapmaker. I'm started to making maps when RoC is out but for a loooong time i don't understand about stackings (critical, bash, damage block) and i need to learn. If you have a questions you can ask yourselves i want to make this topic helps everyone.

Let me start first with few examples

Question 1 (Hardened Skin ability)
Both of the abilities Data - Minimum Damage: 0

I have an item that gives %100 chance to blocks 40 damage
If i pick seconds item that gives %100 change to blocks 20 damage

How much damage i take against 80 damage?
How much damage i take against 60 damage?

Question 2 (Hardened Skin ability)
Both of the abilities Data - Minimum Damage: 40

I have an item that gives %100 chance to blocks 40 damage

Question 3 (Hardened Skin ability)
Both of the abilities Data - Minimum Damage: 40

I have a 2 items that gives %100 chance to blocks 40 damage

I need to learn specially third question because i remember yesterday when we played my friend deals less damage when he carries just 1 damage block item but if he picks seconds item, he starts to taking more damage.

Last edited:
Level 25
What you're writing about is Hardened Skin ability, not Resistant Skin. Resistant Skin does something entirely different.

Hardened Skin reduces incoming physical damage up to amount specified in "Data - Ignored Damage", but no matter what, the final damage won't be less than "Data - Minimum Damage".
E.g.
Chance: 100%
Ignored Damage: 20
Minimum Damage: 10
a) You deal 50 damage. 20 damage is ignored, remaining 30 damage is greater than minimum damage, so it passes and deals 30 damage.
b) You deal 25 damage. 20 damage is ignored, but the remaining 5 damage is less than minimum damage, hence you take 10 damage (= you take the Minimum Damage).

How it stacks I have no idea. I think it doesn't stack, but only the stronger one will work. I imagine it would prefer:
1st: The ability with higher % chance
2nd: In case they have same %, the ability with higher ignored damage
3rd: In case they have same % and ignored damage, the ability with less Minimum damage.

But I can't say that for sure. On the other hand, you could easily check this yourself. Just make a unit with 1000 health, give it the Hardened Skin abilities and make other unit that deals constant damage (e.g. 20-20) and look what happens.

Level 17
ah yes hardened skin it's my fault :)

Thanks for the explanation but i need to exact answer. At least one of the my questions.

Now i can understand about the minimum damage thank you man. Now we'll wait and see about stacking explanations.

Level 17
Why don't you test it yourself?

Give those abilities to a unit, and make a trigger that displays the amount of damage done.

good idea but i have a serious problem about warcraft 3 takes damage system and i don't know how can i test -_-

edit: lol there was a action named event response damage taken i wasn't know there are action with that named, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.