• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any way to retain custom import paths between maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello!

I'm working on a campaign for TFT. In it, I am importing a rather large number of custom models/icons/skins/terrains/sounds/music/etc. Around the tune of 900 files or so. The frustrating issue I'm encountering is that once I get all of the files working properly by modifying their import path on one map, I create the next map and I have to go back through and re-do all of the import paths so that they work again on the new map.

My question: Is there an addon/plug-in/something I'm not seeing, that will allow me to simply "copy and paste" the import paths from one map into another? Or do I have to go through and match up the paths by hand for all 900 files? :(.

If my situation or question isn't clear, please let me know and I'll try to clarify ^_^. Thanks, in advance!

Level 11
Nope. Well, i think there isnt. You have to import them every time. CnP wont work. So, I'm guessing, no.

But, You can make a new map, import all models and stuff in it, then save it as many times as you will have missions. Then, since maps are unedited, start working on them.

And, are all of the imports used in every map? If its not, dont upload unnecessary ones. It will make map size lesser, whitch is a plus.

Level 1
I'm not sure what all I'm using in all the maps. I just kinda put all the stuff I may need in the map while I'm making it, then I trim it down once everything's the way I want it. But thanks, *sigh* I suppose that'll put a damper on how fast I get this campaign done lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.